It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Breaking: Hundreds of anti-Trump Protesters Have Just Stormed a Mall in Portland

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: 123143
The only cure for this constant rioting is to replace gas, tasers, and batons with bullets.

I'm sick of this bulls***.

Sometimes tyranny is a necessary evil.

Well, if all ya'll decide to start shooting, i ain't having anything to do with any of it. This is a stupid thing to fight over.

Im not shooting at stupid kids acting like fools... thats what kids do. Let the law take care of that much. Hell.. thats twisted IMO.

Im not into opening fire on unarmed kids...

Im just not into taking up arms until the cause is just. We have awhile to go before we get there. Hell, my municpal water (as crappy as it is) still works without much fail. I'd say we aren't really that bad off right now. If people don't like the kids being on their lawn....well, welcome to the other side of the mountain. Pull your pants up to your sternum and grab a walker.

Otherwise, if they are your kids....put 'em over your knee. They re being a pain to everyone else.

I have a basket full of golfballs... and I can lob em like a maniac.

Seriously though, Im with you on that. Not the time. Not the crowd. Not the reason. They might be dumbasses, but they are our dumbasses.. fellow Americans and Id have to be pressed pretty darn far to wound them, much less kill. Thats a heavy thing on your score card. Now politicians on the other hand...

I really respect your and furry's and seagulls view on the kids issue. I promise I do!

However, not all of us live in Mayberry, have fall squash festivals and greet each other with cherry pies and a basket of fruit, know what I mean? In some spots the "kids" can be every bit as vicious if not more so than some enemy combatants ive run into over the years and in fact, some of them were.

Like you guys I'm not suggesting that now is the time to start letting the bullets fly ... but from an alternative perspective, I am saying that we shouldn't outright dismiss any potential threat simply because theyre "kids", and frankly, if "kids" start beating on my doors, breaking my windows and vandalizing my property en masse, theyre going to find that maybe they should have brought something other than broom handles to back themselves up. We still have to live in a realists world.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: 123143
The only cure for this constant rioting is to replace gas, tasers, and batons with bullets.

I'm sick of this bulls***.

Sometimes tyranny is a necessary evil.

Well, if all ya'll decide to start shooting, i ain't having anything to do with any of it. This is a stupid thing to fight over.

Im not shooting at stupid kids acting like fools... thats what kids do. Let the law take care of that much. Hell.. thats twisted IMO.

Im not into opening fire on unarmed kids...

Im just not into taking up arms until the cause is just. We have awhile to go before we get there. Hell, my municpal water (as crappy as it is) still works without much fail. I'd say we aren't really that bad off right now. If people don't like the kids being on their lawn....well, welcome to the other side of the mountain. Pull your pants up to your sternum and grab a walker.

Otherwise, if they are your kids....put 'em over your knee. They re being a pain to everyone else.

I have a basket full of golfballs... and I can lob em like a maniac.

Seriously though, Im with you on that. Not the time. Not the crowd. Not the reason. They might be dumbasses, but they are our dumbasses.. fellow Americans and Id have to be pressed pretty darn far to wound them, much less kill. Thats a heavy thing on your score card. Now politicians on the other hand...

I really respect your and furry's and seagulls view on the kids issue. I promise I do!

However, not all of us live in Mayberry, have fall squash festivals and greet each other with cherry pies and a basket of fruit, know what I mean? In some spots the "kids" can be every bit as vicious if not more so than some enemy combatants ive run into over the years and in fact, some of them were.

Like you guys I'm not suggesting that now is the time to start letting the bullets fly ... but from an alternative perspective, I am saying that we shouldn't outright dismiss any potential threat simply because theyre "kids", and frankly, if "kids" start beating on my doors, breaking my windows and vandalizing my property en masse, theyre going to find that maybe they should have brought something other than broom handles to back themselves up. We still have to live in a realists world.

