It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Female Viciously Beaten by Man over Trump Argument at Brooklyn Restaurant

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
muzzleflash:

I strongly believe that we have a right to say stupid things in public without the fear of intimidation or violent reprisals to "punish us" for saying the wrong things.

This caught my eye. The statement is without situational context, but once situational context is applied it begs the question, is what I say okay and without a responsibility to consequence?

From what I have read, a crime of assault as been committed, and the person who committed the assault should be prosecuted for assault, but I would assume that his only defence would be that it was due to provocation. This man did not hit this woman for no reason at all. At some point in the debate he lost his self-control. His umbrage took the better of him and he lashed out in anger, and that carries a consequence he has to pay for.

As I stated earlier, the question on being able to say anything without consequence is a very pertinent question. Should we be able to say anything and do so without consequence, or should we be mindful of the situation in which we say it, or be mindful of the situation it will cause? Could what we say ever be classed as bullying, intimidation, or oppression? If the answer to this question is yes, then we are placed in a context of self-responsibility on what we say. There's no getting away from that. If you want to be able to say anything to anyone without consequence, then (for example), so-called racism can be condoned. Of course, one would not want to condone so-called racism, and if you cannot do that, then you cannot be allowed to say anything without there being a consequence to be responsible for.

We are all human, and we all react to things said to us, whether it be praise or denouncement. No one stands up to ridicule well. What we should be able to do is say anything that is reasonable, and that means we have to be mindful of the situation we say it in, or the situation it might cause. It is just simple polite social etiquette. We can all say the right things in hindsight, but foresight is more important. A simple agreement to disagree would have been the right thing, but of course, the issue escalated into a consequence that both parties have and are going to pay for. Its a lesson for us all.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
They keep saying they want equal treatment .
Looks like she got equal treatment .

Had it been a man beating a man entire thing would be a non-story .

Wow. Did you really type these words? Welcome to the United States of America, where you, and 26 others of your ilk, would ever think this was acceptable. Learn some #ing manners you goddamn knuckle dragger.
edit on 16-11-2016 by IsntLifeFunny because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Sorry, but I don't believe a word of it.

Too many lies, too much fakery and propaganda, too little balance, from liberals, have so eroded my opinion of them and they have used such underhand tactics, designed to smear and misinform, that I simply don't care what they have to say anymore.

I should qualify that I'm not assuming the O.P is a liberal, I'm saying they've been so malicious and hysterical that I just don't take any anti Trump story at face value...tha boy who cried wolf

I will add that when I first read the thread title I thought it was another violent and intolerant Hillary supporter, likely black attacking white and therefore racist too, doing the beating, such is the frequency of anti Trump violence inflicted on lone Republican voters, or anyone white, by gangs of mostly black Democrat voters...yet the MSM live in SilenceVille surrounded by tumbleweed and chirping crickets.

Another sign that it's so often the so called peacefull and tolerant left being violent and intolerant.

edit on 16-11-2016 by Godabove09 because: Spelling mistake

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

personally, I think you need to go back and reread the lesson?

but, very well, if that is the position you want to take then ya know that white dude that was pulled out of his car and beaten for being a trump supporter....
well, he just should have had enough sense not to be driving through the black section of town yelling out racist slurs...
now, all of them involved will just have to suffer the consequences of their actions. it's a lesson for all of us.

edit on 16-11-2016 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
*sigh* I had a nice long post on this written up earlier and as I hit post my wi-fi got cycled and the whole thing got lost, so I'll try again.

OK, admittedly I have only read the OP and a few of the early posts since this morning because I didn't have time to do much more than that. But I will give my take on this based on those bits of information.

First off, there was nothing at all to distinguish either sets of patrons as one "type" of voter from another just by looks. We all go to restaurants and I'll bet none of you can tell with much certainty what sort of patrons are sitting at the tables or booths near you just by sight. So all other things being equal, unless there was a "Make America Great Again" or "I'm With Her" slogan no one is aware of, then the political proclivities of the patrons came out in other ways.

So, how did that happen? Well, I am guessing that the patrons at their respective tables engaged in conversation. We all do it, and as I am sure all of you are aware, we are trained by the rules of polite society to more or less filter out the conversations of other patrons since they are really none of our business. But we also all know that there are times when you cannot help but overhear a snatch or two of this or that conversation. It's inevitable.

I am guessing that at some point, someone said something that the other table's party just couldn't ignore for whatever reason. I don't know what it was! I don't care who it was! I don't want to know! The point is that it was said and it set someone off. Can anyone honestly look around the country and say that they can say with absolute certainty who might have said what to set of whom? I can't, and it's pointless to try.

The end result is that I'll bet both tables ended up verbally sniping at each other until one of the parties snapped and took the fight to the physical level. And make no mistake that was wrong and should be punished. However, my point in writing all this up to this point is to point out that this is almost certainly NOT a case of a random guy assaulting some random blameless person without any provocation. There was an escalating situation that led up to this and both parties threw gas on that fire until it exploded.

Now can we address maybe why? Why have we gotten to the point where we are picking fights over our ideological differences? Where one person or the other cannot let it go until someone ends up punching someone else?

Maybe it's because we've shifted our view of ideology and political discourse from a simple matter of agree v. disagree which is what reasonable people do to good v. evil which is where you are fighting a righteous crusade against subhuman evil beings that you must defeat by any means necessary. When you start viewing your opponents as something less than otherwise good people whose views simply differ from your own and start seeing them as evil subhuman things, they don't deserve consideration or human compassion or kindness anymore.

