It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feminism now targeting: Mansplaining

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I think its ironic that Feminazis will denounce the stereotypes that men supposedly put on them all the time by verbally spewing a bunch of typical male stereotypes themselves. They seem to forget that when you point the finger at someone, you always have three pointing right back at you.

I do know domineering type men that keep their wives in line. And I also have seen just as many wives shamelessly dominate their husbands.

Grocery shopping a while back I was getting some milk and saw this guy begging his wife, and I mean literally begging her in the middle of the grocery aisle, to get the lactose free milk. She just simply said, "No" and walked off pushing the buggy. The guy put the milk down and followed after her, shamefully hanging his head looking at the floor as he walked. It was one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen in my life.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
All the women make sure you raise your hand.

These subjects seem to always draw a male crowd.

Maybe women are embarrassed by this type of nonsense, so stay away.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Maybe it's because men get tired of women needing help so often? All I know is that deaing with women in IT is often a big pain.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
There is a solution to this. Do not ever explain anything to female co-worker. Carry a card or piece of paper with the number of the helpline written on it and when asked a question by a female at work just hold it up at a comfortable distance so that the poor little snowflakes will not feel threatened by male proximity, or strain their weak female eyes. Try not to laugh when they cry after being fired for not working as effectively as male staff who help each other to get things done. Deduct a suitable amount from each male member of staff's wages to cover all the nuisance law suits that wimmins empowerment organisations will file against any company or organisation that does not treat female workers as equal by making special exemptions that male workers would never get or ask for.

Alternatively the world could manufacture sufficient amounts of cotton wool to wrap each and every women up in so that real life can never touch, effect, make them feel threatened, or cry. Surely any non bat s,,t women would feel patronised by an ideology that assumes adult females are like children and need to be sheltered from the realities of working life. If you are a women and you feel this way stay out of business and commerce and be a housewife, or just hide under your bed.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

This victimizing of the female gender for being ignorant of things that need to be explained to them has got to stop.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I don't think it's anything to target, but don't think it's not real. Just the difference between men and women. Men do it to other men too, men they perceive as less than themselves. Hell, some women do it.

Anyways, I liked this article:

www.motherjones.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I'm a woman and I think it's freaking ridiculous! If a man talks down to me, I don't need a (grrr trying not to cuss here) hotline to whine about it and seek advice. I talk to him the way I feel he needs to be talked to, or I just ignore it and take the high road. Nuf said!

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
What's the hotline for the victims of womansplaining? Anyone knows?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
a reply to: Dark Ghost

A hotline for women to talk to someone about men "talking down" to them at work.

Just curious - - are you saying its not a problem?

Am I the only woman posting so far?

Am I allowed to feel oppressed if I have ever been talked down to by a male coworker?

Can I feel oppressed if i was talked down to by a female coworker?

That seems to be the root of the problem.... a person is feeling triggered because someone talked down to them.

What does it matter the sex of the person that is offending the other? It isn't like the men used their male parts to do the offending... right?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

I agree entirely....all the female bosses I ever worked for were absolute biatches! The men yeah they could be crude could be coarse could be a bit sexist...but it was all in fun was never meant spitefully or maliciously. The ones that were that way inclined we women could soon deal with.

I despise this victimhood mentality immensely....this latest rubbish just goes a long way to showing the weaker sex as being exactly that! Yay go Fems/Libs

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Screw it, let'em figure it out for themselves. Then I'm sure we'll be accused of.....well, I don't know, but I'm sure they'll come up with something.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
To all the men out there, yes, this is a real issue for women. It's not to say that all men do it but there is a substantial portion that will get a little male ego boost from it. Happened all the time when I was just starting out my career.

The hotline is a stupid way of dealing with it though. Unless you plan to sue, it's pretty much useless to report anything to HR - it just makes the situation worse.

So men, just know that when you go on your little ego trip the woman you are talking to isn't going to be impressed by your "knowledge", they will just think you are a little .......

