It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bullying/'Year of Trump'/ Descibed by Fox anchor Megyn Kelly

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Megan said Trump was agitated before the first debate because he learned she may ask him about his ex-wife's claim that he raped her.

After a Kelly file episode Megan outed the rape from court divorce papers and Trump threatened her with a twitter war. But he didn't do that til after the first debate, when Megan treated him poorly.

Trump made a number of unfavorable social media post about Megan after the debate. This took 2 months to work toward a meeting that ironed all the bad feeling out.

Megan said they are in a better place now, and Trump can let things go, she now has proof of that.

Is Megan just being nice, Trump as POTUS is a good friend to have?

NEW YORK — Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly said she thinks Donald Trump was agitated before the first GOP primary debate not because he’d learned she was going to confront him about his insulting descriptions of women but because he suspected she’d ask about his first wife’s claim that he’d raped her.

In her new memoir, Settle for More, Kelly describes how an unexpectedly anxious Trump complained to Fox News executives last year about what she’d do as a moderator of the debate. The questions Kelly and her colleagues planned to ask the candidates were secret. She wrote that days before the debate, Trump called Fox “in an attempt to rein me in. … He said he had ‘heard’ that my first question was a very pointed question directed at him." Kelly’s first question was in fact for Trump and about his treatment and descriptions of women. She wondered, she wrote, “How could he know that?"

In an exclusive interview Monday with USA TODAY — one in which she discussed what she called her "Year of Trump'' and her stand against former Fox News chief Roger Ailes — Kelly said she did not believe her question leaked to Trump beforehand. “I don’t think he had any idea," she said. “What I think he was worried about was his divorce from Ivana Trump. … He was afraid I was going to bring that up."

A few weeks before the debate, Kelly devoted a segment of her program, The Kelly File, to an interview with the author of a report on The Daily Beast website. It said Ivana Trump had sworn in divorce papers a quarter-century earlier that Trump had raped her — an accusation she later retracted. Kelly said that after the segment aired, an angry Trump called and told her that “I almost unleashed my beautiful Twitter account on you, and I still may."

It was a threat on which he soon made good.

The author's Year of Trump began with her now famous question to Trump about whether his history with women would be fodder for Hillary Clinton’s claims that he was part of a “war on women."

It exploded with Trump’s insinuation that Kelly was hostile to him in the debate because she was menstruating and continued until the following April, when the two met in Trump’s office. By that time, Kelly said, she was weary of the abuse prompted by Trump’s string of insulting social media posts. In the interview, Kelly declined to comment on what she said or did at her Trump Tower meeting to get him to stop.

Donald Trump speaks to moderators Bret Baier, Megyn

Donald Trump speaks to moderators Bret Baier, Megyn Kelly and Chris Wallace during the first Republican presidential debate Aug. 6, 2015, in Cleveland. (Photo: John Minchillo, AP)

But as a result of the meeting, she said, “Trump and I are in a better place now. We left things on a good note. He’s never come after me the way he had. … Even though he held onto his anger toward me like a dog with a bone, he does have the ability to let things go. He proved that."

Readers of Settle for More may not harbor such optimism about the president-elect. That’s because Kelly has written a contemporary Perils of Pauline saga in which a sympathetic heroine fends off the advances — literal and digital — of two villains: Trump and Ailes, who resigned in July under duress.

The latter, an accused serial sexual harasser (who nonetheless furthered our heroine’s career at every turn) gets his just desserts; the former becomes president.

www.usatoday.com...
edit on 15-11-2016 by seasonal because: spacing

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Youn know what.. this american election bring out the true colours of the main stream media.
Lot of journalist prostitutes got caught red handed.

edit on 15-11-2016 by Pandaram because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Not sure what has been going on with Megyn these days.
She's caught in a bad place now...negotiating a $20M contract with FOX while confronted with waning viewership and threatening (as leverage) to go to a failing CNN.

Add her pushing her book at this time...along with Trump winning in a landslide...and the woman must be very discombobulated.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

She wrote that days before the debate, Trump called Fox “in an attempt to rein me in. … He said he had ‘heard’ that my first question was a very pointed question directed at him." Kelly’s first question was in fact for Trump and about his treatment and descriptions of women. She wondered, she wrote, “How could he know that?"

Hmmm. Someone was feeding Trump potential debate questions?

Interesting.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Pandaram

Youn know what.. this american election bring out the true colours of the main stream media. Lot of the got caught red handed and people started to pay attention to private bulletins now.

No more Rush, Beck, Hanity or Fox for me. I don't want my news from multi millionaires, who are suspect in their reporting and have a one sided approach.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

newt was right, all kelly could focus on was trump, women and abuse sex. she grabbed at anything that she could about that.
during the election you could tell she wasn't happy about trump being in the lead and that he won.

was she doing the country a service or was she just showboatin. i lean more to showboatin in that she strikes me as a person that is full of herself and will pursue anything that makes her look good.

edit on 15-11-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

In an exclusive interview Monday with USA TODAY — one in which she discussed what she called her "Year of Trump'' and her stand against former Fox News chief Roger Ailes — Kelly said she did not believe her question leaked to Trump beforehand. “I don’t think he had any idea," she said. “What I think he was worried about was his divorce from Ivana Trump. … He was afraid I was going to bring that up."

