It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The DEMOCRATIC Party is Extincting Itself Due To Self-Inflicted Dumbness.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: Greggers

Hell, the Gateway Pundit figured it out months ago... yet all these professional analysts from the liberal media with their political science degrees and 6 figure salaries didn't have a clue about the reality of the situation.

Maybe if they didn't promote nothing but liberal hacks and paid attention to what was really going on, they wouldn't have been completely wrong.

Social Media Patterns Show Trump Is Looking at a Landslide Victory

Before saying the Gateway pundit figured it out, please post their polling methodology.

And remember, getting the correct result doesn't mean they had it figured out. Perhaps they did have it figured out, but we'd have to look closer.

Also, professional polling organizations do not employ "liberal hacks."

link   
a reply to: Konduit

So now we must consider that Donald Trump REALLY DID win all 3 debates, just like Social Media polls indicated. There's a lot of "brainy" ATS members who pooh-poo'd those results. They'd fit right in with a MSM panel of "experts", wouldn't they.

link   
a reply to: carewemust

I don't think you could get all of them in one post. Now they decided to double down and elect a muslim congressman to head the DNC as the world in general is dealing is muslim extremest terrorism. I feel muslim immigration was a major issue in getting Trump elected after seeing all the FB conversations. After all, the left claims the right is racist Islamaphobes, so what is this going to do to the average citizen that is paranoid about terrorism. All the standard political operations went out the window this election.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Konduit

So now we must consider that Donald Trump REALLY DID win all 3 debates, just like Social Media polls indicated. There's a lot of "brainy" ATS members who pooh-poo'd those results. They'd fit right in with a MSM panel of "experts", wouldn't they.

Social media polls were indicative only of the enthusiasm among Trump supporters, which is a huge part of what ended up giving Trump the Whitehouse.

Social media polls are not scientific. And keep in mind, for an opinion poll that merely attempts to measure who won a debate, there's no complication of figuring out who's going to show up and vote.

There is no reason to doubt those polls.

Trump lost the debates.

He won the WH. You should perhaps be satisfied with that instead of attempting to re-write history.
edit on 16-11-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

It's right there in the article, if you read it. In hindsight it's obvious that their contributors had a better understanding of the outcome than many of the liberal media networks.

I also didn't say that professional polling organizations employ liberal hacks... I said the major liberal networks like CNN and NYT employ liberal hacks, and I'm sure they have the same standards when choosing a polling organization to suit their narrative.

edit on 16-11-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

You've had a republican president for 20 years out of the last 35.

Heard a whole bunch of complaints during their terms, even from republicans. Life is good if you lower the bar enough, I guess.

It could be worse , 12 or 16 Years of the Same Party in the White House would border on a Dictatorship , wouldn't you think ?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

It's right there in the article, if you read it. In hindsight it's obvious that their contributors had a better understanding of the outcome than many of the liberal media networks.

I also didn't say that professional polling organizations employ liberal hacks... I said the major liberal networks like CNN and NYT employ liberal media hacks, and I'm sure they have the same standards when choosing a polling organization to suit their narrative.

Like I said, social media polls are indicative ONLY of enthusiasm among Trump supporters. This can translate into higher voter turnout among his base (and in this case it did), and one could argue that scientific polls could have considered this (although I don't think there's enough data to support that conclusion from a historical perspective, at least not yet), but those things in and of themselves do not mean the Gateway Pundit had it figured out.

They got the right result. They didn't exactly employ a statistically valid technique. I didn't see anything in that article about sample size, margin of error, or confidence level.

The polling organizations are not employing biased methodology. The truth is, the problem was in predicting voter turnout because it did not follow historical precedent. It was a problem across the board in almost all of the polls, regardless of organization.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   

The question was, was life really good under republican presidents?

Both parties have led the US to where it is now so, I don't think the answer is yes, which makes me wonder what all the gloating is about.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Both parties have led the US to where it is now so, I don't think the answer is yes, which makes me wonder what all the gloating is about.

I am not Gloating , just Happy our Country isn't going to be Run by Liberals in the White House for 12 to 16 Years .

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Sometimes I wonder if people forget George W. Bush.

edit on 16-11-2016 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   

There's an old saying in this country.. "All politics is local". I think that means that people vote according to their personal and/or family situation. Maybe the wealthy vote for whomever matches their "humanity" type of goals, but I THINK that most people vote for the candidate that they feel will help them the most.