BTW, men, never ,ever, ever talk to a woman with your legs extended, back slouched and your hands behind your head.
It's so disrespectful

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost

DISTRESSED victims of “mansplaining” in the workplace can now report it to a dedicated union hotline.

Swedish women who believe they have fallen to victim to instances of sexist male colleagues explaining things to them in a sarcastic way are being offered advice and support.

Unionen, which represents 600,000 private sector workers, has set the advice line up in a bid to stamp out the scourge of what has been dubbed “mansplaining”.

The hotline will be manned by feminist politicians, comedians and scientists. They will advise angry women what action to take next, The Local reports.

But Swedish men were not amused, taking to the union’s Facebook page to complain about what they called a “sexist” and polarising campaign.

Link

Surely this is taking things a little too far? Where does this lead and what good can come of this?

I'd say it leads to a new job position of a social worker on the other end of a work hotline for any questions asked. No questions are to be allowed in an open work space....sarcasm is no longer allowed.

Pretty soon ATS will start issuing post band for sarcasm because....feeewings.

What ever happened to the old saying about sticks and stones anyways? Work places are competitive and always will be...if they weren't then nobody would ever move up.

Can't wait to read the story about the single mom who's passed some other woman without kids got a job because she was able to work longer hours and harder for it and it isn't fair. Oh...wait....was that mansplaining and sarcastic?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Oh...wait....was that mansplaining and sarcastic?

Ha!
One of the more sexist posts against women in this thread(IMO) came from a liberal. It is on this page.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
What do you do if like me its your job to answer questions? Should training at work be now be gender segregated so that no woman is offended and upset by a male instructing her? Should men and women only be trained by same sex trainers to avoid the hurt and suffering? When a female tells her son/brother/BF/husband why what he just did was wrong is that Womansplaning?
edit on 16-11-2016 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I agree-tolerance. But men talk louder etc.

Hehehehe.....hahahaha......hahahahAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAHAAAAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!

*wipes a tear*

I know PLENTY of women who can make you eat those words. In fact, one of my old co-workers is the loudest person I've ever known, and talks over everyone. One time my wife and I saw her at the grocery store, so we stood around and chatted. After 10 minutes, this random lady walks up to us and exclaims to my co-worker "Oh, it's you! I can hear you all the way across the store!"

Now, even though that's what she said, you could tell by her tone and body language that she was nicely trying to tell her to shut up. lol I'm not joking, either, when this woman talks you can literally hear her across the store. She stops by where I work from time to time to talk, and after she leaves, all my co-workers point out that she's nice, but too loud.

Man, oh man, I'm getting tired of men getting called out for stuff both sexes do. Women are just as loud as men.
and no, I don't think women got loud because of men, I think it's always just been that way.......but like many things, women don't like to admit it. Even drives my wife nuts.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Should training at work be now be gender segregated so that no woman is offended and upset by a male instructing her? Should men and women only be trained by same sex trainers to avoid the hurt and suffering?

How much you wanna bet it comes down to that?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Should training at work be now be gender segregated so that no woman is offended and upset by a male instructing her? Should men and women only be trained by same sex trainers to avoid the hurt and suffering?

How much you wanna bet it comes down to that?

I wouldn't bet against it.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I guess it all depends on how "delicate" minded you are....Anyone splainin' to me gets splained right back!
I seriously hate this feminism crap......This pushing to make everyone ONE singular sexual identity is ridiculous !
Let men be men and women be women....Yes, yes,...of course ANYONE talking down to anyone else is unacceptable.
But I guess if I wanted to be a lesbian, then yes, I would of course want men to act like women!!!!
And No, before you accuse me, I DON"T think ALL feminists are lesbians... I think ALL feminists need to get their head out of their own butt and learn how to relate to how men think,because essentially.....isn't THAT what their accusing men of doing too ???

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Let me tell you what mansplaining is...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join