It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Obama: Election wasn't about me/Everything is fine

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Obama is sure his policies have helped million, or billions, he is still popular, and he is convinced the election wasn't about him.

He said that jobs have grown for 73 months straight, uninsured is at a low, wages are up, and carbon emissions are down.

Well are the ATS readers feeling all the love that President Obama is talking about?

And was the election a rejection of the Obama legacy?

Sure, the Democrats suffered crushing losses last week, President Barack Obama acknowledged Monday.

But, he argued, it wasn’t any sort of repudiation of his party leadership or presidency.

If Obama has done any second-guessing since President-elect Donald Trump’s shocking victory last week, he didn’t betray any of it during his most extensive set of comments since the election.

In a press conference and in two separate conference calls with supporters, Obama rejected the idea of a bigger meaning in the election results. His policies? Helped millions and maybe even billions. His personal popularity? Still sky-high. His party? Well, he was busy with Syria and the economy – you can’t expect him to do everything.

“We are indisputably in a stronger position today than we were when I came in eight years ago. Jobs have been growing for 73 straight months. Incomes are rising. Poverty is falling. The uninsured rate is at the lowest level on record. Carbon emissions have come down without impinging on our growth,” Obama said during Monday’s press conference, his first since the vote.

“We’ve helped millions of people in this country and probably billions of people around the world,” he added on another call with donors, elected officials and other supporters organized by the Democratic National Committee.

During the campaign, as Trump threatened to undo much of what Obama is most proud of — whether it was tearing up his landmark executive order on carbon limits, reneging on the Iran deal or repealing Obamacare — Obama saw justification to argue repeatedly on the that “our progress is on the ballot.”

www.politico.com...
edit on 14-11-2016 by seasonal because: spacing

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

900+ (I think over 1,000 after this one) Federal, State Seats lost by the Democrats in the last 8 years tells a much different story.

www.politifact.com...

Democrats have lost 910 seats since Obama took office. (You can see the changes in every state here.)

We took a state-by-state look of lost seats from the best source available, the National Conference of State Legislatures. Using the group’s data, we compared the number of Democratic seats in early 2009, when Obama took office, to the number of seats after the 2014 midterms.

The bottom line: Republicans now control about 56 percent of the country’s 7,383 state legislative seats, up 12 percentage points since 2009.

edit on 14-11-2016 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I don't know that it was about him either.

All I want is a Government that puts America first and pays more attention to American Citizens.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Hillary would have insured Obama's legacy.

This election was a repudiation of that.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
LOL

Of course he says this now.

If Hillary had won, it would have been at least 1/2 about him.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
soft on crime.....check
soft on illegal immigrants....check
forced health insurance with premiums spiraling out of control......check
soft on radical Islamic terrorist....check
etc,etc

No, I`m sure that none of his failed policies had anything to do with why the voters rejected another democrat president.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

This election was a repudiation of that.

Some of this election was about that.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Sounds like he's coming to grips , with his severe psychosis , good for him , but still lots of work still to be done , before his release back into society .

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I'd say all of it was.

The populace is unhappy. real unemployment is at 23%
More people on food stamps than any time in history.
Homeless has increased.
Our foreign policy is a mess.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Dude, can you please chill out on the political threads? Every other thread in the 'recent' tab is made by you.

kthx

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
The national debt went from ten to eighteen trillion dollars under Obama.
Bush spent a crap ton but Obama put the pedal to da metal.
He was a failure as a president and the voters said no more democrats.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

All I want is a Government that puts America first and pays more attention to American Citizens.

And that will never happen until we get money out of politics.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Obama has left the Democrat Party in tattered ruins.
No power for them anywhere in sight.
House, no
Senate, no
POTUS, no
SCOTUS, no
States, no

This historical reality will be the final stamp to the Obama legacy forever.

But cheer up Obama fans, he can blame Hillary, which in due time he will.
edit on 14-11-2016 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
What Obama did was create a soundbite that will be used for the 2020 election cycle. he laid out where we are today, and everything he said is quantifiable fact, and now in 4 years if jobs tank, or we are in some wars, etc etc..the dnc can use the footage as a measuring tape to where we were vs are.

History will be the ultimate decider on the Obama presidency. for now it just the right doesn't like him left loves him stuff and neither side is worthy to listen to.

As far as Trump..well, he is gonna be measured based on where the line was drawn as Obama laid out. that's all that was. I seen what he was doing..pretty clever actually. now it is 100% in the repubs hands, lock, stock, and barrel.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Big failure.

Estimates vary, but as many as 29 million Americans ­– about one in 10 – lack coverage. Why is that?

One of the biggest factors is cost, which still hinders many Americans from purchasing insurance. It may seem obvious, but the data shows many of the uninsured can’t afford coverage, even after reforms were passed

Big Fumble-flop

I look forward to the new plan that Trump is putting forward where its basically Obamacare, but without the mandate, but still with pre-existing conditions
that way we can bankrupt the insurance companies almost overnight.

sounds awesome
don't need insurance until the literal day I get diagnosed with something or hit by a car. Pretty sure premiums wont go up that way to about 30k a month per person

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

I think Obama is poison and was toxic for Hillary.

From a blog I like:

Kiss of death Obama campaigned for Hillary in Pennsylvania. Hillary lost Pennsylvania.

Kiss of death Obama campaigned for Hillary in Michigan. Hillary lost Michigan.

Kiss of death Obama campaigned for Hillary in Florida. Hillary lost Florida.

Kiss of death Obama campaigned for Hillary in North Carolina. Hillary lost North Carolina.

Kiss of death Obama campaigned for Hillary in Ohio. Hillary lost Ohio.

Link

His selection by the DNC and his propping-up undermines Democrats' every gripe about every single thing, right now.

edit on 14-11-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I cant speak for anyone else. But for me this election was about two things. 1) Demanding the change that we were promised eight years ago that never appeared. 2) Making sure hillary NEVER gets more power than she already has. I wouldn't trust her with a bucket, a sponge, and the instructions, "Wash my car." There is no way in hell I would put her in the White House.

If the media isn't outright lying, listen to what they 'are' saying. "New unemployment claims are at an all time low." No kidding. There is no one left to fire. "The number of people collecting unemployment has been steadily decreasing." No kidding. Their benefits expired and they dropped out the bottom of the system in poverty. Etc.

This administration has been nothing but a farce. The only way it could ever be considered a win is if your only qualifier is being politically correct. Unfortunately, in the real world, political correctness doesn't work. You cant stand on both feet because that scares Bobby who thinks its too aggressive. You cant stand on your left foot because Billy thinks you are making fun of him. You cant stand on your right foot because Mary is left handed and you are oppressing her. So just learn to #ing hover and hope no one who supports gravity complains...

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Dude, can you please chill out on the political threads? Every other thread in the 'recent' tab is made by you.

Sorry Braw,
I will thread any story I think is interesting. You are more than welcome not to click on it if it is too much to handle.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Of course it was about him! He's just being his usual lying, narcissistic self. If it wasn't about him Hillary could have won this thing easy. The Democrats have lost ground in every single election since he set foot in office and they finally lost it all still denying that Obama is the cloud that's hanging over their party.

It doesn't take much to make a Democratic president popular with the left. It takes a lot to make a Democrat lose an election against a guy like Trump.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join