It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feminism now targeting: Mansplaining

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
oh FFS.

Go die.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
This whole hotline idea is providing proof that women cannot handle the world as well men.

Men talk this way to other men, sarcastic, s*** talking is a normal part of work. Men naturally form into and understand hierarchies, talking in this way is part of this process.

Men have dealt with this since forever.

edit on 17-11-2016 by jellyrev because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I get snarky mansplanations all the time. And I'm a man (well, close to it anyway.)

What's the number to this hotline again?

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost

Swedish women who believe they have fallen to victim to instances of sexist male colleagues explaining things to them in a sarcastic way are being offered advice and support.

Unionen, which represents 600,000 private sector workers, has set the advice line up in a bid to stamp out the scourge of what has been dubbed “mansplaining”.

Surely this is taking things a little too far? Where does this lead and what good can come of this?

More feminist stupidity.

I find this example from Urban Dictionary really highlights it well:

Feminists: Women only make 77% of what men make for exactly the same work! Oh the patriarchy.

Factual Person: No, they don't. That statistic is just for overall median pay of full time workers, and does not account for overtime hours worked, location, experience, degree earned, or even the field someone is working in. Women make less on average because men and women make different career choices, because believe it or not, men and women are different.

Feminist: Stop mansplaining to me! Facts and logic are just oppressive constructs to keep women down!

In essence: Mansplaining is just another word for when women Can't Handle The Truth, leaving them so outraged that they are momentarily thrown off their usual mind games, and have to resort to pulling out the victim card like some petulant child.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Where does this lead...

As many times more meetings-to-get-#-done as women use more words per day than men.

It's mathematical.

edit on 17-11-2016 by Dan00 because:

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Dan00

Trump Talks Like A Woman

Academic research has picked up something that thousands of hours of campaign punditry has missed completely: Donald Trump talks like a woman. He might be preoccupied with grading women’s looks, penis size and “locker room talk,” but the way he speaks and the actual words he uses make for a distinctly feminine style. In fact, his speaking style is more feminine by far than any other candidate in the 2016 cycle, more feminine than any other presidential candidate since 2004.

But Donald Trump is a stunning outlier. His linguistic style is startlingly feminine, so much so that the chasm between Trump and the next most feminine speaker, Ben Carson, is about as great as the difference between Carson and the least feminine candidate, Jim Webb. And Trump earns his ranking not just because he talks a lot about himself or avoids big words (both of which are true); according to Jones, he also shows feminine patterns on the more subtle measures, such as his use of prepositions and articles. The key then is not what Trump talks about—making Mexico pay for the wall or bombing the hell out of ISIL—but rather how he says it. www.politico.com...

I couldn't resist.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Trump Talks Like A Woman

Yah, he had better; the business world is run by women. Even if he does repeat himself several times to make a point.

P.S. This same complaint is developing in America as "Man-Talking", as in, "He is suppressing my point with his man-talking".
edit on 17-11-2016 by Dan00 because:

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
You know how to get rid of third wave feminism

show them compassion , because true compassion will break any barrier
it's compassion that these people are missing in their lives, they see a cruel and harsh world with no one reaching out to them to listen or understand.

if others were to show compassion to them it would definitely heal

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
You know how to get rid of third wave feminism

show them compassion , because true compassion will break any barrier

While that is a very logical course of action, logic doesn't work when dealing with those who dismiss, ignore, and demonize it.

They see compassion as "having access to safe spaces" where they can have their false narratives reinforced in the echo-chamber (where facts and reality are ignored and dismissed).

originally posted by: sapien82
it's compassion that these people are missing in their lives

This plausibly could be why they fail to understand what true compassion is. Instead of being brought up as strong independent women, they've simply been told how much of a victim they are to "the patriarchy", and anything less than reinforcing such a belief is a "lack of compassion" in their eyes; so, unless you're willing to reinforce their belief in perpetual-victimhood status... your actions will simply be interpreted as being compassionless.

That's my biggest problem with 3rd wave feminism. It doesn't actually empower our young women. It simply teaches and reinforces a perpetual-victim mentality. When you're taught that "society is out to get you" valid criticisms are simply filtered through that lens and easily dismissed; therefore, logic and reason fly out the door. It's not healthy.
edit on 11/18/16 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: redmage

I think they have to realise that there really is no such thing as a safe space , I understand its to facilitate the need to have somewhere safe to discuss their issues but being in an echo chamber truly defeats the point in discussing the issues that they feel triggered / offended by.
Confronting your fears / problems is the only true way to deal with your issues , not sitting reflecting each others desire to eradicate everything that irks you !

the very nature of reality itself is not safe , so to say we can create safe spaces is a total falsehood
humans need to be able to react to changes and adapt its what life is all about.

