It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump To Block $/Illegal Immigrants In Chicago Told ‘Always Will Be A Sanctuary City’

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
More Trump effect, Rahm Emanuel is telling illegals Chicago will ALWAYS be a sanctuary city.

Trump has already planned to deport 2-3 million criminal illegal immigrants, and said he would with hold federal funding to cities that don't comply.

There is talk that calls from illegal immigrants to suicide hotlines have increased to 200% since the election.

These are strange times, when cities declare themselves sanctuary cities and the thing they protect is illegal....

A showdown me thinks is on the horizon.

Even as President-elect Donald Trump vows to immediately deport 2 to 3 million undocumented immigrants when he takes office in January, Mayor Rahm Emanuel is reaffirming Chicago’s commitment as a so-called “sanctuary city.”

“To be clear about what Chicago is, it always will be a sanctuary city,” the mayor said Monday.

Emanuel sought to reassure those worried about Trump’s interview on “60 Minutes,” in which he said he plans to immediately deport or incarcerate up to 3 million undocumented immigrants who have criminal records.

“What we are going to do is get the people that are criminal and have criminal records, gang members, drug dealers, where a lot of these people, probably 2 million, it could be even 3 million, we are getting them out of our country or we are going to incarcerate,” Trump said in an interview with CBS’ “60 Minutes” correspondent Lesley Stahl. “But we’re getting them out of our country, they’re here illegally.”

Trump also has promised to block federal funding for sanctuary cities like Chicago.

Laurie Children’s Hospital CEO Patrick Magoon called Trump’s vow a public health crisis, and said undocumented immigrants and their relatives have been making calls to suicide hotlines since the election.

“Calls, which have increased by 200 percent at the state level and 250 percent at the national level,” he said.

Congressman Luis Gutierrez said if Trump revokes President Barack Obama’s executive order shielding more than a million children of undocumented immigrants from deportation, the president-elect would be declaring war on the immigrant community.

chicago.cbslocal.com...
edit on 14-11-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Wait, the people who don't pay their taxes have increased calls to the tax-funded suicide hotline by 200%?
I'm having a hard time feeling the love for them.

Isn't chicago the shining example of what a gun-free zone looks like, with many shootings per day?

Some sanctuary.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Lets call them what they are: Illegal Immigrants!

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Wait, the people who don't pay their taxes have increased calls to the tax-funded suicide hotline by 200%?

Isn't chicago the shining example of what a gun-free zone looks like, with many shootings per day?

Some sanctuary.

I don't understand how this works. It is illegal, and the city says ho well, we are going to do what we want?

Someone should be in chrome handcuffs.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Someone should be in chrome handcuffs.

Rahm Emanuel would be a good start.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Rahm Emanuel has A Lot of " Political Skeletons In his Closet " . Now , with Outgoing President Obama Out of Office , Rahm is " Fair Game for " Exposed Scandal " . His Days as Chicago's Mayor are Numbered .

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
From now on Chicago will be a sanctuary for all illegal citizens, including all those who break the law.
All law abiding citizens will have to move out.

Sounds like a Kurt Russell movie.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

I was gonna say ... they got it wrong. It's not Escape from New York; it's Escape from Chicago!

Can you imagine how long that place will stand on its own if they cut off it's funds? It'll go up like tissue paper soaked in gasoline inside of a month or two.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
This is great news. When Chicago's federal funding gets cut off they'll probably raise the price on a can of soda pop to 8 dollars a can. Lots of coin to be made smuggling soda pop at cut rate prices into the City.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Someone should inform Emanuel that Chicago's own in Obama has deported 2.5M+ illegals who've committed crimes.

Trump still hasn't deported one.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Elected officials that break the law should go to jail, period

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
It's not that hard to get them to comply. Chicago is already dying anyway. Just cut highway funds and they will cave. Cites always do. Start cutting funding and nobody will want to live there. They will have their sanctuary city inside of a septic tank.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Congressman Luis Gutierrez said if Trump revokes President Barack Obama’s executive order shielding more than a million children of undocumented immigrants from deportation, the president-elect would be declaring war on the immigrant community.

LOL

Gutierrez doesn't know the difference between legal and illegal.

But hey, maybe this will cause a flooding into Chicago and they can get them into a FEMA camp all at once.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LifeMode
It's not that hard to get them to comply. Chicago is already dying anyway. Just cut highway funds and they will cave. Cites always do. Start cutting funding and nobody will want to live there. They will have their sanctuary city inside of a septic tank.

They had to hike their taxes sky high just to try to raise enough money to be able to come close to being able to borrow enough to try to cover their budget holes in Illinois. Chicago is a big part of that.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

There is talk that calls from illegal immigrants to suicide hotlines have increased to 200% since the election.

Two things to say about this...

1) At the risk of sounding... whatever... if they are so worried, rather than call some hotline they should call Greyhound and get a ticket to wherever it is they are from and re-enter via legal channels. Then there is nothing at all to worry bout.

2) I hate using the term "the Left" but at the moment I'll use that broad brush. Has the Left lost their minds? It was just a few days ago that someone made a thread saying that calls to suicide hotlines by Hillary supporters have jumped 200%. Have they lost all originality? It's the same old plays from the same old playbook over, and over, and over.

Didn't they learn ANYHING? Watching what was going on during the general election was so predictable (which is why, in part, I suspect it didn't work.

First call him a racist.

Wait, that isn't sticking? Ok, ok. Lets call him a misogynist.

Crap, that didn't work. I know, I know! Lets call him a rapist!

Damn, that didn't work either.

Ok, lets just keep fabricating poll numbers. If we keep saying it enough.... people will believe it. (And believe it, so many people did).

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I wonder if this is why Chicago is on track to be the murder Capitol in the US?? Seems to me the mayor should be worried about all the murders occurring in his city. I know last time I looked there was over 500 murders and out place larger cities like LA. Seems to me he should try to figure out how to reduce the thousands of shooting incidents and the murders occurring.

People are fleeing Chicago in huge numbers I guess that may be why he hopes illegals come there or no one would be left and he'd be out a job who knows.
edit on 11/14/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Didn't he nearly lose to a Hispanic challenger too?

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
A sanctuary for who, people that want to die in a hail of gunfire.

Here is an idea Rahm. Why don't you concern yourself with making the city safe for your current legal residents?

Rahm is more concerned with virtue signaling and appeasing illegal immigrants than the people dying everyday in his city.

Let me take a page out of the lefts handbook.

Methinks that if thousands of white wealthy liberals were being shot in his city every year, he would be more concerned with helping them than he is now when it is poor black people.

edit on 14-11-2016 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

According to Forbes,
"Many who do not file tax returns still have taxes deducted from their pay checks. Out of that $11.64 billion total, undocumented immigrants pay $6.9 billion in sales and excise taxes, $3.6 billion in property taxes and about $1.1 billion in personal income taxes.6 Oct 2016"

Just stick to the illegal immigrant issue.

www.forbes.com...
ed it on 14-11-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Well, the good news is we can just ignore the Federal Government now when we don't like the law. This will be good for the next time we have a liberal President.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join