It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump Wants to Keep the Obamacare Pre-Existing Condition Reforms

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Trump recently said the Pre-Existing clause in Obama.Care is a good thing.

Actually he's been saying it for a long time despite the MSM trash.

He also likes the idea of children being able to stay on Parent's polices until 26 years old.

2 different articles have 2 different perspectives...... which one is accurate?

Trump Wants to Keep the Obamacare Pre-Existing Condition Reforms -- He First Said So in February

The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, CBS News and other news outlets have led with headlines over the weekend touting the big news that Donald Trump is willing to keep parts of the Affordable Care Act––notably the pre-existing condition protections and the ability for children up to the age of 26 to stay on their parents policies.

Except this isn’t news.

In May, Trump’s policy advisor told Healthline that a Trump administration would consider keeping the children to age 26 provision.

But look out people, we have other people saying different !!!!
If you have a preexisting health condition, don’t even think about leaving your job

And then there’s his proposal for people with preexisting health conditions.

Trump plans to eliminate this framework and replace it with “high-risk pools,” essentially, a special insurance program for people with expensive preexisting conditions. In theory, high-risk pools can work to provide health coverage with such conditions, but they are an inefficient way to do so. And they have reliably failed when attempted by states.

edit on Nov-14-2016 by xuenchen because: ringabell

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yep, this is good to point out again how the media has lied about these positions, and is now lying again claiming he has reversed them, I guess to try and demoralize his supporters/claim he is untrustworthy.

Best thing to do is trust nothing that comes from the mainstream media.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Trump has a big heart Ive found, through reading up a lot on him over the last year. Keeping the pre existing conditions clause is
for me as is the 26 year old child rider, especially given the high cost of education and lousey jobs market these days.

Good for him. Course the media and far left will make things up to demonize him, just like they destroy property and act out violently of late. Call regular folks racist and Trump evil, all while practising the behavior themselves.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

The pre-condition thing was used mainly to sell the thing and make it look like they were forcing the insurance industry to do something. No one really bitched because it allowed the firms to jack rates up and blame the government. Anyway Trumps just not going to rock the boat to much here even though he and all know dam well most his voters thought the thing would dumped and their new private insurance sky high rates would tide back to a good degree. It was folks that have to pay their own insurance with privet firms that are pissed off here and they voted for him.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

The 26 year old thing is only about one thing.......money. Its bizz not anyones big heart.

edit on 14-11-2016 by Logarock because: n

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

I heard him say both in public......that he would get rid of it and that he would modify it.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
TBH the US health care system has always been a very expensive SNAFU for those who need it.
If Trump wants to fix it he should NATIONALIZE the entire thing....
Including cutting the outrageous costs the semi private system charges.....
But what do you expect?
The whole damn system is a ROCKEFELLER CONSTRUCT......including the doctors colleges and the AMA.....
The med system has been a giant leach that engorged Rockefellers fortune perhaps more than anything else....

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

It was about money when it was set up, however his keeping it shows heart.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

Yep, this is good to point out again how the media has lied about these positions, and is now lying again claiming he has reversed them, I guess to try and demoralize his supporters/claim he is untrustworthy.

Best thing to do is trust nothing that comes from the mainstream media.

Well to be fair there are very few positions he has not reversed course on...

Prosecuting Hillary for one.. what? the day of the election he was saying it, then in his acceptance speech he said "we owe her a great debt for all her amazing service."

If you ignore his crazy statements and focus on policy alone. They are all crazy liberal..except immigration. Bernie sanders liberal,not HRC right leaning democrat liberal.
edit on 14-11-2016 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

I heard him say both in public......that he would get rid of it and that he would modify it.

Yes, he was saying he was going to replace it, but he was always planning on keeping these two clauses in the new version.

I distinctly remember him saying this back in the Republican primary debates.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Yep...Nothing like that 25-26 year old "child" living in the parents basement playing WARCRAFT instead of taking any one of those 1,000's and 1,000's of new jobs Trump's creating and getting their own benefit packages.

One thing is clear. He never had a better idea, and he never understood it to begin with. Its that 180-360 degree turn we're gonna have to get used to now we voted him in....

Just wait. On other issues? Theres more to come...or less...Im guessing less or the same status quo. 'Cant blame him...but you can blame the people that believed in him knowing anything about all the ins and outs of issues and the "promises" he's made to fix 'em..

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Yep...Nothing like that 25-26 year old "child" living in the parents basement playing WARCRAFT instead of taking any one of those 1,000's and 1,000's of new jobs Trump's creating and getting their own benefit packages.

One thing is clear. He never had a better idea, and he never understood it to begin with. Its that 180-360 degree turn we're gonna have to get used to now we voted him in....

Just wait. On other issues? Theres more to come...or less...Im guessing less or the same status quo. 'Cant blame him...but you can blame the people that believed in him knowing anything about all the ins and outs of issues and the "promises" he's made to fix 'em..

I guess you didn't read anything in the thread then. Good luck on your blindfolded adventure.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
If Trump bails on his number one primary promise to put "crooked hillary" in jail; what other promises will he break.

Trump was brilliant in playing his base to win the election.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Doesn't matter what he or anyone says. It only matters what he does.
edit on 14-11-2016 by AntiDoppleganger because: 't'

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Yes, I most certainly did read it. And understand metaphoric, comparative responses may not be understood by all. Thats fine. Blindfolds surely serve no purpose unless your into "Fifty Shades of Grey".

Respectfully speaking...I could borrow yours once you remove them. Thanks for the response. Its all good!

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   

When did he say that before the 60 min interview?

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Everythings negotiable, including Obamas' legacy.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   

I have a feeling that Donald Trump will find ways to greatly reduce health care costs. The way Donald Trump does things, I think he may be able to figure out a way for medicine to "pay for itself". Sounds radical, doesn't it! Just wait and see. I believe there are big changes coming to the American Healthcare System. I think it might become the best healthcare system in the world. By the people, for the people sort of medicine. I think that people will be traveling to America to get healthcare, much like we hear about some Canadians coming here for healthcare. I think Canada could be included in this as well, as long as the PM !!! will agree. Otherwise, MORE Canadians will be coming here for medical care. I predict that if the PM in Canada agrees with what President Trump wants to do, that some people will go to Canada-and some will come here for medical care.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   
People hate that it's called "Obama" care. Trump could do nothing other than call it "Trump Care" and it would have positive results.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
It sounds like they're building up to a big complicated re-make of Obamacare. Sure wish they would just use common sense.

1. Leave ObamaCare as it is.

2. Enable Health Insurance Companies to construct new plans with customization features. Those who are in good health can get these plans. They will be 50%-70% less than Obamacare.

3. Those who are not in good health will be enrolled in Medicare, along with all the 65 and over population.

4. ObamaCare will then be no more than a train wreck, where all passengers escaped unscathed. It can then be hauled off to the scrap yard. (Harry Reid and Nancy Peelowsi should accompany)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join