For instance, OBAMACARE reduced my income by 60% since 2011. ObamaCare was invented by a Democrat.

The Democrat running for President in 2016 said she would "strengthen" Obamacare. WRONG ANSWER.

The Republican running for President promised to return the Health Insurance industry to Free Market operations. RIGHT ANSWER.

Congratulations Mr. Trump! Now, please start converting ObamaCare to Free-Market TrumpCare ASAP after 1/20/2017.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   

And I'm just pointing out that if your happiness is based on the actions of the last three republican presidents, I just don't see what you are so happy about.

edit on 16-11-2016 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Banking on election promises?

It's your right.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: reldra

The Republican party has a president elect that is going to break every campaign promise with his cabinet choices. He was looking into security clearance for his children. He wants to give his son-in-law a cabinet position. Republicans barely supported him and you say the Democratic party is 'extincting itself'.

Lol. Good one.

That statement was such a clear case of deflection it is not even a joke. It amounts to "ignore all that, look over here....". That was one of the cornerstones of the Democratic Party's failed (and quite obvious) tactics.

Thanks for added ANOTHER failed approach to the list for us all.

Both sides are guilty there.
how many times was it brought up that Trump did this or say that, and when it was questioned, on threads discussing a specific topic, the rebuttal was "But Clinton...".

both sides hate discussing the flaws in their football team, because religion is hard to defend, but ultimately both are deeply flawed and hyper partisan.

You're right. a lot of what the dems did, the labelling, the dismissing, the information bubble they created, the pettiness, etc is what got tons of voters to simply not even bother going to vote..a intolerable group the dems have become. That doesn't mean the reps are suddenly sugar..they've always been intolerable..so people simply just stayed home. Dems now are working for 2020 already to lose by doubling down, and no doubt they will push that hard unless their core party ejects their identity politics and goes back to a more fundamental discussion on economic ideals.

but I don't think it will be done in time for 2020...maybe..but I am skeptical.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Good as both parties need to extinct themselves. Happened within the GOP now it needs to come full circle with the DNC. Here's to Independents having a chance next round:

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Um...

Obamacare is pretty much Romneycare. Obamacare is a Republican idea that Obama got his name stamped on. This is why the GOP/Republicans hate it so much.

Probably why Trump isn't going to totally scrap it, but replace it with the "official" GOP-endorsed version of Obamacare that say on Mitch McConnel's desk for weeks prior to the vote of Obamacare, untouched.

( ^^That's my educated opinion and guess)

This way, Trump "fixes" health care, and the Republicans can erase "Obama" from the name and plant their own flag on it.

Just watch...

I should make a joke out of it, it seems when I make jokes about things they come true. I think I just may have a super power. Dang, now all I can think about is Aunt May saying "with great power comes..." Way to be a buzzkill.
edit on 16-11-2016 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   

And I'm just pointing out that if your happiness is based on the actions of the last three republican presidents, I just don't see what you are so happy about.

I do not base my Happiness According to any Political Party . After Reagan , the Rest of those Presidents were All Surely Lacking in Good Judgement .

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   
The past always sounds better, and the people wishing for the 50's again now were likely teenagers back then, not adults with children of their own or elderly parents and looming retirements.

And, it's scientifically proven that our brains remember positive memories more than negative ones (outside of obvious things like serious abuse/trauma).

In my case I remember Bush Junior...Even some conservatives thought he was turning America into a police state and going to far with all these color-coded terror alerts and creating the TSA...Alex Jones was constantly screaming about how Bush was evil and destroying America. My first Alex Jones experience was his 9/11 movie. And now Alex Jones is all about this strong-arm, tough government stuff. Weird times man, weird times.

And no, Obama didn't get rid of that stuff...however I doubt the Republicans would have let him.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   

The DEMOCRATIC Party is Extincting Itself Due To Self-Inflicted Dumbness.

Sorry mate, its all a case of Ceasrer burns Rome while while people fiddle their thumbs.

Never in Human history has the world been close to a man made extinction level events both nuclear and environmental, humanity is being placed in chains and American society is fracturing into two.

Meanwhile all the voters only care about whose having it off who.

You American people must blame yourself and no one else for whatever happens in America during this blokes term of potus.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Extincting??

He has the best words
It comes with the party.
edit on 16-11-2016 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join