It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banning Toy Guns, YEP in Baltimore City Council Says:IT'S THE EASIEST WAY!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: KilroyRock

Not only that, but the source states very clearly that the ban is on toy guns that look like real, working weapons. Replicas that can reasonably be mistaken for the real thing. The hyperbolic title makes it sound as if they're stopping little kids from having any toy guns at all. There are many areas where toy guns are marked visibly to identify them as toys. That's how it is where we live. Ffs, it's not some evil plot to rob kids of their childhood.

It's a reasonable decision based on verifiable statistical information that the lack of clear distinction is putting people in danger on a regular basis in that area. It's precisely the same reason why manufacturers have been making toy guns with brightly colored tips on the barrels for quite a long while now. They know their products have been used by real criminals as props, and they agree that this poses a risk to kids and law enforcement, so they're trying to change that.

The problem is, those colored tips can be covered with a sharpie or paint, and from a distance it can be impossible to tell it is a fake gun. So, to combat clever criminals and keep kids from being accidentally shot, they're simply banning any toy gun that could be reasonably misidentified in a crucial moment as an authentic firearm.

This is nothing but fear mongering to get people all in a dither about gun control and hating on law enforcement, as it's been a while since they last trotted that one out. They have to change it up from time to time or else people will lose interest and start paying attention to other things. Something reasonable and responsible gets decided and suddenly the cops don't look like they're all out there on some killing spree, so they've got to spin it to turn that positive into a negative...can't be drifting from the script like that because too many people might start critically thinking and that simply will not do. This is deliberate emotional manipulation, plain and simple.
edit on 30245America/ChicagoWed, 16 Nov 2016 05:24:10 -060030am30320America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22
I used to have "cowboy pistols" as a child, "cap" guns which produced nothing more than a bang. But I wasn't wandering around with them in an environment where real guns were likely to appear.
If the police need to take action against people waving guns, it is also desirable, unfortunately, that they should take action against people waving things that look like guns. It makes life safer for everybody else.
If young people obtained illicit toy guns and kept them at home, it would not matter.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I bet that stupid detective didn't bother to tell the teen to drop the BB gun. Police these days are yellow, way too quick to shoot someone.

Police drove up to a 12 year old boy sitting at a park bench who had a pellet gun pistol, not 3 seconds out of the car, they shot and killed Tamir Rice. What kind of mindset you must have to think kids at that age are a deadly threat to you. You couldn't use the PA system on the police car to tell him to drop it while staying a safe distance.

The way police are trained in the US, is the reason so many people get shot. If we trained our police like they do in the UK, we would see at least 60% drop in police use of deadly force.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I can't tell you how many times cars have been used to purposely kill people. I have seen them used to run police down. Is it also time to ban these "weapons". Plus drunk drivers, there is a huge reason for everyone to walk.

They can look harmless, sitting in the drive thru-on or the car lot. But then in a dark alley, BOOM, you are hit, cause an alley is the perfect environment for the innocent auto to be abused.

Ban cars it makes us ALL SAFER!!!
a reply to: DISRAELI

I used to have "cowboy pistols" as a child, "cap" guns which produced nothing more than a bang. But I wasn't wandering around with them in an environment where real guns were likely to appear.
If the police need to take action against people waving guns, it is also desirable, unfortunately, that they should take action against people waving things that look like guns. It makes life safer for everybody else.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
After reading the story, something stinks about the whole thing. It is written, I think< purposely to be vague. It is written in such a way to protest the "intelligence" officer who shot the teen.

a reply to: Echo007

I bet that stupid detective didn't bother to tell the teen to drop the BB gun. Police these days are yellow, way too quick to shoot someone.

Police drove up to a 12 year old boy sitting at a park bench who had a pellet gun pistol, not 3 seconds out of the car, they shot and killed Tamir Rice. What kind of mindset you must have to think kids at that age are a deadly threat to you. You couldn't use the PA system on the police car to tell him to drop it while staying a safe distance.

The way police are trained in the US, is the reason so many people get shot. If we trained our police like they do in the UK, we would see at least 60% drop in police use of deadly force.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join