It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Seven Days Ago was Election Day.. What Were You Feeling At This Moment.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
I think at about this time I was getting nervous that the Florida panhandle votes were not going to go Trump's way. If they didn't show, it was probably all over.

I remember thinking that too. But when I saw that Alabama and Mississippi was awarded to Trump, it was pretty much assured that Pensacola, Panama City, etc. were full-on for the Donald.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I had a "premonition" HRC was going to go out losing, yet it was
hard to trust. Rather than lean into it with gutsy confidence
I prayed that day, as I had been doing for months, joining
in spirit with others I know who were doing the same thing.

Having voted early, I worked all day with an unusual energy.

When the workday came to a close, I felt really uplifted,
yet still was praying, and then switched on the election
results. As they started pouring in, so many states were
coming in for Trump, I could just feel it then. He was
going to hand her back her coronation, and stand in
the way of many people who had lied, schemed,
and cheated for years and decades to foist that
corrupt, crooked dog of a candidate upon the America
people. State after state came in for Trump, and
we all began to celebrate as if someone had stopped
a nuclear incoming with a change in the codes.

When Podesta came out instead of her we knew she
was lost and would concede! And so...we kept celebrating
late into the night, hooting and dancing and hollering,
just like the traders did on the floor of the NYSE the next
morning, when she finally hauled her sorry a** on stage.

USA!

USA!

USA!

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I was optimistic all day.

Come poll closing, I was waiting on Florida to be called to go to sleep. I wasn't going to move until Florida was called. I felt like the final polls were bullsnip, I had been saying Trump was going to win and I wasn't about to change my mind at the last second. When they started saying Florida's Miami votes would turn the state blue, I thought, "They haven't been right about anything yet why would they be right about that".

Florida went to Trump, I relaxed but couldn't sleep. After Podesta said go to go home, I knew Trump had won and I went to bed.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I was in line to vote before the polls opened in the morning.

After working all day, I was watching TV and online all night watching every result come in.
And praying all night.

When it started to seem like Trump might win, I was afraid to believe it, because the disappointment would be worse if I got my hopes up.

I tried sooo hard to stay awake. I fell asleep when PA was literally tied - fell asleep with the laptop and TV still on.

At about 5:15 I started to wake up, and the sounds from the TV started drifting into my consciousness, then I heard "President Trump".
I jumped up and got right on-line to make sure I was not hearing things.

Then I texted a few people with messages that pretty much looked like this:

And I realized that this was the first day of a new beginning for our country.

edit on 11/15/16 by BlueAjah because: eta

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Shock followed by joy that Hillary didnt win, then immediately oh Crap trump is POTUS.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Surprise that she who shall not be named ever again hadn't won, or been gifted with a "win".

...and disappointment that they both couldn't lose.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
By this time last week, 11:40pm CST, I was SO HAPPY...and my brainy school-teacher wife was so UPSET.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Hillary disappeared Tuesday night without saying a word. Podesta told everyone to go home. I suspected that Hillary was going to stay up all night calling in favors and making threats.

Upon awakening Wednesday morning, I rushed to the computer to if she had managed to steal the election. With great relief, I saw that Donald Trump's victory was even more solid.

I had no idea that the Democrats were such sore losers though! But, one reporter did say over this past week that George Bush's limo was pelted with eggs, and there were lots of protesters, on Inauguration Day in 2001. He didn't get out an walk, like Barack Obama at his Inauguration. I wonder if Donald Trump will?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The day of the election, I was cautiously optimistic that Trump was going to pull off the upset. The polls were showing Hillary with small, consistent leads, but at the same time, they were also consistently showing her stuck in that 45% area both nationally and in many 'battleground states' that's usually a danger zone for an incumbent or incumbent party candidate. Add in the obvious enthusiasm gap between the candidates' supporters and I thought he had a realistic chance...and sure enough, he did.

I'm still a bit stunned at how it happened. I went from cautiously optimistic throughout the day, to resigned to a loss by 7pm CST as the early vote came in, to watching the whole thing flip on its head as the actual election day vote came in very strongly for Trump and by 9PM, I was pretty confident that victory had been secured. Still, I stayed awake until it was announced that she had called Trump to concede, just to be sure.

In the end, what I felt was an immense sense of relief. All along, I've felt as though this was the most important election of our lifetimes and that Hillary was an absolutely awful candidate, especially for those of us who value constitutional rights and individual freedoms. I'm not 100% sold on Trump, but I also couldn't be happier that he won and that this country doesn't have to suffer through a Hillary presidency.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join