It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Bernie Sanders: our job is to oppose Trump's bigotry vigorously

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure
a reply to: reldra

Maybe Bernie doing what is best for his party and not for his country is why people are pissed?

Exactly!

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Profusion

Right, because the man who marched with MLK wants protesters to become violent. Right wing logic.

He didn't address them and tell them to stop being violent did he? If he was against such violence he sure has a funny way of showing it.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: stosh64

But, Trump has. In tweets. One tweet at a reasonable hour condemning them and a 3am tweet saying how much he loves the protesters exercising their free speech. Hmmm

I agree with him, concerning the protests. The riots, not so much.

Right, he said protesters not rioters. I also agree that people have a right to protest.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure

Maybe Bernie doing what is best for his party and not for his country is why people are pissed?

Possibly. But the Republican party is taking a hard turn to Alt Right. I am not sure he saw that coming. possibly he would have but party aside more easily if he knew.

What is your definition of all-right?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
I agree bigotry should be challenged. At the same time he should mention that he denounces the violence involved in the protests as well.

Who's responsibility is it? Some say Clinton. Some say Obama. Some say Sanders now. We have Trump with his mixed message.

It's the responsibility of any person involved in it or are sticking their nose in it that have the following of millions of people.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

" Trump is Racist "

When Will this MYTH be Put to Rest ? The Left likes to throw around that Claim a lot , but there has Never Been One Instance that they can Point to showing President Elect Trump Saying or Doing Anything Racist . If you are going to Continue to use that Slur , at Lease Present a SOURCE for that Claim . This Sheit is Getting Really Old here on this Site.....

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

the snowflakes are going full retard they won't admit to ther lot wrecking the place etc ..

edit on 16 11 16 by robbeh because: or admit Trump is the man !

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   

He is saying: Whenever Donald does something stupid; you push back. Hold his feet to the fire.

SImple as that. Or, we could do what the cult right supporters do; plug our ears and pretend Trump didn't mock a disabled reporter. Or do 20 mental backflips to rationalize an obvious breach of decency and integrity on the ppart of Donald.

He is saying, in general, do not allow Donald's actions or inactions to go to waste. Take the opportunity to express your discontent whenever he steps out of line. Do not normalize any behavior that is not in accordance with the station of a president.

Because when you do; you get oppressive countries.

Now, you right can whine all you want, but the left can do the same. I personally don't think they should be whining, instead they should be keeping themselves informed on Donald's decision and use that to build their case in the next 4 years.

But if they want to whine, they can, so shut it, We heard the right whine for 8 years (irght on this site too) and conjure up all sorts of conspiracyies about Obama. Now you won, you have your president, don't expect some people to blindly accept it.
edit on 16-11-2016 by FelisOrion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

They think that because it is a projection of their desires when put under these circumstances. Remember the right did threaten 'revolution' if Donald lost.

Edit:

I also love how no one responded to your post which completely destroys their argument of 'Bernie is trying to egg on violent protests'.

A man who has been peaceful and passive the majority of his life, is just going to go and support all out violence? Right, you so crazy.
edit on 16-11-2016 by FelisOrion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Lol thanks for agreeing.

But respectfully why is it that you always compare or bring up "the other side"? I'm just curious. It's not just you, I do experience this with mostly liberals but I do with the hard right as well.

I'm just politely trying to say I also read your comments that are good and civil and then I read it as..but but but..

maybe this is my shortcoming.

I think we both agree to that the media is helping divide us all correct? Which would mean you agree with Trump to an extent?

We all have skin in the game, we all need to work together and figure out what we agree on and not what we disagree on. Is that a good message for us? For ATS? For... America, and the world?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Your article is lying not what he said at all. His last announcement made after the election is

“To the degree that Mr. Trump is serious about pursuing policies that improve the lives of working families in this country, I and other progressives are prepared to work with him,” Sanders wrote in conclusion. “To the degree that he pursues racist, sexist, xenophobic and anti-environment policies, we will vigorously oppose him.”

Unless you Put the whole quote doesn't quite have the same meaning. Bernie feels if hes going to better the lives of Amaricans great will help. Then warns iif he goes the other way will fight you. Not quite the message your article made it out to be.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
I can't believe that people are still falling for the falsehood spread by the media.
Trump is NOT racist.
Trump is NOT a bigot.

Bernie is continuing the falsehood to stir up the revolt.