The last time we got to this point and shifted our discourse to good v. evil, we ended up in a shooting war against each other that was the bloodiest war in our nation's history and we still haven't completely healed from it, but now it seems people are ready to do it all over again.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Besides this Incident being caused by a Political difference of Opinion , it was Simply an Assault by a Man against a Woman . A Cowardly Act . This Man If and when apprehended , Deserves a Stiff Sentence if Convicted .

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I'm in no way a fan of violence to solve disagreements, but the from what I've read, the man punched the woman a single time. How does a single punch equate to the sensationalized subject line of "Female Viciously Beaten by Man"?

Py

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Godabove09

boy, I can't wait till the rapture happens and takes all you people out of my reality!!

most of me is only kidding, but it seems like there is two different realities competing against each other here. each denying the reality of the other. tell ya a secret, I've written off fox news a long time ago because there is just too much "news" on it that is fake and made up for the sole purpose of pushing a political agenda. I went halfway through this election reading outlandish stories from the right. I don't necessarily believe everything coming out of your mouth either...
believe what you wish, and I will do the same. and we both can just keeping on keeping on in our own little reality while that real world in that real reality burns in flames!

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

And this is the problem.

A source says things you either don't want to hear or don't like how they present it, so you assign it the value of "fake" and tune it out. At this point, your discourse is limited to telling anyone who agrees with that side of the discourse that they are liars telling lies.

Now, if I had followed that same strategy this past election cycle, what kind of conversation could we actually have?

The answer is that we couldn't. We'd be busy accusing each other of being nothing but liars and likely other, more nasty names. Eventually, one or the other of us might then seek to end the fight by lashing out physically.

If you cannot argue an intelligent devil's advocate for you opponent, then you have already started to shift yourself from a reasonable discourse of agree v. disagree to good v. evil. Did you see how you already have by simply dismissing part of the dialogue as merely being lies not even worthy of your attention?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

As a former manager of a retail establishment, I kinda blame the person who moved the guy too.

If the ladies truly asked to be moved, and they then moved the guy instead, they created more tension, where there was obviously too much to begin with.

They should have complied with the women's request, and relocated them to a different table, and given them a nice discount for their trouble.

I agree with everyone else, this idiot needs to pay for what he did.

However, moving the guy was dumb. Especially since the ladies asked to be moved.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

He deserves no more stiff of a sentence than if he had hit a man though.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

isn't that what is happening?? isn't the post I responded to saying that he just isn't gonna listen to me because it's all lies?
lol... I'm beginning to think that if there was ever anything like a rapture, it would have nothing to do with god, it would be more like the mixture of human emotional energy with it's "we just can't live with each other" and our unwillingness to entertain the idea that maybe, just maybe our view isn't 100% perfect tearing our reality apart or something.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

The amount of agreement in stars is more disturbing than the backwards opinion. For shame here, for shame.

Thanks to all those who stood against it in comments.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
make my f...g... tortilla, build the wall for me!!!

www.youtube.com...

both sides are at fault here.
edit on 16-11-2016 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982

He deserves no more stiff of a sentence than if he had hit a man though.

Oh Really ? So you think a Man Punching a Woman in the Face dosen't Deserve a Stiffer Sentence if Convicted than if he had Punched a Man ? Question , Are You a Man or a Woman saying this , Because that is Very Important to the Real Answer I would give you here about that ......

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

My gender is irrelevant, as is theirs.

Assault is assault. Punishable under law. No further distinction is needed.

Are you trying to say women are weak, and need special treatment?

How sexist of you.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

What's remarkable is not that a single person could be this inherently violent (you think it's appropriate for a man to punch another man because he doesn't like Trump?), but rather that you garnered so many stars. You are precisely the reason sane people everywhere say they are afraid of Trump's followers.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

No , Women are the Weaker Physical Sex , you Cannot Argue or Deny Biology , the Law is Plain on that Fact . Certain Crimes against Women Will have more Severe Consequences .

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Agree with you. That's sick. That man needs some jail time and probably some mental help to control his anger. I wonder who else he's hurt?

Nobody on either side wnats violence like this. It goes without saying. Some people turn to violence and they get lumped in with everyone else. This is why people who voted for Trump shouldn't label all protesters violent radicals just because a few of them turn violent--and rightly deserve our scorn. The vast majority of protesters were and are peaceful and are only expressing their disapproval of the president elect's planned policies.
edit on 11/16/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
I will be protecting my friend's anonymity as long as she prefers I do not release it.

I will invite her to this thread to talk about it and answer questions, but please be patient and wait till tomorrow she's worn out from this today and needs a break and some rest.

It is her choice if she wants to show photos to anyone here. She did post them on her FB feed so it's possible she will share links here, but that's her choice and I respect it. I vouch that these photos exist and are very disturbing. For her age she is very attractive and right now she's very hurt.

If she is an adult and the man is too they deserve to have their names public. A court case can determine what for and who is punished. Frankly, this would be the only time I ever read of a Hillary supporter getting violence from a Trump supporter. It have usually been the other way around. That speaks volumes. Apparently violence against Trump supporters is okay to some people, when it shouldn't be.

Excerpt from the link you provided:

The woman did not suffer any visible injuries, and refused medical attention, the police spokesman said.

Your bias is profoundly showing by titling the thread; "Female Viciously Beaten by Man over Trump Argument at Brooklyn Restaurant".

Nothing in the article states anything viciously, but states only one punch was thrown. Do you understand what a vicious beating is!? Apparently not. Do you understand what bias is!? Your bias is showing propounding with this slanted thread.

Shame on you OP!

You are just adding more prejudice and misunderstanding to the world in a time when we have plenty of idiots protesting over a free and fair election. You should know better! Shame on you!!
edit on 16-11-2016 by thepixelpusher because: muzzleflash authored a biased thread

new topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join