It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Nebraska mans forehead rented for more than $37,000, for advertising space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   
A Nebraska man has auctioned off his forehead to be used for advertising space. Andrew Fischer, received over $37,000 to advertise the stop snoring product SnoreStop. The logo will be displayed for one month.

cnews.canoe.ca
OMAHA, Neb. (AP) - A web-page designer who auctioned off the use of his forehead for advertising space is letting it go to his head.

Andrew Fischer, 20, of Omaha, who put his forehead for sale on eBay as advertising space, received $37,375 US on Friday to advertise the snoring remedy, SnoreStop.

Fischer will display the SnoreStop logo on his forehead for one month.

"I look forward to an enjoyable association with Andrew, a man who clearly has a head for business in every sense of the word," SnoreStop CEO Christian de Rivel said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

What next? Given some of the people I saw on the beeches in Eastern Europe, we are talking billboard like space here. However, this really crosses the line, but I have to admit, for that kind of money, I might be tempted too. Or if it were say a good cause.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Where can I do this? I will gladley advertise something on my forhead. U2U me on how to do this.(I am dead serious, I need money, and this would be so great! Please U2U me)

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Apparently, all you need is an eBay account. That and a receding hairline

[edit on 26-1-2005 by Duzey]

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
Apparently, all you need is an eBay account. That and a receding hairline

[edit on 26-1-2005 by Duzey]

man Imagine if you are bald!!! Were talking 360 degrees of adds!!!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Obviously Andrew Fischer doesn't have as good a head for business as they think, or he would have thought of that!

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Where can I do this? I will gladley advertise something on my forhead. U2U me on how to do this.(I am dead serious, I need money, and this would be so great! Please U2U me)

James you could shave your head for 37 grand and do an advertisement for Bayer aspirin

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I could, I would gladely shave my head for 50$ let alone 37,000. Hell, when I went to HS they actually paid me 50$ to shave my head, easiest 50 bucks ever. Took me awhile to grow it back out, but 50 bucks is money.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Hurry James, get your ad up now. Future space are filling up fast...

Some current eBay listings:
One-Month Advertising Space on Man's Forehead
forehead space for sale for 30 day advertising
human back space for sale for permanet advertising

Get on it man, before all the good sponsors are nabbed.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 02:36 AM
link   
He did better than Rufus the Stuntbum, sold his forehead permanently for 2 cans of beer.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Excellent 1 Excellent !

He deserves every single penny for his brilliance. This is goinna start a fad worldwide. Excellent !

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 03:58 AM
link   
heck yea, I am posting my forhead on ebay, right now, I had to get a bunch of stitches in my head and it is shaved, I will do multiple ads! What the heck!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Heck, get yourself a white suit and rent yourself out as a human bulletin board. You can buy those iron on transfers and print their ads on them, transfer them to the suit. You can spend your days strolling around the mall while little kids chase your down to see what your pantleg says.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 06:03 AM
link   
If he can earn that much on the OUTSIDE of his head, imagine what Bush could earn with all that empty space on the INSIDE of his!

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
very good find Fred. Personally, I don't know if I could bring myself to put an advertisement on my forehead, it just feels wrong, but I have to hand it to that guy. Brilliant idea, like said before me, he really deserves that money.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Been some time since this was reported.

Seems the initial hype was misplaced. Don't see any MacDonald's ads on anyone's forehead !

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Didn't a lady just do the same thing by advertising on her cleavage? I'm pretty sure she didn't get that much money for it.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Advertising pays big. 37k a month is even more than the Billboard companies around here charge for their stationary 48ft boards. I suppose more people will get up close and personal with this guy's forehead, so it's worth the extra bit to advertise.

top topics

join