It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Sunk WW2 Shipwreck Ships Missing....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Heads need to roll over this and a trade embargo on what ever country involved , this is no different than a bull-dozer tearing up a cemetry of WW2 graves to make a car park

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Just did a little more digging, it seem's there was something similar which happened to some WW1 site's also designated war graves in the north sea the stretch of relatively shallow atlantic north of Britain.

The culprit's in that case it seem's were non other than a DUTCH salvage company.
thepipeline.info...
I wonder if such a mercenary outfit may have also been behind this case, the ready market of China and other asian country's including india are near enough for them to make a quick turn around on such a mission if they were the criminals involved, I wonder were they were operating relatively recently?.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
There is one problem with these sunk warships.
There are in many cases tons of unstable explosives on them.

I hope these illegal ship wreakers just happen to find some of the unstable explosives and there ship joins the wreckage on the bottom.

2000 lb of explosive on the bottom is just like a anti ship mine and it going off will take the bottom out of the ship breaker.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I'm sorry to learn that HMS Exeter has now been completely destroyed by metal salvagers.

I, like many post war British children, was brought up on the tale of Ajax, Achilles and Exeter & their daring exploits during the Battle of the River Plate.

How men can sleep at night knowing they've disturbed a naval grave is beyond my understanding.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Maybe all the Indonesian drug addicts scrapped them for drug money.....that's usually what happens to any scrap metal that's not closely guarded

ETA. I had only read the OP at the time I posted....I was only making a bad joke...but now I see that the ships may have actually fallen into the hands of salvage crews.
edit on 16-11-2016 by HarryJoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ressiv
2 dutch cruisers of the dutch sunk fleet in the Java sea battle 1942 are missing ....?????????!!!!!

Well, maybe "missing-ish." I find it hard to imagine that the various undersea imaging constantly being done by spy satellites to track U.S. and Russian subs hasn't at some point found and noted where all the crashed war planes and ships are. Maybe they don't know exactly which ships they are, but they know something big and metal is sitting on the bottom of the ocean at a particular spot.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ressiv

There is a market for steel that was forged prior to the first atomic explosion because all steel forged afterwards picks up some kind of impurities from the air during the process that makes it unusable for certain sensitive applications.

Things like gyroscopes for space travel etc..

I remember watching a documentary about how they research, locate and salvage many WWII vessels that were sunk prior to the first atomic bomb test.

It's possible that this vessel may have been salvaged for that purpose.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join