It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feminism now targeting: Mansplaining

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: redmage

originally posted by: Annee
Curious, did men require laws to protect them from being fired if they refused the "casting couch"?

Did?

Try DO.

Corey Feldman has been very open about how the guilt and shame of being victim to casting-couch/molestation is what drove Corey Haim to suicide, and there are many others who are still too ashamed to come forward. Sound familiar?

I happen to be a fan of Corey Feldman (somebody has to be).

But, he's a little cuckoo.

I'm not saying stuff like that doesn't happen. Just not sure everything Corey says is 100%.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Oh thought the OP said originally "manspreading", which is another important issue.

Mansplaining is manspreading perhaps, spreading and spreading....far and wide.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I'm not saying stuff like that doesn't happen. Just not sure everything Corey says is 100%.

Wow!

So the right course of action is to distrust victims of sexual abuse/assault who are brave enough to come forward. Thanks for that gem of knowledge.
edit on 11/16/16 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I try to stick to Progressive - - which can actually fit any ideology of forward movement - - changes for the better - - adapting to those changes.

I typically say i'm a radical. When people ask what i'm radical about I tell them: progress. Which is in stark contrast to conservatism. I suppose that makes me liberal as well, or a "libtard". *shrug* So I usually say 'radical' 'progressive' or 'definitely not Right"

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

I try to stick to Progressive - - which can actually fit any ideology of forward movement - - changes for the better - - adapting to those changes.

I typically say i'm a radical. When people ask what i'm radical about I tell them: progress. Which is in stark contrast to conservatism. I suppose that makes me liberal as well, or a "libtard". *shrug* So I usually say 'radical' 'progressive' or 'definitely not Right"

LOL

That's funny.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: redmage

Wow!

So the right course of action is to distrust victims of sexual abuse/assault who are brave enough to come forward. Thanks for that gem of knowledge.

Oh the Drama.

I didn't say that at all.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   

That's exactly what you did, and actions speak louder than words.

Feldman was brave enough to come forward trying to expose what he, Haim, and many others have gone through after his best friend couldn't handle it anymore and took his own life.

You instantly dismiss and distrust his claims with ad hominem attacks. Calling him "cuckoo", and that you're "just not sure everything Corey says is 100%.".

Maybe if yours wasn't so prevalent of an attitude towards the notion of male casting-couch/molestation victims, Mr. Haim might still be alive, and could have gotten the help and support he needed.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: redmage

Moving on . . .

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   

More dismissal.

I shouldn't be surprised. Men are used to such dismissals when it's brought up that many issues that women try to monopolize are not gender specific.

You don't really care about casting-couch victim laws. It's clear that you're only conveniently concerned with the notion when women are the victims, and that you're willing to dismiss the greater (non-gender-specific) problem at hand.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

This has to be a joke. Has to be. My goodness...how do you prove sarcasm ffs?? Some people sound condescending without even meaning to. As a woman, I am rolling my eyes at such nitpicking foolishness...this is way beyond the limits of what can be considered a legitimate concern. Smfh...

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

If you have the time and inclination to gain an insight into the type of mindset we are dealing with that makes stories such as the one linked in the OP a reality, just have a read through some of the replies in this thread so far.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

If his continues, feminists will soon be complaining about not having a dick.

They'll have to take that one up with God.

soulwaxer

link   
db
edit on 16-11-2016 by soulwaxer because: (no reason given)

link   
db
edit on 16-11-2016 by soulwaxer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Gynocentrism runs deep. Fun fact men couldn't universally vote until after the suffrage movement. Here's another fun fact, the first thing women voted in after getting to vote, lifetime alimony. There are biological differences. That's a fact. Patriarchy is BS. If men were half as vile as radical feminists, women would be sold like pets, guess they're lucky we're actually human and care for them . They certainly couldn't stop us if that's what we collectively decided to do. Though, that's a strength of men we don't think collectively as women do or hysterically in other words. Funny how we still work in groups far more productively though. Guess having to win wars and conquer new lands or die, will work it's way into your DNA.

Truth is feminazis focus on how males occupy all the top positions and, without affirmative action that's almost certainly true. The biological reality behind that is for every female genius, there are five male geniuses. The odds are quite simply against them. Men are also 83% of workplace fatalities and occupy all the dirtiest and most dangerous jobs. Feminazis never complain about that, funny. How about all the feminazis form an army and liberate all the women who are truly oppressed in the middle east and parts of Africa? I won't hold my breath. I'm absolutely for equal rights but, you can't look at history through a modern lens. Women were only capable of entering the workplace after men invented devices which cut household work time significantly and, had heated/air conditioned workplaces.

Mansplaing/manspreading are just some of the latest grievances for these perpetual victims to try to carve a niche out of. These are the same idiots that blame Muslim gang rape on "Nordic drinking culture". In a world of nearly 8 billion people, gynocentrism needs to go bye-bye. Feminism is female fascism period. The ideology of equal rights is called egalitarianism which, I'm all for. Plenty of women are smarter and more capable than myself and, should be given every opportunity to shine but, not if some AA policy gives them the position a smarter and more capable male could hold.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

What's hard to understand; it will be manned by a female political scientist who moonlights as a comedian!

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Yeah, feelings, nothing more than...feeeeelings.

Don't like the snark? Don't ask stupid questions.

Just kidding ladies and gents!

The thing about all this crap is who determines what is "mansplaining"?

There can be no civil discourse with all this BS floating around between the sexes.

It's like the fems want men on the defensive at all times around them.

Check out Stefan's take on it.

7 mins. Language alert! maybe.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I am a man.

I have been talked down to by other men (my bosses) in the workplace when/if I screwed up at something at work. I am a victim of "mansplaining".

So where is my hotline number? Unbelievable. Is there anything that people don't get butthurt about nowadays?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior
I am a man.

I have been talked down to by other men (my bosses) in the workplace when/if I screwed up at something at work. I am a victim of "mansplaining".

So where is my hotline number? Unbelievable. Is there anything that people don't get butthurt about nowadays?

I think you hit on it guys and girls are different guys see this as whining and crying. No guy after having your boss talk down to you would complain. Same thing happens to a woman though they think its because there female and that's because they have emotional responses guys just don't have. Women think guys are a lot deeper then we are as a general rule. Like when were asked what we are thinking about and there shocked when we say something like getting something to eat. Women are far more complex in that department they may be hungry but at the same time thinking several things like so and sos birthday is next week and little jimmy has his algebra test tomorrow. And oh I forgot to get those letters out from work need to do that in the morning. And why is he just sitting there when he said hes hungry. Hope he doesn't expect me to get up to Make something. Well I'm hungry to well ill go make something but if I don't make something for him now ill fell bad. Through in at least a half dozen other thoughts all the while the guys trying to ignore the fact hes hungry by changing the channel on the remote because he doesn't want to get up.

I think women would be truly shocked if they could read minds guys as a general rule deal with what ever is in front of them. And as a general rule see everything as a problem to fix. Provided we aren't being lazy and clicking the remote.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   
What seems naive to me is that belief that in a work place environment it'd only men that talk down to women..

The reality of it is it's typically a person if power that talks down to someone else.

I also feel it's ridiculous to have a hotline for this but if it makes someone feel better then okay great it just seems to me that having it for females only doesn't address the issue but makes feminist happy.
edit on 16-11-2016 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join