Ever heard of the lovely town of East ST Louis??? I live so close I can spit and hit it. We are here due to base transfer.. but its a rough spot. Im still not opening fire on some idiot kids. I know the threat, trust me. Ive spoekn about the threat on here many times.. and was the victim of violent crime.. but I just refuse to condemn all for the actions of a few... I cant do it. Ive confronted "kids" breaking into my home ( I own a very nice historic home in a historic neighborhood) and they said they were afraid of the cops so they were going to break into my basement.. I had a mossy in my hands ( hubby was overseas) and told them they oughtto be afraid of ME. I dont shy from confrontation, I just insist that its justified before I boogie. I have 3 girls.. alone here in that instance.. and Id have killed them both, I let them walk away because the threat was neutralized. Its NOT always necessary to kill.

Conversely I can be just fine with wiping out an entire country of THEM.. scorched earth man woman child and beast of the field... but these kids and idiots and kid idiots are US.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: lordcomac
How is it that all these kids have this much time to riot?

Oh, right, they don't have jobs...

Wonder how many of them are on welfare.

That is what they are most scared of with a Trump presidency. It has nothing to do with divisive rhetoric (that never existed in the first place). It has to do with the fear and panic at the prospect of actually having to work for a living.

Eleventh star, UK. And it gave me almost the same quiet
satisfaction as slapping a 33rd flag.
The time has come and gone for the snowflakes to revel
in fire retardent political gear.

We just may be re-entering a period of existence where the
Reagan edict of personal responsibility becomes the engine--
instead of tolerance for groups of ne'er-do-wells.

Maybe they're (riotoids) beginning to understand they're
working without a net... and nobody will be around soon to
catch them. Just maybe they're young enough to still be
living with their parents. Hope dad can bail them out...

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantagebut these kids and idiots and kid idiots are US.

I know that.

Yet, threat is threat if it were to come to fruition...if it ever did, I don't know about you, but I wont hesitate to protect myself, my family and my way of life. Besides, things don't have to be so black and white as youre imagining it...I don't know about you, but I certainly never let "Kill" even enter my vocabulary...I don't need to kill to put someone out of commission.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

I used to live on the EAST side of Ft Worth so I could see it.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Mayberry? I've heard my little prison town called many things, but Mayberry was never one of 'em...'til now.

My town is infested by relatives of prison inmates, many of whom should be in prison themselves, many of whom are also gang affiliated--white supremacist, hispanic, black, samoan, and, of course, you've the drug gangs, too.

No, not all kids are angels, this I'm only too aware of, but the point of shooting kids, or even adults who supposedly know better, hasn't come yet, nor, in my not so humble opinion will it ever come. As has been said, they're idiots, but they're idiots operating off of ignorance not evil.

These are kids. With all the idiocy that that title implies. More importantly, they're our kids. It'll be a cold day in Hell before I'll pull, or advocate same, a trigger on 'em for this. That's exactly what Soros and his ilk want. They want a divide. They want animosity. They want blood to be shed. As it plays right into their hands, and helps them construct their version of what the world should be...them on top--unquestioned, and unquestionable.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I know that.

Yet, threat is threat if it were to come to fruition...if it ever did, I don't know about you, but I wont hesitate to protect myself, my family and my way of life. Besides, things don't have to be so black and white as youre imagining it...I don't know about you, but I certainly never let "Kill" even enter my vocabulary...I don't need to kill to put someone out of commission.

Old marines just regroup. LOL! No.. kill is just a word for this side..
Id defend mine and yours.. and theirs...as long as its justified. It has to be justified because its on this soil. This soil means something.

One day Ill tell you about the time I "kidnapped" a gang guys kid brother... kidnap is such a harsh word. I borrowed him aggressively. Some events came about. Now we make time for them at our table at times. Eating together MEANS something. No.. not everything is black and white. I LIVE in the crazy grey areas.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Mayberry? I've heard my little prison town called many things, but Mayberry was never one of 'em...'til now.

My town is infested by relatives of prison inmates, many of whom should be in prison themselves, many of whom are also gang affiliated--white supremacist, hispanic, black, samoan, and, of course, you've the drug gangs, too.

No, not all kids are angels, this I'm only too aware of, but the point of shooting kids, or even adults who supposedly know better, hasn't come yet, nor, in my not so humble opinion will it ever come. As has been said, they're idiots, but they're idiots operating off of ignorance not evil.

