It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegals demand Obama issue mass pardons, last-ditch effort to stop Trump deportations

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I honestly don't understand these people. They may have fled a life of poverty and strife but why do it illegally?

If you have broken the law, don't then demand that people accept it. Whatever you do, DO NOT ask people to defend you against the police! My God this is an upside down, inside out place.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
A mass pardoning would fit with Obama's desperate search for a legacy. And it would be of a piece with his autocratic rule by Executive Order.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

You're an immigrant right?

How do you feel about all the people immigrating illegally and coming up with BS excuses for not going through the process to become naturalized?

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Millions of law abiding illegals? I'm confused....

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

In Terminator terms......

Obama : Hasta la vista baby.
Illegals : I'll be back.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: gpols

Seems like the illegals even believe they are legal, because they say.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Well nobody ever says to them "hey what you're doing is wrong you need to get your papers in order". Construction companies, farmers, etc. specifically advertise to attract these types of workers and you literally have local municipalities saying "Hey it's okay that you broke the law! Come here and we'll protect you!"

The whole thing is absolutely insane. I get it we're a nation of immigrants, but America didn't have 400 million people to tend after a hundred years ago either. Not only that, but they engage in identity theft in order to work legitimate jobs, most of them are getting paid under the table so they aren't paying into the system, they send the majority of their money out of the country.

Other than some cheap labor so some company can undercut their competitor illegal immigration is a negative. Not to mention how it's a risk to public health because they aren't required to get vaccinated before immigrating.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Well nobody ever says to them "hey what you're doing is wrong you need to get your papers in order". Construction companies, farmers, etc. specifically advertise to attract these types of workers and you literally have local municipalities saying "Hey it's okay that you broke the law! Come here and we'll protect you!"

The whole thing is absolutely insane. I get it we're a nation of immigrants, but America didn't have 400 million people to tend after a hundred years ago either. Not only that, but they engage in identity theft in order to work legitimate jobs, most of them are getting paid under the table so they aren't paying into the system, they send the majority of their money out of the country.

Other than some cheap labor so some company can undercut their competitor illegal immigration is a negative. Not to mention how it's a risk to public health because they aren't required to get vaccinated before immigrating.

The vaccine thing is the scariest. The second is the damage done to social programs and local economies.
This needs to be taken care of, I hope Trump is going to follow through.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I feel like he most definitely will. This is one of the things he was most vocal about for years. He also a majority of Republicans behind him on it too.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Why not immediately issue green cards good for some time so that careful assessments can be made regarding deportation? Green cards would require registration and provide legitimacy and could eventually lead to permanent resident alien status. Anyone serving in any US military branch would be a permanent resident alien after 4 years, provided that there were no impediments.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
President can't issue a pardon for deportation. Pardons are to prevent criminal proceedings. What he could do is pardon all crimes illegals have committed but I don't think that would go over well. Since there are people being held on rape and murder charge's.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: gpols
a reply to: marg6043

Is not going to happen, pardons do not work in mass quantities.

They could all voluntarily put their names on a government administered list so Obama can at least start to write out individual pardons for all of them.

Maybe they should.
With home addresses, phone numbers, and when they'll be available for pickup.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I am Puertorrican and against illegal immigration.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Who knew that being in the US illegally is not a crime..

"But mere unlawful presence in the country is not a crime. It is a violation of federal immigration law to remain in the country without legal authorization, but this violation is punishable by civil penalties, not criminal. Chief among these civil penalties is deportation or removal, where an unlawful resident may be detained and removed from the country. Unlawful presence can also have negative consequences for a resident who may seek to gain re-entry into the United States, or permanent residency.".

blogs.findlaw.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Now they tell us.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

hussein obama has commuted the sentences of over 1000 inmates, more than any president.
Link to External Image

and hussein granted 231 commutations and pardons in a single day.
Link to Article

Question becomes, how many more will hussein release into the general population?
Is this his form of reprisals against voters who elected Trump?
And so I defer to you, the scholars and experts of this, the greatest website ever.
Thank you.

Addendum: Will he pardon Hillary supporters who carry out their threats to murder electors who voted for Trump?

edit on 20/12/16 by Adonsa because: Added a last line to the message

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

We have a cure for this...and it's NOT depending on someone else.
There is a legal path to citizenship but it takes effort and following our laws.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

On top of the fact that they have not been convicted of a crime

A conviction is not needed to be pardoned.

Maybe a daily press conference where they are pardoned daily after staying through the previous night.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
originally posted by: DBCowboy

Guess you've never heard of an Outlaw.
edit on 20-12-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I think the real question is, would we support an action by the Trump admin or congress to round up all of the illegals we can, detain them, give them due process and then deport them?

Has America come to that point?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join