It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conor McGregor Just Became The Champ Champ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Well well McGregor goes beastmode again, who would've thought? LOL

Video is a great compilation of the # talking and then the beat down that followed.

Good stuff

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Fantastic Video. I had no doubt he was going to win that match. Before this fight I told a friend of mine that Alvarez had problems with Cerrone and McGregor is head and shoulders better than Cerrone in the striking. Everyone said Aldo would get him, he torched Aldo. Everyone was touting how tough Alvarez was and said he would get Conor, Alvarez took more of the same that Aldo received. Both of these men he took the belts from were beasts and he made it look easy. We are watching history in the making. To all the haters, pull up a chair and enjoy one of the most skillful fighters of all time.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Taking 3 separate fights over a 12+month period, none of which are are defending the belt which we all know you will never defend because the weight cut damn near kills you, holding up an entire division all so you can be the first is just rude for a lack of a better non T&C breaking term. The arrogance of both acting like it couldn't have been done by anyone else, (Silva, Penn just to name 2) could have done it (BJ was champ in 2 divisions, only Dana made him vacate his first to fight for second) or that anyone but him enjoys the benefits of that accomplishment is insulting.

Don't get me started on his McCasual fans claiming he is the GOAT because of it. While his in ring style and potential has shot through the roof since the Diaz loss his on stage persona has become an completely out of touch douche bag who went from making amazing jaw dropping predictions about his opponents to only being concerned with flaunting how much money he has and disrespecting anyone and everyone else in the sport. He has become a parody of himself which has turned a lot of actual MMA fans against him, which in the long run won't be quite as lucrative as the "who da fook" crowd that is momentarily paying attention would like everyone to believe. Frankly I don't think his accomplishment of being a 2 division champ is nearly as impressive as the fight against Eddie itself.

Having done my hating, Damn that was an amazing fight!! As much as I did want to see Alvarez beat him for the above mentioned reasons, it was a beautiful thing to watch him make a Champion look like an child. You could tell from the first 60 seconds that Eddie was in big trouble, and he damn well knew it. Frankly he embarrassed him, and I know I am not the only one who thought that was damn near impossible to go down like that.

I do hope he does the right thing and vacates the 145 belt or Dana strips it, because it serves no purpose for him other than Ego which we can tell seems to be a big motivating factor. Not only does it damn near kill him to get down there but he just fights and looks a hell of a lot better at 155.

I truly hope he keeps running his mouth at Tyron and gets his chin pushed in, and I really think he may just out of pride. It seems he as well as a lot of his fans have already forgotten about the first fight with Diaz when he couldn't even go out on his shield and had to tap in a panic, and I think he is biting off more than he can chew there. No matter how much I dislike his public persona he sure as hell knows how to sell a fight and deliver afterwards.

The chair incident at the presser however is just not doing anyone any favors, but mostly just not him. He has my attention but no longer much of my respect. I think he could be an even bigger name, make even more money, and truly go down in history if he knocks the BS off. The best thing I have ever seen was Eddie mentioning how he quit his job and went on welfare to train and Conor finally showed some humility and hung his head.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

Sounds like the McHating is strong in this one. You can't honestly say you would not take both the belts if you were in his shoes. You can't truthfully say you would not sell fights with a big personality if it meant your skills could back it up and carry you to millions. You are only making comments about the showman. His words are purely meant to drive his opponents (and haters) crazy with contempt and jealously. It worked on you, you watched thinking (hoping) Alvarez was going to smash him.

The Diaz rematch says just as much about him as the defeat. He took that first fight against a much taller heavier man on a very short notice and gassed, then was choked out by one of the best BJJ practitioners in the game. Without a second thought took the rematch, AT 170lbs, and beat him. Most people avoid a dog that bites, he came back and bit the dog.

Everyone, including you and I, are entitled to their opinion. I agree with some of the stuff being over the top but over the top is what sells. I sit through the B.S. build up because win or lose I am going to enjoy watching him fight. You can easily pick out things to hate on but when you see it for what it is, it is easier to appreciate his greatness.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Turkenstein

I think calling me a Mchater is pretty immature considering I just claimed he can damn near walk on water inside the ring. I think your enjoyment of his antics says more about you than my dislike of it, but yes as I stated it is obviously showmanship and very effective at that. Maybe I grew up with manners that dissuades me from seeing it as anything entertaining or enviable. I wouldn't act like he has the last year regardless of what kind of money I had or my ability to dominate my opponents in the ring. I like to think it is class, which I don't think he has. I can't say whether he ever had it because I don't know him that well.

