It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Leading With Strength/Trump and Putin to tackle ISIS/they hold breakthrough talks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Leading from strength, Trump effect is helping Russia and the US talk about tackling ISIS, and I wonder about Syria and the UKraine.
This is excellent news, I get the feeling that Putin and Obama didn't have much in common, stressing the relations.

An association that is a internet group of 40 of the well known internet companies wrote a letter listing their detailed list of priorities, they want to heal the rift that formed over the campaign.

Looks like things are rolling before he is in the WH. Hope it all goes well.

The call is a marked shift in relations between the two countries who have been at loggerheads under the Obama administration.

Trump will take office on January 20, replacing Obama, whose relations with Putin have become tense over various issues including Syria and Ukraine.

The thawing of tensions could have implications for American whistleblower Edward Snowden, who has been in exile in Moscow since stealing US spy details and publishing them online.

It comes as U.S. internet companies including Facebook Inc and Amazon Inc have sent Trump a detailed list of their policy priorities.

These include promoting strong encryption, immigration reform and maintaining liability protections from content that users share on their platforms.

The letter sent today by the Internet Association, a trade group whose 40 members also include Alphabet's Google, Uber and Twitter, represents an early effort to repair the relationship between the technology sector and Trump, who was almost universally disliked and at times denounced in Silicon Valley during the presidential campaign.

www.mirror.co.uk...

www.mirror.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

All the haters hated but I think he will turn out to be one of America's greatest if not the greatset!!

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: brutus61

All the haters hated but I think he will turn out to be one of America's greatest if not the greatset!!

I think there is POTENTIAL for him to become great.

Admittedly I've been abused and neglected and disappointed SO MUCH by characters (or caricatures) that I can't help but be skeptical.

I'm not going to get everything that I want from Trump. I know that and I can accept that. I just want him to preside in a way that roughly resembles the leadership he sold to us.

I think he can...... I hope he will.

Opening the dialog with Russia is a great start. I will concede that.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
i bet Obama is just pissed Trump did more to improve US - Russia relations in a week then he could do in 8 years lol that has to just eat away at him lol Now we just gotta wait to see how far this goes. If the US and Russia can bind the wounds between them enough to calm the middle east and topple OPEC's influence and deathgrip on oil, maybe for once we can explore newer energy without the big oil countries throwing a hissy fit. I'll settle for better relations with Russia though, that would be a damn good start.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: roaland

i bet Obama is just pissed Trump did more to improve US - Russia relations in a week then he could do in 8 years lol that has to just eat away at him lol Now we just gotta wait to see how far this goes. If the US and Russia can bind the wounds between them enough to calm the middle east and topple OPEC's influence and deathgrip on oil, maybe for once we can explore newer energy without the big oil countries throwing a hissy fit. I'll settle for better relations with Russia though, that would be a damn good start.

Obama didn't do much to further the US's image and influence around the globe. His presidency gets a solid E, if I was grading him. We are not in a world war, only because he ran out of time.
We have been hemorrhaging $ since he took command, and it never is going to be enough.

I wonder how much Trump's attitude will change once the office is placed firmly on his shoulder's?
Heavy is the head that wears the crown.

edit on 14-11-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Putin wrassles with bears...and Obama wears mom jeans. Putin knew this fact well. He didn't have to concede anything because he knew Obama was spineless.

That scenario is about to change.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: LeonardChilds

Putin wrassles with bears...and Obama wears mom jeans. Putin knew this fact well. He didn't have to concede anything because he knew Obama was spineless. That scenario is about to change.

I think Obama thought he was going to just knock the POTUS out of the park, it would be easy. Look at the world, it is a mess. Seems like the kids had a few days with out the adults, well the adults come home on Jan. 20th.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: brutus61

I still don't think he's capable of doing the job.

Time will tell.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: roaland
i bet Obama is just pissed Trump did more to improve US - Russia relations in a week then he could do in 8 years.

Don't ya think its a little early to be going there?

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
People are are scared of Russia...I don't get it. I had a graet time there!

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I think he's perfectly capable of doing the job. He started an empire, this one is just bigger...

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

I think he's perfectly capable of doing the job. He started an empire, this one is just bigger...

I think he can "run a deal".

I think this is much different.

Not a slam. Just an honest, logical opinion.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Let's wait and see what happens when NATO becomes the topic. Putin has already said he wants the US to pull NATO back. Trump will face some push back from our Military on that one.

ISIL is easy. NATO is hard.
edit on 14-11-2016 by gpols because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

no.

2nd line.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Well, like you said. Time will tell. For the record, my fiance thinks he could be the antichrist and she quite possibly could be right but if so, it's God's will so I'm not worried.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: gpols

Let's wait and see what happens when NATO becomes the topic. Putin has already said he wants the US to pull NATO back. Trump will face some push back from our Military on that one.

It will be just part of the bargaining, another chip to be played to get what Trump wants.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

another chip to be played to get what Trump wants.

Which is what?

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: gpols

I'm watching

Right now he's a bit overwhelmed, being a good little boy listening to his advisers.

But, always with Trump, what will he do next?

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: gpols

Well I would imagine that Putin and Trump are going to use all the items that are causing friction between the 2 countries as chips. And they will go back and forth til each are satisfied.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Well, like you said. Time will tell. For the record, my fiance thinks he could be the antichrist and she quite possibly could be right but if so, it's God's will so I'm not worried.

If I was religious, I might agree.

But, I have been reading history patterns. Seems to fit.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join