It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any chance of creating a whole new, yet affiliated, website for politics?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: brace22

I agree. Dump every single new thread about any political topic, election, laws, agendas, political parties and intrigue into ONE place. Great.

Then down the NEW thread list would look like the old ATS. I think we've lost a lot of people and topics because it's turned almost 75% into a political and hardly not a wide topic conspiracy website.

Please...let those who care go to a new singularily designated location on ATS? And those of us coming for conspiracy, mysteries, UFO-USO's, cryptos, open discussions on conspiracy issues...can stay out of it altogether unless we want to participate in what Putin says, or Donald got his haircut, Hillary bought a new laptop...or Weiner sent out more pictures of his wei--r...you get it.

ATS may soon be referred to as About Terrible Subjects.....

edit on 15-11-2016 by mysterioustranger because: spl

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect

originally posted by: brace22 So nutjobs like me can go back to talking about moon bases and secret weapons from aliens?

While we are at it, tell me what you think this is:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Still viewing but jeez did you really have say beings that have no idea about symmetry?
I would be more inclined to think beings who don't care about symmetry but that's just me.

And i totally understand the hijacking of top/most popular/current spot by *Shush* politics and it's kinda of a irritation to me too. ATS is still here but it's spirit temporarily frozen. I've been a member on and off for many years and when not a member i would occasionally peruse and fascinating things would be discussed.
And even if you do look at other forums not as many threads posted long lags between replies.
I've come to regret a little becoming a member again at this time of craziness. I'll admit i have been a little a$$y towards some posts but no name calling just IMHO logical pointing out plus a little humor (hopefully?)
It's kind of like passing by the scene of an accident near your house you look and wonder but then more firetrucks ambulances and patrol cars and for some people ya just gotta go back and look some more and as the scene seems to get worse more people come taka a peek and maybe stay around and i am totally guilty just my nature. Now where the heck are those black helicopters when you need them?

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
That's why I'm in favor of bringing back P(olitical)TS. Not fully interesting in the political bickering that comes with the political threads but that's where the conversation is apparently. Though, not seeing a separate site happening due to the majority of the subjects being political this season as well as the streamlined site.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I've been back for a long while now, currently just reading, but to be honest, this place is hardly alluring right now with all the

-Trump is the love of my life

-He's actaully not a sexual predator

-He's going to save the world

-OMG he almost makes me orgasm, no homo

topics.

Please! I thought it'd be over after the elections but nope! And during the election season this site was hardly worth visiting anyway. I have to strain my eyes to find anything among the Recent Posts about Aliens/UFO, History, Cryptozoology, Paranormal, Ancient Civilizations, General Conspiracies, etc... as in, all the good, fun and interesting stuff. This place could just be called ''American Politics Madness''.

I could just as well log on Reddit and visit The_Donald or something.

edit on 18-11-2016 by Pitou because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

It's the old story of if I don't want to watch a show on TV, don't turn to that channel. Same applies here IMO.

Just go here to the Forum List and click on the Forum relevant to what you are interested in, click on it and voilà, you just see topics in that Forum. It could not be much simpler.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I hate politics...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That said, unfortunately I believe the most compelling conspiracies and conspiracy theories of our time are within the current and recent realm of politics. Moving it off of a site known for conspiracies, conspiracy theories, speculative and alternative discussion forums would make ATS a dull and boring place.

Deny ignorance?

When political discussions and topics are segregated, censored or removed that leaves the possibility of people becoming uninformed, that can lead to some dangerous people seizing power. It is also dangerous having a forum that is biased and controlling content in favor of political leaning, censorship, banning etc.

Politics are here to stay, as much as I hate it, I wouldn't want it any other way.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

IMO it's different. You aren't a tv receiving a lot of different, unrelated channels, you are 1 channel and there's now an overwhelming amount of 1 type of show.

To get back to ATS:

Sure, I could read the forums one by one, but I can still find it a shame that ATS has become so much about American politics. On a conspiracy forum, it'd be great if there'd be more actual conspiracy stuff among the Recent Topics. I can and will adjust, but it's still annoying and I'd support the idea of a seperate forum. (just like the ''off topic'' button)
edit on 18-11-2016 by Pitou because: added quotation marks

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
As stated before me, we tried that. Although, I do agree somewhat. That's why I think more threads should be moved to the mudpit.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pitou
a reply to: Blaine91555

IMO it's different. You aren't a tv receiving a lot of different, unrelated channels, you are 1 channel and there's now an overwhelming amount of 1 type of show.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I'm not ATS, please note the effort I undertook to make it clear that was my personal opinion.

I disagree. Each Forum is it's own channel, conveniently located on a page that acts like a channel guide if a person chooses to use it that way. If a person chooses not to use the tools provided, that's their problem.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Pitou

We don't "receive" anything but that which our members choose to share with the world, that's all we've ever been.

Blaine is absolutely correct, we have the multitude of forums for them to share their thoughts in a (you guessed it) multitude of topics.

Hope that clears things up a little.

edit on 11-18-2016 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Just hang in there ole buddy !!!

2017 (5777) is going to be a year to remember.

After all that has happened, as well as all that may be coming..........
It brings to mind a story about a shepherd boy, a giant and a rock.

Buck
edit on 18-11-2016 by flatbush71 because: Too damned old to get it right the first time

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Using the forums link at the top is the best way to go directly to content that interests you.

One suggestion for admin - perhaps there might be a way to allow users to tag their preferred forums, then have their recent view show only threads from their preferred forums?

However, I think that would be a drawback. Personally, I often see interesting topics in the recent list that originated in forums that I might never have intentionally wandered into. I find that it expands my horizons.

I think that many of the threads that are political do involve conspiracies. In order to understand the world, we have to pay attention to everything that is going on. Politics can sometimes seem like a banal subject, when it reality it is a complicated wheel weaving our past, present and future.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
How about just convert ATS fully over into a political news/discussion site, and then create a brand new, smaller conspiracy website/forum?

Kind of do the reverse of what the first post said.

It seems that politics is what is drawing the bulk of traffic here. Give the people what they want?
edit on 20-11-2016 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Yes, actually. It COULD be easier (and it was)

Remember when you had the little icon on the "recent" feed that showed up next to the thread's forum? Clicking that icon would allow you block seeing threads from that topic appear on the "recent" list.

Much much easier than wading through each forum of interest.
edit on 22-11-2016 by TXRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Hi everyone. Sorry for late reply. I suffered a family loss immediately after posting this. So my time here has been limited and not long enough to post!!

I appreciate everything said, and I do understand how to use the Forums tab. Thank you for the response.

The only issue with using the forums tab is that there isnt much content going into all THOSE tabs, it's very saturated IMHO however, the owners need to cater for everybody I guess

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
We should call it, "Buried in horse S*%T"

posted on Nov, 28 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Sorry for your loss my man.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join