I loved Mystic Mac, I loved watching him make predictions and then showing the world exactly what he said he would do. Regardless, I loved and still love watching him fight. I don't like "they should have never given you ni&&as money" Conor that he has been presenting. Your inability or unwillingness to address the meat and potatoes of my argument shows me that you aren't really interested in the well being of the rest of the fighters in the 145 division and now 155, the direction of the UFC as a whole, or just flat out don't know. This isn't the Conor McGregor show no matter how much he wants it to be, and I am not happy about the prospects of it turning into Professional Wrestling.

*edit* I do realize you read the whole post, I just think you are overlooking most of what I am trying to say. The McHater directed at me kind of put me on defensive.
edit on 11/14/2016 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The ufc shouldn't allow him to hold two belts at once.
He cannot possibly defend both belts. He needs to much recovery time between fights.
I think it's a dumb business move my ufc.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Dana already said even before Saturday that he would have to vacate a title, and frankly it will almost certainly be 145 because the weight cut for that is brutal. He hasn't defended the 145 yet after 15 months I think it is, so you are correct that he can't defend them both. Frankly I will be shocked if even his next fight is a title defense for either division. He had been saying prior to 205 that he was most likely taking a year off since Dee was pregnant which will be interesting to see exactly what the details will be. Being that he makes the UFC so much god damned money I would bet that he will vacate 145 and their will be an interim for the 155 during his sabatical.

At one point Conor mentioned that he would be willing to vacate 145 but at the same time was saying "how about we wait till I have both before we talk about it" so who knows if he will be willing after all. As much as the UFC would love to have him sit on both divisions while he is gone I don't think they would want to deal with the mutiny from the 145'ers that would certainly arise. Frankly I think it is BS that he hasn't defended it yet and I know I am not alone, and I truly don't think he has any intention of ever fighting at 145 again and that is why he kept chasing Diaz and 155.

The fact is that the only reason he is a 2 division champ right now is because he is a money making machine and Uncle Dana allowed it for the publicity and the income. He isn't the GOAT, and as good of a fighter as he is there have been others that could have done it in tougher divisions long before Conor was in the UFC but for logical reasons weren't allowed to. Anderson Silva in his prime would have tried and could have done it without a problem. I have seen arguments that he could have even held Welter, Middle, and Light Heavy if he would have been allowed.

**edit** To say it is far from a dumb business decision though. It is a dick business decision, but far from dumb. The UFC is a business first and foremost, and they have become very adept at making money. Especially once Conor entered the scene. If Ronda comes back as strong or stronger than before though, then Conor will lose a lot of the leverage that he has right now. Dana isn't shy in saying that Ronda is a much bigger star than Conor, although I haven't seen any of the numbers recently I am assuming that is starting to skew in a different direction.

Conor isn't the most handsome of men, Ronda is a good looking woman, all sorts of big sponsors, AAA movie roles, and frankly doesn't make a fool of herself every chance she gets. That's not to say I think those things can't change though.
edit on 11/14/2016 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
member he won 2 belts in Cage Warriors and never defended them? my prediction is the UFC will have Conor vs. GSP headline for his next fight. he will also vacate the FW title and Max vs Aldo will fight for the belt. Max will beat Aldo and be the FW champ. Khabib will rag doll Ferguson and then wait for Conor's return to 155 after he get subbed by Gsp. Khabib will be the LW champ by fall 2017.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I dont care how him holding two belts might be prohibitive to the game...(based on individual opinion)

I just care about watching this guy talk, fight and back it up with an asswhooping, and more talk.

He's the best thing to happen to the UFC in the last decade, and Im a huge fan of his style.

PURE ENTERTAINMENT --- thats why I watch. Ill leave the analysis and bickering to the analysts and bickerers.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
That didn't take long for UFC to claim copyright.

edit on 16-11-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Vid got reuploaded for those that didn't get to watch

edit on 21-11-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I just love that shtt!

The dude is on another level!

Not sure if anyone noticed but now NFL players are celebrating by doing the arm swing that Conor brought to the octagon.

Imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

new topics

top topics

join