It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What We Know: Social Media Rumors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Found this article from KGW in Portland for anyone interested in where the reports stand as far as viability and evidence.

Protesters surround woman's SUV

One part of the story we can confirm is that the woman told demonstrators she needed to be let through because of an emergency. However, we do not know what that emergency was.

The woman eventually drove out of the confrontation and called for help from a nearby convenience store parking lot. Did she call 911? We don’t know. KGW has requested public records related to the investigation to determine which, if any, of the unsubstantiated internet claims may be true.

Ambulance stuck in traffic with patient in need of medical care

On Tuesday, KGW reached out to multiple agencies, including the Portland Police Bureau, American Medical Response and Metro West Ambulance. None of the agencies had any report or record indicating this had actually happened. They determined it to be an unsubstantiated claim.

There's more if you wish to check it out.
www.kgw.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI
I did not read the article but:
In many defense classes they are now teaching if surrounded by a mob (especially those who are breaking windows and beating people with bats) do not stop. You are in a 2000+ pound weapon that will make hamburger meat out of the most determined attacker.

edit on 727thk16 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky
Yep thatll work till you get about ten deep into the crowd, and start to spin out...........

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   

In many defense classes they are now teaching if surrounded by a mob (especially those who are breaking windows and beating people with bats) do not stop. You are in a 2000+ pound weapon that will make hamburger meat out of the most determined attacker.

And possibly result in multiple felony charges, especially if you try to 'make hamburger' of people. I would also recommend not stopping but steady pace moving through the crowd instead of panicking and flooring it.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

And possibly result in multiple felony charges, especially if you try to 'make hamburger' of people. I would also recommend not stopping but steady pace moving through the crowd instead of panicking and flooring it.

If you are in fear for your life and have already seen other cars busted and their drivers pulled out of their vehicles and beaten or had brick applied to the side of their head (L.A. Riots) You go ahead and sit their and use words to defend yourself... If you survive let me know what words worked .such as "STOP I AM A MEMBER OF ATS"..or whatever..youtu.be...

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Yah, thanks. I thought the intent was not to harm people, just get the hell out of there. Referencing LA riots stemming from Rodney King riot isn't really really fair, that was a city on fire, a result of the injustice of the verdict.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

An angry mob is an angry mob, what instigated it is irrelevant when you're trying to ensure your own safety.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Not with a good lawyer,if she was attacked by a mob ,she could claim diminished capacity,that ever happens to me,I have a bull guard on my truck,and when I see protestors surrounding my vehicle I see them growing horns

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

And I'm pretty sure you don't intend to 'make hamburger' out of people, do you?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

I'd leave the people growing horns comment out of your sworn testimony, though.
edit on 16-11-2016 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   
How dumb do we have to be to find yonder road blocked by people and continue driving down there towards them?

new topics

top topics

join