I guess some people are just going to believe what they want to believe, proof or not.

Oh, its so simple, thanks for your immensely truthful and insightful analysis. Oh if only the rest of us had a direct view into Trump's mind. Unfortunately we don't, so we must rely on his actions (which are in fact directly racist and bigoted). I suppose actions are less important to you than opinions.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

" Trump is Racist "

When Will this MYTH be Put to Rest ? The Left likes to throw around that Claim a lot , but there has Never Been One Instance that they can Point to showing President Elect Trump Saying or Doing Anything Racist . If you are going to Continue to use that Slur , at Lease Present a SOURCE for that Claim . This Sheit is Getting Really Old here on this Site.....

Notice in the very same post you are referring to she says...."Examples are not needed at this point" . She knows we wil ask her for an example and that she doesn't have one.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion

He is saying: Whenever Donald does something stupid; you push back. Hold his feet to the fire.

SImple as that. Or, we could do what the cult right supporters do; plug our ears and pretend Trump didn't mock a disabled reporter. Or do 20 mental backflips to rationalize an obvious breach of decency and integrity on the ppart of Donald.

He is saying, in general, do not allow Donald's actions or inactions to go to waste. Take the opportunity to express your discontent whenever he steps out of line. Do not normalize any behavior that is not in accordance with the station of a president.

Because when you do; you get oppressive countries.

Now, you right can whine all you want, but the left can do the same. I personally don't think they should be whining, instead they should be keeping themselves informed on Donald's decision and use that to build their case in the next 4 years.

But if they want to whine, they can, so shut it, We heard the right whine for 8 years (irght on this site too) and conjure up all sorts of conspiracyies about Obama. Now you won, you have your president, don't expect some people to blindly accept it.

Don't you libs get it? Many of us have asked the same straightforward question and we have gotten NOT ONE straightforward response. I wil reiterate the question for clarity.

Why hasn't Bernie or Hillary (or anyone sticking their nose in this that has a large following publicly) denounced the violence going on around the country during these so called "protests" ????????

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I can't believe that people are still falling for the falsehood spread by the media.
Trump is NOT racist.
Trump is NOT a bigot.

I guess some people are just going to believe what they want to believe, proof or not.

Again, man him self has said and has done things that say otherwise, but you don't want to believe it??

Right... and grabbing them by p*&%* is a new hand-shake, right?

As for OP, instead of highly incorrect article, should probably post full interview and see what Bernie has said. He said he is willing to work with trump on many issues, like helping low income families, build infrastructure etc., but if his administration is going to be about bigotry and racism, he will do everything possible to oppose him.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion

Because that's what you did for the last eight years with the current president too huh?

Now you won, you have your president, don't expect some people to blindly accept it.

Accept it or not he will be president for at least the next four years.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
The FULL interview doesn't omit the part where Sanders SPECIFICALLY says he will work with Trump on any issues that are positive THEN he said the only exception to that is that he will vigorously oppose racism and bigotry.

Please double check your facts next time to avoid confusion and not to give people the wrong idea.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Your article is lying not what he said at all. His last announcement made after the election is

“To the degree that Mr. Trump is serious about pursuing policies that improve the lives of working families in this country, I and other progressives are prepared to work with him,” Sanders wrote in conclusion. “To the degree that he pursues racist, sexist, xenophobic and anti-environment policies, we will vigorously oppose him.”

Unless you Put the whole quote doesn't quite have the same meaning.

Then let's address the whole quote that you provided shall we?

“To the degree that he pursues racist, sexist, xenophobic and anti-environment policies, we will vigorously oppose him.”

What racist policies is Trump pursuing?

Also why didn't Mr Sanders denounce the violence that is supposedly so widespread it's on every MSM outlet?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

Trump is NOT racist.
Trump is NOT a bigot.

Oh, its so simple, thanks for your immensely truthful and insightful analysis. Oh if only the rest of us had a direct view into Trump's mind. Unfortunately we don't, so we must rely on his actions (which are in fact directly racist and bigoted). I suppose actions are less important to you than opinions.

Which actions of Trump's is racist? Wanna give some links?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: Wayfarer

Trump is NOT racist.
Trump is NOT a bigot.

Which actions of Trump's is racist? Wanna give some links?

Mexican are bad people, mexico is not sending us their best... and 'some' are good people.

Ban all Muslims from entering the country.

Selection of far right person for his cabinet....

Need more???

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join