It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Election Protests: Public Declaration of Ignorance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Greetings:

After some time to absorb and observe the results of the election, I have a few thoughts.

It appears to me that the people that are protesting the results of the election are openly declaring their own ignorance. Here's why:

I have watched countless news reports, interviews, political pundits, celebrities, and random people posing on youtube, facebook, and twitter who have expressed their utter shock and disbelief that Donald J. Trump has been elected to be the next POTUS. They cry and wail, stare with vacant looks of disbelief, threaten absurdities like children.

My question is this: If the left-leaning Hillary supporters are so in touch with what the people want, why are they so shocked? Why are the snowflakes so utterly aghast and butt-hurt? The answer seems clear. They have been living in a bubble of urban leftists that all regurgitate the same thing.

If you are shocked, then you were out of touch with reality. You believed the biased polls on the idiot box. You believed all the people that agree with you. Your mind couldn't conceive of a Trump victory because... you were ignorant. It's that simple. You should be more shocked at how completely delusional and wrong you were.

And if you are protesting because of your shock, you are openly and publicly declaring how utterly clueless and ignorant you are... or were, rather, because hopefully now you've been properly educated.

Just because you were out of touch with the rest of America doesn't mean it wasn't a "fair" election. Trump campaigned intelligently enough to take the electoral college. Next time the left should keep their fingers on the pulse of reality.

All the "experts" were wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. I wonder if all the pundits on TV who were laughing about a Trump presidency are now laughing at how ignorant, out of touch, and wrong they were?

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheFlesh1980

It happens when you keep telling people (including your supporters) that they are bigots, racists, and privileged due to the color of their skin and things like this are the result.

This Progressive Explains It Perfectly:

edit on 15-11-2016 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Protests don't bother me.

Rioters piss me off.
Those that think a freedom of speech means a guaranteed audience pisses me off.

Like I've been saying, even moronic assholes have rights.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I'm just astounded that they are protesting in Democrat strongholds. They are disrupting the lives of people who mostly voted for Hillary! They are destroying the property of people who mostly voted Democratic!

Such a disconnect.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
My favorite part of the protests is the locations they choose.
Let's protest the election in the cities that voted our way!

That's like flash mobbing a church and telling the people to find Jesus.
Preaching to the choir.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

That's a good point.

"I'm so angry that Hillary wasn't elected that I'm going to go block traffic... so all my fellow Hillary supporters in my liberal town are inconvenienced."

Brilliant.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I prefer this video.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Most of them have no idea why they appose him, they just know they were told to.

edit on 15-11-2016 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Besides the many reasons he could have won, I do believe it would have been closer. But, the polls made a huge error in manipulation to put Hillary ahead to the point many voters thought she was so far ahead they didn't need to vote.

BTW inforlurker, I have watched that video twice and he doesn't miss any point.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
As far as I can see, these 'protesters' are sending a very clear message. They are showing everybody that they are
  • spoiled. They actually think that the election rules can be changed to popular vote instead of the electoral college after the results are in just because they want it.
  • scared. They obviously don't have the intestinal fortitude to complain to the face of the areas that voted Trump.
  • bullies. They try to force their will on others using violence.
  • terrorists. They are trying to overthrow a government by negating a free election.
  • racist. They have prejudged a man based on his skin color.
  • hypocrites. They call others racist when they show their own. They cry about domestic terrorists while demonstrating terrorism.
  • stoopid. They still can't understand that their own previous actions like this are why so many voters voted against their 'hero.'
  • criminals. Rioting is illegal. Calling for violence is illegal. Trying to overturn an election by violence is treason.

I'm not sure there is even this supposed right to protest. I've read the Constitution. There is a specific right to peaceful assembly... I'm not sure where it covers blocking infrastructure or disturbing the peace. There is a right to petition the government for redress of grievances. I'm not sure that applies to 'but I wanted to win the election.' There's the right to free speech... but there's no right to take over a few blocks while exercising it. I saw no specific right to protest.

I did see plenty about how the elections were to happen, and so far as I can tell they happened like they were prescribed to happen by the Constitution.

The real message they have sent, in the clearest manner possible, is that any party which claims these criminals, any person who has not already denounced their actions, will probably never... NEVER... get another shot at holding any office unless they are from a district where this type of behavior is considered acceptable. And the rest of the country is watching to see where these districts of criminality are.

I would personally love to see every single protester caught engaging in any way in violence or caught speaking or disseminating calls to violence, arrested, tried for treason in a Federal court, and when convicted serve a life sentence without parole. I would like to see any politician who explicitly or implicitly encourages these 'protests' removed from office for violation of their oath.

There is one person who is responsible for working these people into a frenzy: Hillary Rodham Clinton. There is one person who has the power to forcefully quell these people: Barack Hussein Obama. So fast as I have seen, neither has bothered to utter a syllable against these 'protests.'

That is the clearest message of all.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   
The selfishness factor is high.

While most of the world is getting on with life and business, some people in the USA are crying about their own tiny special interest. While other places are happy simply not to be on the receiving end of Hillary's bombs and drone attacks.

www.express.co.uk...

www.express.co.uk/news/world/732768/Assad-Donald-Trump-Putin-Syria-ISIS-Russia-allies-air-strike-war-terror-strike

new topics

top topics

join