These are kids. With all the idiocy that that title implies. More importantly, they're our kids. It'll be a cold day in Hell before I'll pull, or advocate same, a trigger on 'em for this. That's exactly what Soros and his ilk want. They want a divide. They want animosity. They want blood to be shed. As it plays right into their hands, and helps them construct their version of what the world should be...them on top--unquestioned, and unquestionable.

LOL yea, it was a gross irrationalization just to make a point

I agree wholeheartedly that the time hasn't come to be militant, in fact the last thing I want to see is ANOTHER war...had my share.

I will break company with you a little bit though that ALL of them are working off of ignorance and not evil...I doubt highly any of us really know what their mindsets are, at least I know I sure don't and I would be willing to wager that more than a handful are there because they actually DO like violence and DO want to see violence...I mean, honestly just look at a lot of the threads going on around here.... it's almost as though people are chomping at the bit (champing at the bit for you purist grammar Nazis lol) to see violence and destruction.

Long story short (yeah I know I'm too far gone for that) I don't want it, but I'm not afraid to see things for what they could become.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

You know, I think we have a lot in common. I believe in my heart many things that can be found on the left as well as the right. Im a centrist mainly... and both "sides" hate me equally. LOL! I was a young republican in college.. and when I woke up to hte true BS in this govt was right around Gulf 1. You talk about a punch in the gut. Im not always eloquent with the way I say things, I know. My brash delivery and naughty humor aside.. I am sincere when I say I completely love this country.. and my countrymen. Even those that hate me. I may have voted for Trump, but it is because I want to see DC burn down to the foundation.. and we have to start somewhere. I would NEVER by action or inaction allow anyone to be stepped upon. People are afraid for the gays, muslims, for this or that segment of our people. I just wish they knew Im NOT a single person.. there are MANY like me. More than they know. They dont need to tear things up when protesting, and I think the majority dont. I think the majority are simply scared and feel more empowered in large numbers. Rather than doing whats expected.. throw hatred at them.. if others would just extend themselves to those kids/adults and let them know its not going to harm them. It wont be allowed to happen without HUGE rebellion.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I know that.

Id defend mine and yours.. and theirs...as long as its justified. It has to be justified because its on this soil. This soil means something.

One day Ill tell you about the time I "kidnapped" a gang guys kid brother... kidnap is such a harsh word. I borrowed him aggressively. Some events came about. Now we make time for them at our table at times. Eating together MEANS something. No.. not everything is black and white. I LIVE in the crazy grey areas.

Hahahaha wow nice! It actually sounds like a great story...yea after we're done saving the world maybe you can tell me all about it lol

Likewise by the way on the defense Oorah!!!!

Ever see the old Billy Crystal / Gregory Hines flick, running scared? Thats what your story summary reminded me of... "borrowed him aggressively" ..... Capt: You know what the guy died of? Crystal: "Deceleration trauma?" lol
edit on 14-11-2016 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

I know that.

Hahahaha wow nice! It actually sounds like a great story...yea after we're done saving the world maybe you can tell me all about it lol

Likewise by the way on the defense Oorah!!!!

Ever see the old Billy Crystal / Gregory Hines flick, running scared? Thats what your story summary reminded me of... "borrowed him aggressively" ..... Capt: You know what the guy died of? Crystal: "Deceleration trauma?" lol

Saving the world.. hell, Ill be happy marginally saving a city block. LOL!
YES!! I have seen it! People who ride with me in traffic have experienced that deceleration trauma, in fact.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I think I agree with you. Though I think some of the "protesters" are hooligans out to cause a ruckus, nothing more.

Other than that, we're pretty much in agreement.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

You know, I think we have a lot in common. I believe in my heart many things that can be found on the left as well as the right. Im a centrist mainly... and both "sides" hate me equally. LOL! I was a young republican in college.. and when I woke up to hte true BS in this govt was right around Gulf 1. You talk about a punch in the gut. Im not always eloquent with the way I say things, I know. My brash delivery and naughty humor aside.. I am sincere when I say I completely love this country.. and my countrymen. Even those that hate me. I may have voted for Trump, but it is because I want to see DC burn down to the foundation.. and we have to start somewhere. I would NEVER by action or inaction allow anyone to be stepped upon. People are afraid for the gays, muslims, for this or that segment of our people. I just wish they knew Im NOT a single person.. there are MANY like me. More than they know. They dont need to tear things up when protesting, and I think the majority dont. I think the majority are simply scared and feel more empowered in large numbers. Rather than doing whats expected.. throw hatred at them.. if others would just extend themselves to those kids/adults and let them know its not going to harm them. It wont be allowed to happen without HUGE rebellion.

