It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden Subterranean Psychedelic Temple Complex In Italy With Pictures

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+44 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
TIL that there is a hidden psychedelic temple complex that was hand dug in a series of tunnels in the foothills of the Alps in northern Italy. It's called the Temples of Humankind and it was built by Federation of Damanhur. I'm going to get a little lazy here friends as I just finished a rather long thread about The 200 Year-Old Mystery of the Grave of the Female Stranger

I don't know anything about these folks of course other than they get props for this unless of course they turn out to be pure evil. I do however know that I've always been a sucker for structures like this built in a wildly inspired outpouring of creativity.

Wikipedia

The Temples of Humankind are a collection of subterranean temples buried 30 metres (100 ft) underground built by the Federation of Damanhur. They are decorated in several motifs stressing peaceful human collaboration. The Temples are located in the foothills of the Alps in northern Italy, 50 kilometres (30 mi) from Turin, in the valley of Valchiusella.

The temples were created under the direction of Oberto Airaudi who, having claimed visions of ancient temples at age 10 from a previous life, began excavation and building in August 1978. By 1991 most of the chambers were reportedly complete when Italian police, acting on a tip from villagers, conducted a raid on the Temples. However, since the temples were so well hidden, police were unable to locate them until state prosecutor Bruno Tinti threatened "show us these temples or we will dynamite the entire hillside."[1][2] Eventually the Italian government reportedly gave them retroactive excavation and erection privileges and the Temples are now open to visitors.

Parts of the Temples:

Hall of Water – dedicated to the feminine principle, it is in the shape of a chalice and invites receptivity
Blue Hall – for meditation on social matters and is used as a place of inspiration and reflection
Hall of Earth – dedicated to the masculine principle, to the earth as an element and planet and to past and future reincarnations
Hall of Metals – represents the different ages and developmental stages of humankind and the shadow elements of the human psyche
Labyrinth Hall – showing Interfaith worship through the centuries, uniting different cultures and peoples
Hall of Spheres – positioned where 3 synchronic lines merge, inviting planetary contact and transmission of messages, ideas and dreams to create harmony between nations
Hall of Mirrors – dedicated to the sky, air and light, solar energy, strength and life. There are 4 altars to earth, water, air and fire

YouTube video from Atlas Obscura:

Pictures from the group's Flickr page:

fullsize image
fullsize image
edit on 2016-11-14 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

link   

fullsize image

edit on 2016-11-15 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

link   

With the right lighting and music. I could totally dig hanging out in this place. Assuming they're not really a cult of cannibals. (note, they look like nice people on Flickr). Finally, what brought this to my attention was a post on one of the sites I aggregate from, Ghost Diaries. (I'm 97.5% sure they're not cannibals)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Thank you for sharing another interesting piece.
I believe I've seen this before, but these are photos I haven't seen.

I would love to visit this place one day just to wander around.
I realize they might eat me but hey, that's how I feel everywhere I go these days!

I love the colors and symbolism employed here!

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
WOW!! I don't care who ya' are...this is COOL as hell!!

I'm not into a psychedelic S#, but anyone who could build that, like it or not, is pretty impressive!!

I doubt I'd agree with why they built it, or their ideology, but the workmanship appears to be nearly exquisite!!

ETA...S&F for you!!

edit on 11/15/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
man scotty beam me up! This is where I want to go trippin ballz .. errr discover the secrets of the universe .... admire the ingenuity hehe

This stuff is cool as hell man. Thank you!

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Damn this is some very interesting history that I am completely unaware of.

Steeped in symbolism and sacred geometry these seem to be high level initiates of our infinite consciousness...

Not really getting any kind of dark vibe from this, I do believe that the Dolphins as a center piece of the star tetrahedron could indicate their benevolence, truly fascinating!

S&F

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Dang did not think I had lag at all...

As an afterthought, when they say ancient, exactly when do they believe these were built?

Given their it stunning perfection along with so much of the ancient world, it seems as though there was a global network of cultures that all understood the power of sacred geometry.

Seems the elite have withheld this secret for long enough!
edit on America/ChicagoTuesdayAmerica/Chicago11America/Chicago1130amTuesday12 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Wow! This is absolutely beautiful, so much so I don't have the words to describe. Are they accepting new members?!

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
really that old? very interesting if so. I will save money for a tour.

sort of odd like Pans Labyrinth?

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I did a thread on this years ago... I'm really glad it got brought up again! I think it's very interesting stuff.

Somewhere within the thread I made, there were several responses by someone who is living there.

Edited to add: Down in my signature you will find the link "Temple 100 feet Underground"
edit on 15-11-2016 by angellicview because: Added information

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Far out, man. Reminds me of Alex Grey's Chapel of Sacred Mirrors.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Wow that place is fantastic and I'd love to see it in person, thanks for sharing these pics and story OP

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Simply amazing...

Todays structures cannot hold a candle to structures like this and it is a shame.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Whoa, very groovy.... Looks like a Hippie version of an Egyptian tomb ....Thanks for this

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Fantastic thread there Mr. lazy fellow member.
Seems the founder of this elaboration might have been a renegade member
of some sort of illuminated secret society. When does a person become a
visionary?

When their vision is realized.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terminal1
Todays structures cannot hold a candle to structures like this and it is a shame.

They are 'today's structures', they were completed in 1991.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Terminal1

They are 'today's structures', they were completed in 1991.

Apologies...

I will claim being stunned by the pictures. That is my story and I'm sticking to it.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I'm gonna just say 'bloody el', so that I can come back to this thread later.

That is what I call ART. Not the rubbish which is on display in some "art" Galleries.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

It sure beats spirit cooking, doesn't it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join