It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

There’s No Such Thing as a Good Trump Voter says Slate

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

There is a who hell of a lot of he said/she said crap going on in that article..Which is really an opinion piece.

I've taken my time to read up on Bannon. I'll let you know if I see something concrete.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Good grief...

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Yeah I know...Call me skeptical of hysterical liberals playing the race card all the #ing time.

Give it a rest. You're boring me with your race politics.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

You race baiting social justice warriors got exactly what was coming to you.

And what was that? Vengeance?

Because there is no racism in America? Because we're not allowed to say so?

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Of course there's racism.

But the narrative is that racism is the only motivation for voting for Trump. Because liberal urbanites think everyone lives exactly like they do, should believe all the same things, and think all the same things.

Racial politics is nothing more than a tool used to brow beat people into going along with the narrative.

This election is a repudiation of that idea. If this keeps going, you're gonna lose more elections.

Nevermind Trump, MOST of the country voted in republican representatives, most of the country voted for republican senators. Why? Because most of the country has had enough of the racial divide and social engineering of the democratic party and its liberal base.

They did it to themselves. Now they're doubling down on it.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I don't see any objectivity in your position

Because most of the country has had enough of the racial divide and social engineering of the democratic party and its liberal base.

Social engineering? The conversation has changed during the course of the past eight years. The anti PC rhetoric changed what we're allowed to say. I'm sure some think that's only fair, but I don't see how it's any better or even different. It just exchanged one kind of political correctness for another

Anyone complaining about something we should all be complaining about became a SJW, a special snowflake - a no good race baiting liberal. In order to support the argument, a fair amount of people were willing to look the other way on the subject of racism and not say anything - because that would mean the other side might have a point. At least some of the time? Or is it never?

The no good liberals this, the evil liberals that - we are the epitome of evil. You don't have to leave ATS to hear it, it's everywhere here. But, it's just as bad out there, and that's really saying something. Rush, O'Reilly, Breitbart, Fox...kept hammering that message home . Day and night for years

See it or don't, but it's no different on this side. We can feel your hate

Racism is real, but apparently only people on the right can see it - and if we see it we're what? Stupid? Malicious? We hate conservatives? How many talk shows do we have dedicated to explaining how evil the right is?

So, somebody had this coming. You don't make it sound like you won an election - you make it sound like you're punishing somebody. Retribution

Explain it anyhow you want - we can feel your hate, and if you want to try and explain how your hate is more righteous - go ahead. Rationality goes out the window the very minute you claim all of anybody is bad. Or does that only apply to liberals?

This country got played. Plain and simple. Social engineering? Society is breaking down and we'll be at each others throats soon enough

edit on 11/15/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I don't see any objectivity in your position

I'm not required to be objective.

On the rest of it:

I'm a Hispanic who voted for Trump. You know what I hear from the left?

You're a race traitor.

Now the liberal media is subjecting me to constant accusations of racism where no racism exists.

Do you see where I am going with this? You people have cried wolf so much that you became caricatures of yourselves. Whiny SJWs indeed. You'll find no sympathy here. Ya'll make your own hell and expect the rest of us to feel sorry for you when you get offended, hide in your safe space, and play the race card.

It's been really pathetic watching the left do this. Now it's hilarious watching it all melt down because the left is too stupid to figure out what it did wrong.
edit on 15 11 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

...You people...

You're no better

Save you're you people for someone else - I can see you're not listening. This is all I (or any of us) are to you. You people. All of us

I'm sure you'll also think we deserve what we get when it turns into something else

This has gone on long enough - and if you feel it really helps to double down on why some people had this coming, I think you got the answer to your prayers

Trump is your new Czar, Bannon your new Rasputin. That will show everyone

Like I said - we got played. It's going to take a certain kind of person to see past all this and work towards making it right

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Let me know when the accusations of fake racism stop and we'll talk.

Let me know when the lying liberal media tells the truth and we'll talk.