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

newt was right, all kelly could focus on was trump, women and abuse sex. she grabbed at anything that she could about that.
during the election you could tell she wasn't happy about trump being in the lead and that he won.

was she doing the country a service or was she just showboatin. i lean more to showboatin in that she strikes me as a person that is full of herself and will pursue anything that makes here look good.

Fame, she had to hitch her boat to Trump to get a little slice, her contract is up soon. What better way to get a bargaining chip than to be the victim, then the new best friend of the POTUS?

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Yes, I read that. That's her opinion. That does not mean someone on the Fox team did not give Trump a heads-up.

Actually, that's the most logical possibility considering that Trump "heard" that it was the first question.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

She wrote that days before the debate, Trump called Fox “in an attempt to rein me in. … He said he had ‘heard’ that my first question was a very pointed question directed at him." Kelly’s first question was in fact for Trump and about his treatment and descriptions of women. She wondered, she wrote, “How could he know that?"

Hmmm. Someone was feeding Trump potential debate questions?

Interesting.

Sorry...but no.

Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly has denied that her upcoming memoir suggests Donald Trump was tipped about specific contents of a question she planned to ask him during the first Republican primary debate last year.

www.washingtonpost.com... ce-11e6-ba59-a7d93165c6d4_story.html

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

As a strong Fox news supporter--they have the guts and inclination to go where the other pack will not--I'm not sure that Kelly is as much interested in journalism as she is about carving herself a place high among the Fox personalities. It always bothers me when these personalities start getting outside of the reporter's role and work to get themselves injected into the news simply because they have a achieved a certain amount of status. You can see this ploy by contrasting some of her actions in the last few months with those of her fellow journalist/rival at Fox, Bill O'Reilly.

edit on 15-11-2016 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Sure, she denies it and it may be her covering her ass. But what is the truth? Convenient that Trump "heard" about the questions and contacted Kelly.

If this was a Democrat or Clinton, you guys would be all over this. Why not now?

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

lolololololol
oh really
NOW you have a problem with this type of behavior?
You don't happen to take Seroquel do you?

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

lolololololol
oh really
NOW you have a problem with this type of behavior?
You don't happen to take Seroquel do you?

I wasn't enthused that Clinton was fed some questions.

Is it acceptable to you if Trump was fed questions?

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

lol wasn't enthused that is funny

hope you have the same standard for what constitutes "proof" as you crapped on previous claims of such deeds earlier this year

and no it is in no way acceptable

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Yes, I read that. That's her opinion. That does not mean someone on the Fox team did not give Trump a heads-up.

Actually, that's the most logical possibility considering that Trump "heard" that it was the first question.

Your right, and this is very possible, win at all costs.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I miss Greta.

Tucker has a decent start on his new show, today.

Megan was getting a bit much by letting the hillary surrogates rant about Trump with half hearted objections.

I bet she is not long for Fox.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I wasn't enthused that Clinton was fed some questions.

Is it acceptable to you if Trump was fed questions?

No of course not.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
As far as I've seen, Fox is the only network broadcasting on TV that gives Trump a fair chance to be viewed favorably AND unfavorably.
I've tried CNN, MSNBC , NPR etc. only to be sickened by their endless psychotic harping and one sided views.

Not all Fox commentators are pro-Trump, but at the same time don't go out of their way to make up news to prove it also.

If you watch the programing time slots starting with Brett Baier thru Bill O'Reilly, Kelly, and on to Hannity you'll see various degrees from speculation to adoration......BUT ABSOLUTELY NO VITRIOL

Megan Kelly seems to be an oddity,,a believer in a political party yet to be defined....Perhaps there is a new Narcissist Party in the making, who knows.
I DO know the egos of reporters shamelessly on display shown by the constant O'Reilly, Megan Kelly,Gingrich book promos are getting out of hand and need to be toned way down.
Perhaps one day there will be a optimistic style news show that ACTUALLY JUST REPORTS NOT ADVISES

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

After a Kelly file episode Megan outed the rape from court divorce papers and Trump threatened her with a twitter war.

That is not truth. Megyn Kelly (you should spell her name right) interviewed the author of a published article that exposed court transcripts and the rape accusation.

The Kelly File, to an interview with the author of a report on The Daily Beast website. It said Ivana Trump had sworn in divorce papers a quarter-century earlier that Trump had raped her — an accusation she later retracted. Kelly said that after the segment aired, an angry Trump called and told her that “I almost unleashed my beautiful Twitter account on you, and I still may."
www.usatoday.com...

Donald Trump then offered Kelly bribes to create a favorable narrative, which she declined, before lodging his Twitter war.

<<   2 >>

join