It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feminism now targeting: Mansplaining

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: imjack

originally posted by: DeadMoonJester
a reply to: imjack

This is no gap that I have mentioned and nothing you say has any bearing on what I've been saying. All my points still stand..

I also don't know why you are talking about engineers.. acting as if I am one?

It is time for you to stop acting delusionally now. I have no horse, and if I had one it certainly wouldn't be doing drugs.

I also expect you to apologise immediately for having the temerity to call me an engineer. I don't take kindly to such slander.

My IQ is 152, and I'm an Engineer btw. You would understand the relevance if you read the thread I guess? Good luck(in life and stuff).

originally posted by: darkbake
Yes, this is definitely a thing I was just reading an article about unions having hotlines to report mansplaining. I think it is going too far. Glenn Beck was on CNN the other day, and he was talking about how all the false claims of racism (think micro-aggressions) made us forget about the real racists out there.

If you say something to someone and they get offended.

Why not apologize and ask them to explain why it was offensive.

Sometimes, you really don't know why.

The better question is why don't you educate them on micro-aggression and how by them being offended first, is offensive? Sheeeeesh.

I mean you expect them to care about YOUR feelings, when you hurt their feelings, and they respond!?

What selfish people! How else would I go around telling people to suck my ****! It's like where are my rights man? I'm constantly oppressed!

I prefer to start at the beginning.

The beginning is - - why are you offended.

Hopefully, they're open to further discussion.

Oh neat, and then you could like save that paradigm for other circumstances and view societies through a kaleidoscope of interpretations.

On the other hand, I do like telling people to suck my ****....

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I'm offended by Feminism, does that mean it will go away now?

I try to understand their points of view, but I just cant make myself that stupid.

now my head hurts.

edit on 16-11-2016 by Black_Fox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
End the patriarchy now!!! How about we let women rulle the world for one month, and let them do every kind of work men usually do, just to see what happens! Social experiments, yum!

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Substracto
End the patriarchy now!!! How about we let women rulle the world for one month, and let them do every kind of work men usually do, just to see what happens! Social experiments, yum!

OK.

I have my own Skill Saw and Drill - - plus assorted other tools.

Where do I start?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Anywhere you like, for one month!

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Substracto

Anywhere you like, for one month!

Absolutely!

I grew up with 2 brothers in an all boy neighborhood.

The social expectations of being female (at least my generation) bored me to death.

I should work for a furniture moving company. I enjoy moving furniture. Of course, I do have to use ingenuity and leverage. But, so would most men that aren't big and strong.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I'm old school.

Sometimes I talk down to people at work, when I think the situation warrants it. Just today, I told some guy if they put his brain in a bird It would fly backwards. Among guys that's no big deal. We can all still go have a beer together afterwards and no one is the worse for wear.

But I'm less likely talk like that with women because they have a tendency to cry. I don't like crying. So when I do have to correct them, I try to be more gentle/respectful about it, I wonder if that attempt at being gentle/respectful is interpreted as "mansplaining"?

If it is, then I give up.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

All the women make sure you raise your hand.

These subjects seem to always draw a male crowd.

As a woman I don't think you can fully understand the context of the subject, so maybe I need to explain it a little slower and use simple words so you can grasp what they are saying here..

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I get "talked down to" for things like laundry. Gender roles man.

I never learned how to fold laundry or anything. I just assumed we had a magical machine that did that. I'd pile it up in front of the machine, and it would find its way back into my drawers later that day.

I don't know how to embed videos, but I think this is pertinent. ..

mystery of the basket

edit on 16-11-2016 by Ranger351 because: Embedded???maybe???

edit on 16-11-2016 by Ranger351 because: Embedded???maybe???try 2

edit on 16-11-2016 by Ranger351 because: I give up...

edit on 16-11-2016 by Ranger351 because: Stupid embed....lol

edit on 16-11-2016 by Ranger351 because: I give up...for a second time?

edit on 16-11-2016 by Ranger351 because: Third quit....

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Ranger351

A classic, just like the nail!

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: redmage
a reply to: Ranger351

A classic, just like the nail!