All this has been from day one is one false accusation of racism after another. Now half the country is racist because the other half lost the election.

So yeah, let me know when all that changes and we'll talk.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Yeah I know...Call me skeptical of hysterical liberals playing the race card all the #ing time.

Give it a rest. You're boring me with your race politics.

Well, you're disappointing me, so we're even?

I always thought you above right wing propaganda. I've been wrong a lot lately, I also thought more Conservatives would be like you and less like... this.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   

I call BS when I see it.

I'm sorry I'm not what you want me to be. I have certain positions on certain things that are obviously palatable to you. Some of my positions aren't. Either way I am required to justify nothing.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Nor am I.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   

At the end of the day, Trump won because he was able to build a broader coalition than Hillary was able to cobble together

At the end of the day, Trump won because he worked harder to win. Oh those silly polls had Hillary up, even though she slept through most of the campaigning. After all, it was her turn, and they were supposed to just hand it to her on a silver platter. They just severely underestimated all the illegals voting. When they checked the voting records of the most violent of the rioting thugs against their arrest records, they found a good percentage of them were not even registered to vote. But then how do you rely on a bunch of criminals to actually come out for you and do their civic duty.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

So yeah, let me know when all that changes and we'll talk.

It will take both sides working together to make this change

The thing is, I know you understand this - I've read a lot of what you've written here in the past. If you begin to un-know this, as so many have (on both sides) we will never make it, and America is dead

The right is as guilty of all this as the left, and the two sides have been increasing the rhetoric steadily for years until there's no room left for actual communication. Rather than confront that element within the party, it gets turned outwards

You said earlier:

I'm a Hispanic who voted for Trump. You know what I hear from the left? You're a race traitor.

You didn't hear that from me. Or - many, many others on the left. Just as all Trump supporters aren't the same - neither are we people who are more centrist, or further left

I heard that once directed at me, way before Trump - because I was with someone who was the wrong color. I've heard worse from others directed at friends of mine that were - the wrong color. I was in a car once with someone else that I'm pretty sure would have gotten beat up by a cop if I hadn't been there that night

I've had Muslim friends...more than a few actually - too many stories to tell here

Jewish friends...Chinese, a Mexican friend I had who was an Au Pair, and kinda like the house slave. Gay friends - things haven't always been the way they are now - not for so many people. I've seen it in restaurants, in clubs, in stores...in a large corporation where I worked where foreign people with PhDs were treated like a joke

Bigotry is real. I'll call it out wherever I see it whenever I see it. Should I let people intimidate me into silence? Should we all just let it go?

You read one article, and you think it's all you people that think like that. Should I believe everything I hear from Breitbart, or Rush - or all the other right (and far right) sources out there?

I'm sorry to see this thread here projectvxn. I know you're angry. So am I. I keep hoping for better, especially from a few individuals. I'm starting to worry that it's not possible

edit on 11/16/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

It will take both sides working together to make this change

on that, you are correct. But something you need to understand here is that if YOU don't try, who will? The whole group of militant lefties are hell bent on not even accepting the results of this election, let alone actively trying to make things work. If Trump surround himself with puff pastries, we still have no idea how that would affect thing things that happen with is Presidency. He still has a bit before he becomes "president".

I'm am only one guy. I feel like I fit in well with the demographic that voted for Trump due to feeling marginalized by the liberal pompous arrogant assholes. (not calling you that, just the feeling I get from the entire movement) And when I think of anything to do with government, race of the individual has nothing at all to do with my thought process. I didn't like Obama, but it has nothing to do with his race, it's his policies. Hell, I think Condoleza Rice would have made a fantastic president, but she is too damn smart to run and have her life smeared over an election. Racists exist, but they aren't the majority anymore. They are looked down upon by the majority, and that majority includes those on the right.

