It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racist Outbursts in U.S. in Wake of Trump's Election

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
www.usnews.com...

In the aftermath of Republican firebrand Donald Trump being named president-elect of the United States early Wednesday, reports appeared to surge of hate-fueled taunts and threats hurled by triumphant Trump supporters.

www.usnews.com...

Swastikas and graffiti declaring "Sieg Heil 2016" were reportedly spray-painted in South Philadelphia. "Trump!" was scrawled on the door to a prayer room used by Muslim students at New York University. A gay pride flag was burned in Rochester, New York. And the apparent effigy of a black man was hanged above the entrance to a coffee shop in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, dangling from the end of a rope.

As of Thursday evening, reports of more than 80 such incidents had poured into the Southern Poverty Law Center, which tracks hate crimes.

"When we walked into the office this morning we were inundated," says Heidi Beirich, who directs the Intelligence Project for the center. "You just don't see a day in which 80 or 90 people are reporting terrible things happening to them. That is just really, really rare."

A "frightening number" of the incidents occurred at schools, Beirich adds, an apparent trend corroborated by other civil rights groups and by teachers who also received or witnessed such incidents, from fifth-graders who allegedly chanted "build the wall" at a school in Southern California to high school students in New Jersey who reportedly chanted "10 feet higher" – another reference to the wall Trump has pledged to build along the U.S.-Mexico border – at Latino students.

Legal experts and civil rights activists say it was Trump's rhetoric during the campaign that gave license to language and groups that were once on America's fringe.
"Our community is under siege, and we may be entering an era where our very own existence is an act of civil disobedience" Cristina Jimenez Moreta, executive director and co-founder of immigrant rights group United We Dream, said at a Thursday press conference in the nation's capital.
"These are people who are emboldened by the outcome of the election," Beirich says. "Unfortunately Trump's racist, anti-Semitic, xenophobic, misogynistic language has sanctioned the sort of things Andrew Anglin" – a neo-Nazi Trump supporter who's called for striking fear into Muslims – "is calling for, and this is an environment he absolutely needs to denounce."

I guess the liberal media did all these things

Trump may have opened up hell. He needs to go on national TV and tell these people to stop. Not an interview on a news show.

www.usnews.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Racists were all over America well before Trumps election. You could find them at university campuses and trash liberal media rags decrying the evil of the white man and their fictitious patriarchy.

Yet Obama didn't do anything about them.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
What a bunch of drama queens.

1) Trump looked straight into the camera during his 60 mins interview and told his supporters to stop any racially motivated attacks.

2) You and the rest of the libs continually fail to take any accountability for your side. Beating up girls for supporting Trump. Vandalizing and looting cities/stores across the nation. Threatening numerous citizens and the cops, never mind death threats towards Trump.

But the OP isn't interested in reality.
edit on 14-11-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Racism needs to stop,, but i know it's not going to anytime soon, Trump didn't help with the whole "build a wall"/racial remarks with his election campaign..On the news earlier today UK time he did say the protesters should stop but i dought they will, for now at least.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Many of these supposed incidents have turned out to be hoaxes.

reason.com...

Do you perhaps have videos of pro trump people rioting? How about videos of Pro trump people dragging hillary supporters of Hillary out of cars and beating them, or beating young girls that supported Hillary?

Oh wait, that was all anti trump people doing that stuff!

And look at what your article says which as my article shows may or may not be hoaxes.

A gay pride flagged burned. Um, the anti Trump people burn and tear up hundreds of US flags, so I suppose you feel this is a violent statement to.

Someone wrote Trump on a door, the horror! Anti trump messages including kill whites have been scrawled all over the place in these riots.

And effigy of a black man was hung, oh you mean like the hundreds of Trump effigies that have been burnt?

And many incidents have occurred at schools? You mean those places that teach classes about how evil whiteness is?

This selective outrage is a joke.

Lets trust the establishment media that lied to us all election, lets just shout racism instead of admitting that the people rejected the democrats.

