It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Wants to Dissolve Electoral College.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Their agenda is to report the news and educate their viewers on the topics being discussed. They did that. No more no less.

So , CNN is now in the Reeducation Business ? How about JUST the NEWS , and LESS Opinions CNN ? Or is that to Much to ask a Subversive News Network such as they Obviously are ?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

I already showed Fox News did the exact same thing. So it's fair to say you meant to include Fox in your post?

edit on 16-11-2016 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   

It isn't just CNN, whose owner is none other than Ted Turner... It is the whole far left wing that wants to do this.

Barbara Boxer has put forward a legislation that seeks to get rid of the electoral college...

C alifornia Sen. Barbara Boxer files long shot bill to scrap the Electoral College system

Getting rid of the electoral college makes it easier for the elites to rig the system to get only the President/vice-President they want.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
For those that want to claim it is only Boxer who wants this...

Eric Holder: "Abolish The Electoral College"

Listen to the left wing audience clapping to Holder when he calls for the abolition of the electoral college.
edit on 16-11-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: correct link.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   
And from none other than the "ThinkProgress" website...

Get ready for a major push to kill the Electoral College

The left, and the mainstream media is working overtime to overturn the election result.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

I already showed Fox News did the exact same thing. So it's fair to say you meant to include Fox in your post?

Sure , why not ? They All should just stick to Reporting the News , and Not Making it Up themselves .

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
When I was 11 years old in 2000 I wanted the electoral college abolished

And I have clamored for it ever since

This is just another straw of hay on the bale

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   
In 2013, Majority Leader Harry Reid changed a time honored "filibuster" Senate rule, to assist Democrats, who held a slight Senate Majority. It was termed as a "Nuclear Option".

In 2015, the Republicans held a Senate Majority. Mitch McConnell used Harry Reid's "Nuclear Option" rule change against Harry Reid and the Democratic Minority.

Story: theconversation.com...

Moral of the story? The Democrats push to Dissolve the Electoral College, could come back to bite them in 2020 if Donald Trump gets a majority of the Popular Vote, but the Democrat nominee, Chelsea Clinton (she's being groomed), gets the majority of the Electoral College votes.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Listen to the left wing audience clapping to Holder when he calls for the abolition of the electoral college.

So is your argument now that the Left wants to abolish it?

There have been plenty of left leaning, or very left, ATS members that have said they are not in favor of the abolishment of the Electoral College.

I myself am so far left I make Nixon look like Marx, but i'm not calling for its abolishment. I'm neutral. I see both sides of the argument fairly equally at this point.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I see a lot of people still dont understand why it was set up in the first place...or they understand and do not like the idea that they cannot run rough shod over every corner of the country.

Actual true democracy, would be such a train wreck in this day and age of so many people dependent on the federal govt for... well everything.

Tweak it maybe... sure... have the popular vote mean everything... god no.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   

They All should just stick to Reporting the News

It's not like this is a new model news networks are following. This structure has been going on since I first started watching the news.

and Not Making it Up themselves .

I'm confused as to what they are making up. In both the CNN, and Fox News instances, they took a popular topic and invited guest speakers to share their thoughts on it.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   

I'm not from the US so could someone please explain what good it does and what purpose was it intended to serve?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

Here is a link describing its purpose: link

3 arguments against it: link

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Thanks for the link.

Cant see that it severs the American People well at all. however, it appears that would suit the political parties very well.

Also explains in part, the truth that the two major factions are merely the two wings of the same bird of prey. I think that's where most of the world has gone wrong.

Italy have have gone overboard a bit but at least they have the right idea.

thanks

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Ok. Here's the way it goes:Try to follow through.
1) Each states is divided into districts (or parishes)
2) Each district/parish gets a certain number of electoral votes
3) Each state appoints Electoral College members that represent each district/parish
4) The Presidential Election is held
5) The electoral votes are counted as the popular vote (in EACH State) comes in
6) The popular vote BY District of each State is used to tally the total Electoral Vote per candidate.

The Electoral College DOES NOT GET A CHOICE. (Well , at least until they make their FORMAL declaration)
Get it.
Got it
Good
And , looks as if congratulations are in order . You just won

Why do people defend that the electors 'follow the vote of the state.'? The problem is they have gone against this over 80 times, however more importantly still can. Why does the legislation not get updated if that isn't the 'trend'? Saying it isn't possible is extremely wrong.

Talking to people like children over and over as if they're ignorant and explaining the electorate college doesn't remove one obvious piece of logic: Why do you need representatives? Literally everything could be exactly the same, just without Representatives, and the District votes could work exactly the same way, without a person that has some form of false responsibility and specific permission to override it. The electorates could be distributed the same, nothing would have to change. Electors should be against the law in all states. That's just the truth.
edit on 16-11-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   

I'm thinking if they were to take a poll of network's who should be taken off the air for their biased opinions,I'm sure CNN would be the 1st to come to mind,yes they are in damage control mode,no one believes them,possibly a few fools,why they play old reruns

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

if they were to take a poll

Who is they?

I'm sure CNN would be the 1st to come to mind

I'm sure that's true contingent upon who they is.

for their biased opinions

Is this not true for other large news networks. Fox News has loooong been known for its bias towards the conservative right. There is a reason people for quite some time now often refer to them as Faux News.

They would be the first to be called out for their bias depending on who you poll

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

They All should just stick to Reporting the News

It's not like this is a new model news networks are following. This structure has been going on since I first started watching the news.

and Not Making it Up themselves .

I'm confused as to what they are making up. In both the CNN, and Fox News instances, they took a popular topic and invited guest speakers to share their thoughts on it.

But why did they do that? Is it because they believe that will help them next time to see their candidate win when they aren't supposed to even want a specific candidate since they are a news agency, when using their extreme bias and even working being closed doors with the DNC to sabotage Trump in the debates or was it to help Hillary stick the knife in Sander's back more thoroughly? OH, Both? Do you think people can't see through your little presentation of what CNN did? Or do you truly believe CNN was just innocently providing a forum so they could all get together and have a nice chat about the idea of abolishing the EC because it's an interesting little topic right now?

You aren't confused about what they are "making up" at all and know exactly what they are engaging in. Even though Fox news has very conservative speakers with their own shows, I have studied the way they narrate things, and the way I see it, the person at the top of that company has been holding the puppet strings on certain narratives which indicate to me that they don't mind appearing to the far right, but at the same time trying to sabotage right leaning outcomes in politics. That sounds like a contradiction, but it is how effective propaganda really works.
edit on 16-11-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

I'm thinking if they were to take a poll of network's who should be taken off the air for their biased opinions,I'm sure CNN would be the 1st to come to mind,yes they are in damage control mode,no one believes them,possibly a few fools,why they play old reruns

Really? Because Fox News comes to my mind first, because Fox News is the network that, in 2009, won the right to misinform the people!

Fox News Wins Lawsuit To Misinform Public – Seriously

a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Donald Trump has been loudly condemning the Electoral College for the past 4 years! He said that because of the electoral college, the election was "rigged."

Donald Trump in 2012: 'The Electoral College Is a Disaster for a Democracy'

Now, I'm not for, nor have I ever been for ending the Electoral College, but to categorize this CNN discussion as deliberate "sabotage" on behalf of Democrats is unrealistic, especially so since Fox News did the same thing.
edit on 16-11-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Take the tinfoil hat off and layoff the caffeine. The Electoral College will stay in place and in my opinion worked as intended this election.

Keep up the catchy OPs, it will get you many stars and flags.
edit on 16-11-2016 by jrod because: Typo

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join