While I doubt I ever agreed with your political stance, you are an intelligent person. As are others who seem hell bent on lowering their intelligence to make points that don't exist yet. This is the world we have for 4 years. We have to move past this initial shock that Trump is going to be the president. The damage being done is huge and is eroding the country. It has to stop. It's like screaming the wold is on fire and nobody struck the #ing match yet.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

writes Michael Lerner in the New York Times in a column titled “Stop Shaming Trump Supporters.” “Many Trump supporters very legitimately feel that it is they who have been facing an unfair reality.” He continues: “The left needs to stop ignoring people’s inner pain and fear. The racism, sexism and xenophobia used by Mr. Trump to advance his candidacy does not reveal an inherent malice in the majority of Americans.”

OK, I just keep seeing where this erroneous bias from this writer is coming from. He is responding to the author of the above quote, Michael Lerner, who is mainstream, sell out to the neocon agenda, putting his slant on the election results.

The article this thread is linked to, continues on the same error. It answers and responds to an error. An erroneous response to an erroneous assumption, based on the first assumption being real, just makes their whole mindset a huge error. And the second article doesn't see it, because he believed the propaganda.
The whole thing is based on the liberals, (who should have been ear to the ground, the people's party) having a complete disrespect for the people and disconnect from them.

So they spin the results. Michael Lerner's disconnect and error that he is promoting for agenda, is that people who voted for Trump did so out of inner fears. But shouldn't be consider bad. Its a complete slanted piece he wrote.

Error (that they probably know better but just put out to try and sway viewers) further cemented by the response which is going on the inner fears again.

Look media goons, first of all I don't believe you're just making this mistake. I believe you are spinning it!

You know full well why people voted for Trump: The World has much diversity, which is precisely we have borders!

People need security, nations, respect for their races including their white nationalities and culture and LAWS. Constitutions. An end to globalization and free enterprise systems being turned into monopolies and exploitation of jobs to cheap labor sources.

A complete end to this BS.

People specifically chose Trump over the neocons who spun an election on "a woman running" over the real issues that the liberals, the so called people's party, refused to address but only promised to open the borders even more, nothing to do with job creation , just more globalization, more endangerment of our nations, more blame of whites even existing. 1/3 of the races of human on earth, with the best constitutions about Freedom and Equality, is supposed to just label itself error, and racist, though the only slavery that exists in this day an age exists in Africa and the Middle East, and die so they can take over our estates, instead of improving theirs.

The entire race issue is unbelievable. Unless you're willing to hand your country to others who hate your constitution and don't have fundamentally the same values, you are a racist.

The ludicrous hijacked left completely betrayed the people. AND despite the only one standing against NWO having no funding for his campaign, no support from the bought off media, no support from his own party even, the people need to take the biggest bow they can. Because they united, and spoke, and connected on social media and sent articles to Trump, to Drudge, to various sources left right and center, they showed that without a revolution, they were capable of uniting a front against a MONSTER. The hijacked left is a MONSTER.

I use hijacked because though very happy Trump is in, I'm the real left, the old school left. For example, as a Canadian, we're half way between the US and Norway and we pay the bills for our medical, we don't consider our governments a king we elect, but servants to the people and an employee. We don't consider government having the right to ADD things to those social programs we endorse and require. For example, because we want a good social net, and medicare, it doesnt mean we want our borders open, or globalization and loss of job and economy. The two are only wedded recently by the HIJACKED LEFT.

Having compassion and sending aid to other countries, does not require opening your borders to them and flooding in a huge amount of people, that only a few years ago the newspapers discussing immigration used words such as "High Risk" to define, such as for values different, lack of respect for your laws, and higher crime rates.

There is zero requirement for this until Obama got in.

The people voted Trump as a resounding NO to save their nation, including their children some of whom are currently protesting due to common core education, Saudi text books, slanting reality in a way that it can't be. People who pay the bills, make the Obamacare payments unlike this poorly educated youth, who don't even understand what the constitution is, what the issues really are, and the differences between a government appointed privilege and an inalienable right that the government has not business touching.
edit on 16-11-2016 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join