It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cowboys-Tony Romo just gave, a .....speech??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Just heard a live presser with Tony Romo on The Ticket here in DFW. It was in a word, odd. On a deeper level it was a little sad, little upset, and depressing.
Basically he is conceding the starting QB spot to Dak Prescott. But without really saying it out loud.
We knew this was coming and they have been riding an injury, but after a few weeks of milking it, the pressure was on. His demeanor was pretty down and he never really gave Dak the "Big" props he really deserves. Maybe that's the best you can expect after having "THE year" stripped from him. He's been an amazing QB but this team has really come together with Dak.
Any who, don't know if there are any other tinfoil hat people here that watch football too, but this is breaking news!

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I love the Cowboys, and I think this was the only way to do it. Sad day for Romo.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth
Just heard a live presser with Tony Romo on The Ticket here in DFW. It was in a word, odd. On a deeper level it was a little sad, little upset, and depressing.
Basically he is conceding the starting QB spot to Dak Prescott. But without really saying it out loud.
We knew this was coming and they have been riding an injury, but after a few weeks of milking it, the pressure was on. His demeanor was pretty down and he never really gave Dak the "Big" props he really deserves. Maybe that's the best you can expect after having "THE year" stripped from him. He's been an amazing QB but this team has really come together with Dak.
Any who, don't know if there are any other tinfoil hat people here that watch football too, but this is breaking news!

Healthy again ?

He needs to accept his back up role.

He has managed to keep us out of the SB for 15 years.

Hey Tony...Grab that clipboard and don't make me cut you.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
As a life long Patriots and Niners fan I have no love lost for Dallas. That being said, I think Romo is a great candidate for a coaching career after his playing days. He can be a backup for the next 3-4 years as he works on his coaching skills and then make the switch.

But......pride has a way of derailing the best of us at times.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
If he's injured enough that playing is a serious risk to health, then maybe he should step back.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I think he's plenty well to play, that's just the excuse to let Dak keep pressing forward and Tony saving face.
I wish he could have got 1 ring before moving on to another team or taking a coaching gig. If they win it all he will get a ring, but can you imagine how hard it would be to look at that ring every day. Knowing that they (and Tony) finally won a Super Bowl the year he didn't play.
I feel for him, Jerry Jones screwed up a lot of those years making dumb trades and hiring idiots.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Maybe he should give Drew Bledsoe a call. They have so much in common.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

No one cares about the garbage cowgirls and their brittle QB.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Maybe he should give Drew Bledsoe a call. They have so much in common.

Except that Drew lost his starting job to a first ballot HOF QB under the decision of a first ballot HOF coach. Dak is a rookie, Waaaayyyy too early to crown him anything other than Dallas' starting QB and there's no way in hell Garrett goes into the HOF.

I can't feel too bad for Romo...
Multimillionaire? CHECK
Dated Jessica Simpson? CHECK
Married Miss Missouri? CHECK
Will be paid more millions NOT to get hit every Sunday? CHECK

This may be a blessing in disguise for Tony. Who knows? Maybe Dak goes down in the first playoff game and Romo rides it to a title?

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Not exactly.
Drew because of injury lost his starting job to his backup that had never started an nfl game.
Just like tony romo.

But I will agree, it's way to early to put the kid in the hall of fame.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

Just saw Tony on Fox 4. It was sad. But you can't argue with 8/1.

Love Dak and Love Dem' Boys!

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
A thread about Tony Romo? Isn't this in the wrong forum? Shouldn't it be in ' breaking news'?

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
A thread about Tony Romo? Isn't this in the wrong forum? Shouldn't it be in ' breaking news'?

I thought I could invent a new product.

Tony Romo's Fine China.

But, it's breaks too easy.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
You gotta feel for the guy, pretty much every game he played in the last year and a half he's been hurt. Dude has got to feel awful about it. That said, Dak is just slaying on the field.
edit on 15-11-2016 by Mr Headshot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

Bro, one cannot claim lifelong Fandom of 2 football teams. It simply doesn't work that way.

As a lifelong Niner fan, I'd take Romo in a heartbeat. Of course, he wouldn't have anyone to throw to.....

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Well, it is in the sports forum. And it was the only topic that didn't include Trump, Clinton, Riot, or Wikileaks for a nice break. So, back to your own world. #notmypresidentbuthereallyisunlessyoumoveordontliveheretobeginwith!
Go Cowboys
a reply to: watchitburn

top topics

join