Danger and things that offend us is really how we learn to adapt and change, its apart of being human , being able to face danger and adversity and triumph over it , not sit and reflect on how angry and upset it makes you and that no one see's the world your way!

I just wish there was some way we could stop this , but it's not entirely our responsibility , the onus lies directly with those who are sitting in the echo chambers destroying what is left of society.
They need self reflection , and to overcome their ego driven self destruction.
It's far too much negativity , they are selfish , they are sitting here in the western world demanding action on things which seem incredibly trivial when compared to things like war , poverty , famine , disease things which truly do have a huge impact on our species.
How can 3rd wave feminism and SJW's sit there and complain about safe spaces and all this other stuff when we are still blowing up women and children in the developing world, when there are millions without access to clean water and food even shelter. When children are still dying from preventable disease , easily treated in the west , when they have no schools left because they were bombed back to the stone age , by their countries , its totally inhumane . They are garbage the selfish , entitled disgusting humans

It's actually disgusting , the ego has swollen to the tipping point
Do you see any SJW , feminist movements in the developing world , NO , why because there are far more pressing issues facing them , they are too busy surviving.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: redmage

My biggest problem with feminism is that in the west they are so self entitled , yet where is the feminist movement from the west , from the educated women to free the oppressed women of the developing world?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I dont know if anyone follows these things but my friend Loki , a scottish MC , ex addict and survivor of domestic violence
wrote an article on domestic violence in males , he works with young males in prison who have committed violent acts on women etc!
As a rapper he wanted to address this issue , and of course it then blew up in the media , from a feminist group called 1000 flowers.

Anyways , you can read all about it , this describes the whole echo chamber situation
1000 flowers refuse to accept any of his work , they shot him down for it , and to me they done it because they were jealous that with 1 video he brought more awareness to the subject in Scotland than they have ever!

anyways it was a total meltdown and has been the talking point in social media in scotland for a while
the director of the video mackenzie another scottish MC , had taken flack as the feminist group tried to link him to MRA groups, the whole thing became incredibly negative and created so much division

at many points both loki and mackenzie offered to have a public debate , another artists mark mcghee from the girobabies offered to host the event, I even contacted a woman from the world health organisation who had recently done a report on domestic violence in women . We had invited them to give statistics and a scientific view of the subject.

Anyways alot of the women refused to sit in the same room as both loki and mackenzie as they were offensive and "dangerous"

you can view the links below

first the video itself
loki - gaslight - video

article

a thousand flowers response
1000 flowers loki

1000 flowers

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82
No. They need to be ignored and talked to like children.
Putting them as equals and apologizing, disavowing etc is very dangerous. They will dance around saying it wasnt a real apology and make a person go through incredible lengths to appease them but one never can.
Their weakness is when you brush them off, laugh at, troll, and ridicule them. Then watch their childish temper tantrum.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

that doesnt solve anything , thats just being a hypocrit because your talking down to them , when you should be compassionate and reach out to them repeatedly. You cant shut them down as its just a self defeating circle.
I may have explained myself poorly in my last post , their plight isnt any less important than everyone elses. I just think that its pretty cheeky of them to complain about their rights , when they have access to food, shelter, water , healthcare.
It's far too selfish , we are in a position to reach out to help others less fortunate than us but we sit and complain online another luxury , about safe spaces in night clubs, when women are being raped and killed in africa for generations - libera to name one!
Where is the feminist movement from the west and their outcry, were is the solidarity of the females sitting on their keyboards! I understand there are groups in the west who do alot for the developing world but we could do so much more. Imagine if all the educated females in the west stopped working united and said no! as a sisterhood to end world problems and demanded a co operative society a truly eglitarian society.

Is it a pipe dream to want that for women everywhere , is it too much to ask that they be treated with respect for caring for our species and mothering us to where we are today?

I dunno this whole thing is such a sad affair some evil #s somewhere are laughing at us divided over the very thing that unites us, the unison of male and female

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Nothing wrong with mansplaining.

Goes well with manscaping, mancave and manspreading.

Put a little bromance in ya life. Yay for brosexuals!

edit on 11 18 2016 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Pity is a form of compassion, ya?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Put a little bromance in ya life. Yay for brosexuals!

Leave the metrosexual feminization of manhood known as "mascaping" off this list, my friend. If the good Lord deemed it important for me to have hairs in any particular place, I reckon He had good reasons and I should leave it be. My ancestors were hairy bastards as they raped and pillaged northern Europe, so it's good enough for me.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Manspreading is another example of how being a man is slowly but surely turning into a criminial offence. One thing is not hogging more space than necessary on a crowded commute, but it seems like ANY occurrence of manspreading is deemed all kinds of "pressive" and hateful towards women.

I'm all for the freedom of choice - that women can wear pants if they want to.

Just don't demand that we STOP wearing them.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The difference between compassion and pity

this explains it really well

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join