Any remotely objective person can see which side the most vitriol and violence is coming from, but just keep shouting racism and I am sure your party will continue its trend in the next election

edit on 14-11-2016 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Oh yes, Trump supporters are to blame for all the racism in America!

‘Die Whites Die’: Anti-Trump Rioters Vandalize NOLA Monuments

edit on 14-11-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
"Racist Outbursts in U.S. in Wake of Trump's Election"

Not at all.

It has been a thing for along time now.

Its not just a white thing, or a black thing, it's a low educated, moron thing.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

You know Gram.... I lose debates all the time that way. There I am holding my own, laying out facts and numbers and them BOOM!!! They play the race card.... All I can do then is hang my head in defeat... admit i was completely wrong and bow down to their superior intellect.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Source

Donald Trump's victory followed by wave of hate crime attacks against minorities across US - led by his supporters

Police are investigating a wave of alleged hate crimes against Muslims, Hispanic Americans, black people, ethnic minorities and the LGBT community in the wake of the US election.
Attackers professing support for Donald Trump have been accused of numerous attacks in the 24 hours following his shock victory, including death threats, physical assaults and racist graffiti.

Among the incidents is the alleged robbery of a Muslim student at San Diego State University by two men who “made comments about President-elect Donald Trump and the Muslim community”, before stealing her purse, rucksack and car.

Its can get worse because once Trump is president and his vicious words are in many peoples mind confirmation that their hatred is legitimate.

Its just how people think.

Were in trouble folks whether you want to deny it or not

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Racists = The Sky Is Falling . Use it Enough , and Like Chicken Little , People WILL Ignore You Even when it Does Actually Happen . Word To The Wise........

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Disturbing video shows Chicago man beaten as bystanders yell ‘Don’t vote Trump!’

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

This is a false narrative that was perpetuated during the year and half leading up to the election and is continued after the election.

Look to Wikileaks and the reaction of opposing groups during the Presidential rallies for all the evidence you need.

The hatred, violence, and racism was coming from one side and it wasn't and isn't the Republicans.

Open your eyes to what is occurring right in front of you.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zimnydran
a reply to: Grambler

You know Gram.... I lose debates all the time that way. There I am holding my own, laying out facts and numbers and them BOOM!!! They play the race card.... All I can do then is hang my head in defeat... admit i was completely wrong and bow down to their superior intellect.

Let me give you some advice.

First, take an honest and deep reflection of yourself. This sounds cheesy, but I really mean it. If you find that you are a racist, then I suggest that you make it a point to seek out more diverse associates, and get out in the world and realize that there is no one superior race, and that all races have great people and terrible people, and are all unique people.

If you are not racist, then when people attack you with that charge, NEVER back off. Illustrate to them that you will not be called a racist, and if they want to have an honest conversation about facts you will be more than willing, but you will not be shamed into backing off due to personal attacks.

If they still persist with the charge, ignore them and end the discussion, they are not interested in facts. If they want to have a fair discussion then you can continue. But people have been too afraid of this tactic for years now, and its starting to change.

edit on 14-11-2016 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Its not true, white people are so oppresed its crazy, youtube told me. Its blm fault, its obama son, oh those " insert non whites" there animals.
edit on 14-11-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Its not true, white people are so oppresed its crazy, youtube told me. Its blm fault, its obama son, oh those " insert non whites" there animals.

How are posts like this even allowed on ATS?

Is this not political trolling and race baiting?

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule

Lol, i am just repeating the exact same thing trump fans say in every thread, but thanks for your fake outrage.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Racist outbursts? More likely it is trolls exploiting those who are injured by words, or hoaxes perpetrated so that their crusades seem less and less like complete nonsense.

link   

I just assumed he was ignorant, under educated, or just trolling till his bedtime.

link   
Obvious anti-Trump groups are staging false flags in vain.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Lol, i am just repeating the exact same thing trump fans say in every thread, but thanks for your fake outrage.

Imagine your very real outrage if I replaced the word "white" with "black" in your original post.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join