It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump deportation wave may lead to increased joblessness, violence, income loss for Mexico

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

MEXICO CITY (AP) — Mexico is starting to seriously contemplate the possibility that millions of its migrants could be deported, and the picture is not pretty.

Under proposals put forward by President-elect Donald Trump, Mexico could see millions of people streaming back with no jobs available; the country might lose some of the billions of dollars in remittances sent home annually; and some jobless deportees could swell the ranks of drug cartels, sparking more violence.

Gov. Hector Astudillo of the southern state of Guerrero considered the possible scenario over the weekend. At least a million Guerrero residents live in the United States, many without proper documents, and the state is already reeling from drug gang violence and poverty.
SOURCE

Trump's being attacked from the establishment on all sides. I ask once again...

Can anyone explain why they believe that it doesn't matter who's POTUS?

What we're seeing already concerning a Trump presidency is something out of a Twilight Zone episode. Mexico is trying to make people sympathetic concerning their bad luck at possibly having to take their criminals back from the U.S.

I couldn't have imagined something like this a week ago. What will things look like a year from now?
edit on 15-11-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion
How can this be?
If we send their best and brightest back, Mexico should be thriving.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Dear Mexico,

You reap what you sow.

Respectfully,

Eluryh22

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Redacted
edit on 15-11-2016 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Trump's job is to worry about America and create jobs there....Mexico is not his problem.
The illegals who fled Mexico,I feel for but,maybe Mexico should make Mexico great.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I love how everyone who has been knowingly taking advantage of and benefiting from the lackadaisical policies of the Obama administration for the past 8 years, is all of sudden crying foul and feeling the threat of the actual rule of law coming back into their reality. A rule of law that benefits the American tax payer... boohoo, how racist.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Tough sh**.
They're gettiing our jobs and now they want to whine they don't get enough of our money? Let these companies hire the ones that get deported.

www.ama50.com...

Despite Government; State Aid, Carrier Closing Indiana Plant

Nabisco Will Now Make Oreo Cookies South of the Border

Ford To Build $1 Billion Factory In Mexico

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I listened to a report on NPR about this topic. Lots of jobs in Mexico. They don't want those jobs! They want to come to the US and earn more. Many of them work seasonal jobs in the US then go back home and chill out with their coin.

The cartels play a factor as well. If both parents are working in Mexico say at a factory working long hours, the cartels prey on their children and neighbors. That is where the violence come from. Mexican Government is also corrupt as hell. They could stop the cartels if they wanted it stopped but that is a source of revenue so it creates the problem we have now.

The main problem is the cartels. Not Trump's deportation policies.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

I have no problem with mexicans or with mexico at all. That goes for any peaceful immigrants from any part of the world. However, illegal immigration is illegal and very dangerous for the people who are rightful citizens of this country. I am happy to hear that this problem is finally being addressed, and i am hopeful when i hear that they are considering streamlining the process of legal immigration. Whoever gets deported back to their country of origin, could get a fast and legal means of returning on the right path. I think that is an even better deal for them than living out there lives here as illegal citizens living at the bottom of our society.

Perhaps we could forgo the actual deportation process if they come forward and register themselves and get into the program. The logistics of rounding up 2-3 million people is mind staggering. The problems it could cause for mexico are not to be ignored either.

Their best and brightest have decided to put their efforts into building drug cartels. Which can't even build their own guns and chainsaws. They have to get them from obama.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Can anyone explain why they believe that it doesn't matter who's POTUS?

Because, for the issue of immigration, it is been made clear that mega corp Agro and Livestock utilize that undocumented labor to save on taxes, insurance and above all wages. The gubment is fully aware of the situation and conspires with the corporations to make sure deportation doesn't rock the production boat. They will never willingly dump that enormous profit margin they procure from undocumented workers, no matter who sits in the Oval office.

From the film, Food, Inc...

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Trump already said he would deport 2-3 million illegals with criminal records and would wait on the rest
on the other hand nobody peeps a sound on Obama's deporting more than any previous POTUS:

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Why should we be worry about it ?

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
Trump already said he would deport 2-3 million illegals with criminal records and would wait on the rest
on the other hand nobody peeps a sound on Obama's deporting more than any previous POTUS:

abcnews.go.com...

They are all criminals. That is what illegal means, breaking the law. Obama fudged the numbers so BS on that one. He was counting people turned away at the border as being deported. BS. Deported means catching them living here for an extended time and then forcing them to leave. Obama didn't deport hardly anyone. All he did was play around with the definition of deportation.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
Trump deportation wave may lead to increased joblessness, violence, income loss for Mexico

It's called doing what's best for the country that he was elected to lead.

If Mexico is so nervous about getting back their citizenry from the United States because it might cause an economic disaster, one might have to consider that their government may have been either complicit in or an active participant of said illegal migration to the U.S. in the first place, in order to better their economy.

I'm skeptical that deporting millions of illegal immigrants from the U.S. will be as easily accomplished as it is being made to seem. The raid on the factory in "Born in East L.A." comes to mind.
edit on 15-11-2016 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Yep gonna be a lot of overgrown yards and dirty houses come summer. Good time to start a business and pay real wages to hard working Americans.

There are hard working Americans right?

Maybe that's why California wants to secede and I guess Texas will be jumping onto that bandwagon as well.

One good point is maybe more Mexis will come up here and work seeing as the kids all seem to be lazy and consider hard work unworthy of their consideration.

Yeah TFW part deux (I love cheap labour)

Yes this entire post is sarcasm (mostly)!

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Coming home to roost.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: LifeMode

originally posted by: manuelram16

abcnews.go.com...

Obama didn't deport hardly anyone

Yea Right!

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
The reason Mexico never has to change or solve its very serious problems is because the U.S. acts as a release valve for its surplus population. Maybe when the release valve is no longer there Mexico will have to implement true reform?

Sal

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Why won't everyone that's deported just come right back? Like so many have done 4-5 times? If you deport everyone before the wall is up, what's the point of the wall in the first place?

Sounds like perfect Trump-thinking to me

<<   2 >>

join