It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trolls 101 —- How To Identify Trolls And Forum Spies

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aeshma
a reply to: CharlesT

Step one. Mention the election, as soon as they open their mouths punch them in the dick! If they hit you back and tell you about how Hillary won the popular vote, and there is a petition online. They are a soulless troll. Feel free to publicly shame them for their anti-democratic ways, and remind them they are what's wrong with this country.

Could I interest you in a game of ROSHAMBO?

I'll go first.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SPHARAOH

Well, the Kremlin uses the FSB, SVD, and GRU units to develop and deploy online electronic armies. Alarmingly, they're using the FSB more and more outside of Russia (FSB is like our FBI). Putin is closer to the folks in the FSB, so he trusts them more and likes to use them when he can.

Hell, Russia spent 9 billion on propaganda over the Ukraine thing, a significant amount of that online (fake news stories, fake tweets, memes, facebook posts ect, ect).
sprotyv.info...

Apparently in Russia during this election cycle one could make upwards of $700 USD a week online trolling/pro-Trump posting. Why not get paid to do what you probably would be doing anyway (sitting at a computer)?

Oh, they're around ... and they know who they are

edit on 15-11-2016 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Same here.

WOW! That is one angry person. It still said in reply though?!?!

I guess he didn't read that part.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
That list the Op shared has been circulating the net for some time. It's not a Russian source that created it.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

Well, the Kremlin uses the FSB, SVD, and GRU units to develop and deploy online electronic armies. Alarmingly, they're using the FSB more and more outside of Russia (FSB is like our FBI). Putin is closer to the folks in the FSB, so he trusts them more and likes to use them when he can.

Hell, Russia spent 9 billion on propaganda over the Ukraine thing, a significant amount of that online (fake news stories, fake tweets, memes, facebook posts ect, ect).
sprotyv.info...

Apparently in Russia during this election cycle one could make upwards of $700 USD a week online trolling/pro-Trump posting. Why not get paid to do what you probably would be doing anyway (sitting at a computer)?

Oh, they're around ... and they know who they are

True. It's just infuriating that people think it's that easy to find a troll. Don't get me wrong though it's doable i am pretty sure but unless you're focusing on one person an ordinary person could do it but without training i am guessing it might be harder than what he said to do +soooooo much effort (well from my part anyways) Here to learn,inform enjoy myself and hopefully entertain. I don't get much pleasure of flat out mind F people but like a cat with yarn i might play
whatever

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
I heard the Danes are working on a program called Troll Trace.

And if caught i soooooo don't want to say this just in case (angry people) if you're caught by Troll trace Hillary is gonna rat you out to somehow become president. Arrrrgggghhh!!! I hate myself right now.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Well, no one pays me to be on here but if you look at my post history I do seem to have an "agenda".

I'm just a passionate person about a few core issues. *shrug* If someone started paying me and I had to do it? It wouldn't interest me anymore because it'd turn into a job.

And jobs suck. Well, mostly.

Eh, you can find them.

In any case, watch the MOVIE Troll Hunter, don't run around trying to hunt them unless you have mad skillz like moi.

Amazing movie:

edit on 15-11-2016 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Are you using Technique #4 on me right now?

And did i use #5 on CharlesT by accident?

*Running away screaming!!!*
edit on 16-11-2016 by SPHARAOH because: #Change. Cuz soma da times ima da freekin stoopid.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Truth be told? Just a little to much George Dickel sour mash. LOL

I really don't care at this point.

ETA: Read my post and spit sour mash out on my keyboard.

edit on 2016-11-16T00:02:16-06:0012amWed, 16 Nov 2016 00:02:16 -0600WednesdayAmerica/Chicago1630 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

Funny #*** #!
edit on 2016-11-16T00:06:18-06:0012amWed, 16 Nov 2016 00:06:18 -0600WednesdayAmerica/Chicago1830 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Sweetheart, truth rules................ Deny ignorance and lies.

eta; Deception can not be sustained.
edit on 2016-11-16T00:21:09-06:0012amWed, 16 Nov 2016 00:21:09 -0600WednesdayAmerica/Chicago0930 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Remember when the BP oil spill happened. Lots of new members signed up on ATS to protect, and basically troll all threads critical of British Petroleum. After the controversy died down, those members left never to post again.

I remember. BP can kiss my aSS.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

Truth be told? Just a little to much George Dickel sour mash. LOL

I really don't care at this point.

ETA: Read my post and spit sour mash out on my keyboard.

Funny #*** #!

Are you just drunk and lonely/bored?

You did start this thread. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not judging you but if you are hangout in the social section for awhile or maybe another website until you sleep it off.

Feel free to stay or leave though.

Have a nice night CharlesT.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: SPHARAOH
And if caught i soooooo don't want to say this just in case (angry people) if you're caught by Troll trace Hillary is gonna rat you out to somehow become president. Arrrrgggghhh!!! I hate myself right now.

Someone should tell Trey and Matt you guessed their plot.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Not so much guessed but actually saw the episode. I just couldn't be bothered making a reference point. Now they can start a new thread in political mud pit about how Matt and Trey are un-American by supporting Hillary then Trump supporters can attack back saying they are because they're mocking Hillary...

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Forums, Facebook, and media outlets like Reddit are loaded with bots that pretty much behave like trolls. This makes sliding and drifting much easier.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Here is another great article by Glen Greenwald on the reality of this:
theintercept.com...

This is much deeper than most are willing to accept and it does not just apply to the internet world.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Where's sillyme or whatever her name was? She disappeared the same way her candidate did

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join