Thats a great one! Thank you! New to me! And thank you for posting aN embedded vidro, I was able to fix mine!!! Lol

edit on 16-11-2016 by Ranger351 because: Credit where due

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: redmage

Roflmao . . . they are strange creatures, but you got to love them.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: jonnywhite

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Yeah, feelings, nothing more than...feeeeelings.

Don't like the snark? Don't ask stupid questions.

Just kidding ladies and gents!

The thing about all this crap is who determines what is "mansplaining"?

There can be no civil discourse with all this BS floating around between the sexes.

It's like the fems want men on the defensive at all times around them.

Check out Stefan's take on it.

7 mins. Language alert! maybe.

Dare I say it? That's mansplaining.

Maybe it worked like that long ago, but it doesn't anymore. We know from brain scans men and woman are not distinguishable. There's so much overlap. If all we saw were brain scans, we'd not see gender.

The reality is any psychological differences we perceive are mostly social in nature. We learned them. Girls were taught to be girls. Boys were taught to be boys. Prejudices abound, as a result, since they're deeply ingrained in us from an early age. We're wandering in a fog, blindly attacking unseen enemies only existing in our psychology..

Make no mistake, in the modern age we've destroyed many of these psychological differences and prejudices. There's no going back because once we taste freedom we won't let go.

Soon lesbians and homosexuals will be having children. Children will have many-parents and even apps and AI-friends who teach them. Many things are going to change. And we'll have to change along with it. Why? Because we want freedom and once we have it we won't let go.

Why do you hate yin and yang?

And what the hell kind of freedom are you dreaming of?

Yeah, sounds like Borging future to me.

Androgyny is not the future and kinda goes against the natural order of things, too.

This social constructionist thinking is what's wrong with society.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

All the women make sure you raise your hand.

These subjects seem to always draw a male crowd.

As a woman I don't think you can fully understand the context of the subject, so maybe I need to explain it a little slower and use simple words so you can grasp what they are saying here..

Right

I grew up between 2 brothers in an all boy neighborhood. Didn't have a girl friend until I was 13.

I actually have a problem with women getting mad at me because I get along with men so well.

Rule #1: Never complain (about anything - - ever)

Rule#2: NO, he's not interested in women talk or going shopping.

Rule #3: Don't play mind games. If you want something, be direct. But, don't expect he's gonna actually care.

Rule #4: Get along with his friends (to a point)

Rule #5: If he's a sports guy - - learn the game.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
Yes, this is definitely a thing I was just reading an article about unions having hotlines to report mansplaining. I think it is going too far. Glenn Beck was on CNN the other day, and he was talking about how all the false claims of racism (think micro-aggressions) made us forget about the real racists out there.

If you say something to someone and they get offended.

Why not apologize and ask them to explain why it was offensive.

Sometimes, you really don't know why.

I think that is a good strategy, I also have been reading warnings of real racists being led into the White House through the alt-right movement. But I don't think people realize the danger real racists pose because they are so focused on micro-aggressions.
edit on 16pmWed, 16 Nov 2016 21:48:36 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Annee, you must have been born in August.

Also look up freedom of speech, I will talk down to you because I feel like it
edit on 16-11-2016 by suvorov because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: suvorov
Annee, you must have been born in August.

I'm a Scorpio. Other then that have no idea what August means.

Also look up freedom of speech, I will talk down to you because I feel like it

Undoubtedly, the most childish remark I've ever read on ATS

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I've known several women who speak condescendingly and use sarcasm. I never gendered their behaviors, and pretended it was inherent in all women to some degree. A failure to communicate with respect is not something that is unique to men. Everyone has potential to act #ty.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   
This is a problem because women seem to think men can read minds! Here is a tip women, we can't and neither can you! Lol...

I have explained things to men that they already knew! Why? Because I don't happen to know everything they know and don't know! Same goes for women!

To have a hotline for this is just pathetic!

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

I try to stick to Progressive - - which can actually fit any ideology of forward movement - - changes for the better - - adapting to those changes.

I typically say i'm a radical. When people ask what i'm radical about I tell them: progress. Which is in stark contrast to conservatism. I suppose that makes me liberal as well, or a "libtard". *shrug* So I usually say 'radical' 'progressive' or 'definitely not Right"

With respect, human traditions have evolved through culture over millenia. The "progressives" of today seem to want to destroy those traditions and cultures.

I'm not sure how that can be classed as progressive...

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join