It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A theory about Paranormal and UFO Phenomenon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Just an idea I had.

What if some paranormal events that happen (doors shutting, objects disappearing, things breaking etc) are us or a version of us from the future influencing the trajectory of our life through the butterfly effect? It may not seem like much at the time but what if these small events lead us to an overall different version of our life?

Maybe this could tie in to UFO's as well. Maybe its the same thing that UFO's spring from and the reason we see them as similar? For whatever unknown purpose, these experiences and events happen to some of us. Are our lives different than they would have been after we have one of these experiences?

For me my life was, and this brings me to another point about UFO encounters that's always bugged me. Why is it that some people just don't seem to "see" or understand the significance of what they're seeing while they're seeing it?

The first time I noticed it was the second time I saw the big gray triangle. Some friends were taking me home and it was late at night and as we're driving down my really long gravel driveway there it is just hanging in the sky in front of us. I point it out, and no one seems to really care, they're kind of just blanked out. So I make them stop the car, we get out, we're sitting there staring right at it, and they still don't get it. So I start explaining the ramifications of what we're seeing, and it's like I'm talking to a brick wall. We watch it for a bit, then they drop me off.

How this ties in with what I said earlier is that maybe they aren't "seeing" it like I am because it's not meant to have that effect on them. Maybe they have their own weird experiences they may or may not tell to other people that effects them in a similar way and their life is different?

A lot of maybes and what if's.
edit on 15-11-2016 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Interesting and not to be glib, but my favorite quote: "Who the hell knows?"

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1TruthTeller

Interesting and not to be glib, but my favorite quote: "Who the hell knows?"

Very true

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
okay interesting
let me think about it

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Who knows. I do not recall ever hiding my keys to change my past so that hasn't happened to me as of yet. I'm sure if we do get some sort of time travel we will skrew up things right good. I do know that I would swear the Terrorists Van in Back To The Future was a Toyota Something or another with the weird Sun Roof NOT a VW HippyWagon, so I don't feel qualified to discuss it much further. We live in a very real very strange place right now. Seems like we are all living a bad 90's Hollywood Blockbuster.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

If I recall, when natives of the deep amazon were first contacted, much of the things the "moderns" were waving around, were mostly or completely ignored, or even "invisible".

Everyone walks around in a semi-daze, controlled by the events of their life, which is different for everyone.

That said, I have extensive theories about this very thing, and often discuss it in threads.

;-)

Kev

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

If I recall, when natives of the deep amazon were first contacted, much of the things the "moderns" were waving around, were mostly or completely ignored, or even "invisible".

Everyone walks around in a semi-daze, controlled by the events of their life, which is different for everyone.

That said, I have extensive theories about this very thing, and often discuss it in threads.

;-)

Kev

I read that as well and it always stuck with me. I can't help but wonder if there's entire structures around us we can't see because of our perceptive model.

Maybe our doors of perception open at random sometime and give us a glimpse of something walking by?

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

In my view, sometimes humans receive (metaphor here) an "EM pulse" and their brains are able to decode it.
Since in my view, the Universe is absolutely packed with sentient energy civilizations, that means sometimes we 'receive the signals' and our pattern-matching, hungry brains build a picture based on the signal.

This is just one way to describe the process.. a rather generic one.

I think that it takes a certain kind of brain/body to sometimes "receive signals", and people who WANT to perceive in that way, are much more likely to do so.

If someone only wants sex, drugs and rock and roll (or whatever), they may be completley oblivious.

Nice that you have also read that Amazon reference. I like it when people read and study!

Kev

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

In my view, sometimes humans receive (metaphor here) an "EM pulse" and their brains are able to decode it.
Since in my view, the Universe is absolutely packed with sentient energy civilizations, that means sometimes we 'receive the signals' and our pattern-matching, hungry brains build a picture based on the signal.

This is just one way to describe the process.. a rather generic one.

I think that it takes a certain kind of brain/body to sometimes "receive signals", and people who WANT to perceive in that way, are much more likely to do so.

If someone only wants sex, drugs and rock and roll (or whatever), they may be completley oblivious.

Nice that you have also read that Amazon reference. I like it when people read and study!

Kev

I've never thought about people being "receivers" like that. Maybe we're picking up some kind of inter-brain alien tv channel and having random scenes thrown out in front of us?
(:

That's an interesting theory. It would also explain how some people seem to be catalysts for these type of phenomenon.

I wonder would our minds be powerful enough to physically manifest something like Bigfoot, or a dogman, or some of the weirder type of encounters? I guess what I'm trying to get at is some kind of unifying theory of weirdness haha.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I've been working on that unified theory of weirdness for decades. Read some of my posts and/or blog to perhaps get some new ideas.

Keep thinking!

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I've been working on that unified theory of weirdness for decades. Read some of my posts and/or blog to perhaps get some new ideas.

Keep thinking!

Right on I'll check them out.

top topics

join