It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No to Trump? LAPD No help To Trump To deport immigrants/Do Nothing Different

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

He'll fold when they suddenly stop receiving federal funds or grants for things like body cameras.

It's easy to talk big until the guy against whose policies you're speaking out stops giving you an allowance and you can't afford to run your department.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: infolurker

Non Issue, All I have heard so far is deporting criminal illegal aliens. Now if they refuse to do that, cut off their Federal funding.

I want to know why we have an illegal in custody and we let them go. What does it cost to do that all over again?

Deportation costs money and resources. Sometimes (actually many times) we don't have enough space, money, or resources to deport all the people we detain.

I would think Trump is going to have the same question. I completely understand why the police won't pull over and check for citizenship. But if you got the illegal ship'em back to country of origin.

Trump is going to have the same problem because a tough on crime attitude isn't going to magically make more money or prison cells to keep these people. It doesn't fuel airplanes to ship these people across country. It doesn't negotiate pickup points with the country in question. It doesn't research these people's background so we know what country to send them to in the first place. Etc.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Forced marches and Train rides are cheaper to use to deport with. Best thing to do is just stop giving Illegals any sort of help except removal. Cutting off funding to cities who help them. jailing employers who hire them. and refusing western unions or money transfers to mexico(except ones done by american citizens)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Yeah California will 'fold' with no federal funds, as the highest contributor to federal fun...wait a second

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

The only way to force California to exercise existing illegal immigrations laws is to stop all federal funding for immigration to the state, that will do the job in no time at all

Don't what to cooperate, well not more funding.

The federal government has done that to the states all the time.

edit on 15-11-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Seems like the kid gloves will have to come off. I'm sure there will be plenty of wailing and riots.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Trump CAN get rid of the illegals that are gang members just by charging them under the federal RICO laws.
Then there is nothing LAPD can do to stop him.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

Like many comments, I think Trump may cut off the $. This will make people in govt. take it seriously.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join