I think youre probably right there! I'm not sure if this was a compliment or a disparaging remark, but, most people who know me, identify me with Dennis Leary....they even say I sound just like him (but that's usually because most of the people ive ever known thinks all us yanks sound alike)....

But yes, I can be extremely caustic and very poignant. At the same time, like you, I care about people a lot...seeing unfair treatment does not sit well with me at all. Which is likely why I'm so on the fence about this whole rioting business, on the one hand I KNOW it's (to a great extent) just kids being kids and in fact I would imagine some of them are having a good time with the protests, but on the other hand we have the violent destruction and waste of so much unfairly and unnecessarily that it just pushes all the right buttons too.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Ya see? When we can actually sit back, and laugh at all of this, is what makes it great to be human and be alive. That's a beautiful thing...

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Heck yeah!! Skipping school and running around in a big pack of friends.. feeling that invincible thing you feel when youre young and too stupid to know it ends... sometimes real abruptly... breaking stuff .. Yep! I dont care WHO you are.. its fun to break stuff. The more beautiful it is sometimes the more fun it is to smash. I do remember that whole feeling .. the rush of youth. Feeling as if Im really making my mark in the world. Its intoxicating and you get carried away sometimes. Like these kids.
Then reality and adulthood causes that crash... and you realize youre just dirt. Like everyone else.

Now Just getting intoxicated off of my bourbon chicken and playing dice is a thrill.. well when the arthritis from about a dozen badly healed rebroken and rehealed boxers fractures cooperates. When it doesnt we just tell stories. LOL! If I start with a " naw yall wont BELIEVE this s***..." its going to be a long night. These kids need some security and to get old.. I want to see them all productive, but I also want them to have the opportunity to grow old. 5 yr old boy shot here in the last 24 hrs.. in st louis. Senseless... Now THATS something to be concerned with.. not this bla blah Trump BS.

Trump said he was going to work on the inner cities.. by god THATS something to get on your feet over for these kids. Protests CAN be positive.. they CAN effect and affect change.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Ya see? When we can actually sit back, and laugh at all of this, is what makes it great to be human and be alive. That's a beautiful thing...

Youre damned right.. and I think others here can too.. if they just look at themselves as critically as they look at others.. and bend a little. Its our own countrymen for Gods sake.. it matters and is worth the effort.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Yea!!

Advantage for President!! Make Assertiveness Great Again!

You have nothing to fear!!

Except her driving
Her propensity for random human acquisition
Words
Your fine china

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Yea!!

Except her driving
Words
Your fine china

Damn.. I could be the first woman president.. bet I get the popular vote too! My boobs are WAY better than Hillarys and I wouldnt be caught dead in Mao-esque pants suits!

Hell Im just me. Screw trying to be anything Im not.Im old and havent got the time to worry about that. I have a LOT of mischief I still plan on gettin very involved in.

Hope we can get chat back... now THATS a place to really have some laughs! HIIINT MOODS!! Well, after the election madness dies down.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Hundreds of anti-Trump Protesters Have Just Stormed a Mall in Portland

i guess the add on craig's list this time said a great opportunity to get paid and as much free stuff as you can carry.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Yea!!

Except her driving
Words
Your fine china

Damn.. I could be the first woman president.. bet I get the popular vote too! My boobs are WAY better than Hillarys and I wouldnt be caught dead in Mao-esque pants suits!

Hell Im just me. Screw trying to be anything Im not.Im old and havent got the time to worry about that. I have a LOT of mischief I still plan on gettin very involved in.

Hope we can get chat back... now THATS a place to really have some laughs! HIIINT MOODS!! Well, after the election madness dies down.

Hahahaha....Yes, the ATS chat....that would be great actually!

As far as mischief, well, I'm sure I'm better off simply by saying, yup

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join