It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Trump Supporters — I did not vote for your candidate but I support YOU.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Hell, MME...I don't care who you voted for...I just like you, love your threads & posts and am damned happy you're part of ATS!

I 2nd that.

Back at you, X.

LOL, and surprisingly YES! X is one of them.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I'm not surprised...X doesn't have the time to be mean and rude -- nothing interrupts the really optimistic, drive-by way he has of 'doing' ATS.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

We were just presented a choice between two of the least liked candidates in history. People chose the lesser evil based on the best of what both candidates had to say.

I, like you have no party affiliation. I did not vote for Trump nor did I vote for Hillary. I have friends and family that voted for Trump, and friends and family that voted for Hillary. I understand why they made the choices they made, and I don't hold it against them, nor has it changed the way I feel about them.

My rural friends and family seemed to be more concerned about the destruction of our country as a whole and they could not vote to allow a corrupt member of the existing system to continue dragging the country further down into destruction. My friends and family that voted for Hillary live mostly in urban areas and seemed more interested in her winning for historical reason. They believed that Hillary would break the glass ceiling and catapult all women to the top as the first female President.

They had a choice to make and they made it. It doesn't make them evil or horrible people, because they had to choose between two horrible candidates.

You are so right about the labeling and the name calling. Folk are becoming so desensitized to the slurs and barbs that they have become happy as pigs in mud to wear those labels that are continuously being thrown at them. My concern is that if this continues for too long that people will start to embrace the curse that is being visited upon them.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I'm not surprised...X doesn't have the time to be mean and rude -- nothing interrupts the really optimistic, drive-by way he has of 'doing' ATS.

But, X does joke with me too.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

We weren't offered a contender candidate that was ideal, but Trump supporters do not deserve to be solely defined by Trump's worst qualities. Sure, some do, but I do not believe they represent the whole.

We were just presented a choice between two of the least liked candidates in history. People chose the lesser evil based on the best of what both candidates had to say.

I clearly chose not to be governed by a religious ideology.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Do you think it would be ok for me to have a PB&J sandwich? This diet of crow isn't as tasty as it once was.

edit on 14-11-2016 by olaru12 because: ^%EN$&$&E^$#^%

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
MME, I thank you for understanding. I know I surprised many here who thought I would vote for Johnson. I was certainly going to, but I had realized that here in Michigan the only way to not give it to Hillary was to vote for Trump. I do like to think my vote did actually count in swinging my state from blue to red this election. I don't think I was alone, so many were talking about Johnson here. Most just want to say FU to the establishment.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

But, X does joke with me too.

I know! X doesn't have time to be mean...even if you are not keeping score of how everything bad said about Trump is earning him 100,000, 000 votes.

X is so righty, but X is cool to all. I was hearing what you were saying.

There are some very cool Trump supporters on ATS.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

ha ha!

Cleanse your palate!

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I figured you'd end up making a thread about this; now I get to share part of my response to you and add some extra thoughts.

People see what they want to see and once you throw partisan politics in the mix, they become especially blind.

So if you take a position they think is upheld by someone from ' the other team' you then become equated with the enemy even though you may be against nearly everything else that party espouses.

There are some perceptive individuals though who do actually listen to what you say and measure it for its own worth.

Like me.

And I know I'm not the only one.

Don't let the closed minded bother you so much. You bring them to the water, it ain't your fault if they die of dehydration.

You know I love your contributions here and have stepped in to correct others' misinterpreted thoughts about your posts.

Blinders come in many sizes and filtered beliefs.

Look at it this way, if someone is so far off base as to completely miss your point or attach meanings you did not imbue your post with, they are the ones who lack vision.

I mean, if they are unsure, they could always ask you to clarify your position rather than jumping to conclusions.

I happen to think your post history speaks for itself.
edit on 14-11-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

We weren't offered a contender candidate that was ideal, but Trump supporters do not deserve to be solely defined by Trump's worst qualities. Sure, some do, but I do not believe they represent the whole.

And THAT makes you awesome, Annee.

I am an atheist. If the separation of church and state drove your vote...then I would say you cast your vote for a very noble reason and not because the candidate you voted for is a sh*thead in some other way.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

A battered and racist and xenophobic and sexist DBCowboy looks beyond the battlefield.

He sees a nice thread and a nice person writing it.

Quickly, he grabs his cyber-sniper rifle to take aim.

But his finger pauses on the trigger. Could this person actually mean it?

He grabs an ammo pouch from a fallen soldier (he won't need it anymore) bites off a piece of hardtack and takes a small break from the war.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

And THAT makes you awesome, Annee.

I am an atheist. If the separation of church and state drove your vote...then I would say you cast your vote for a very noble reason and not because the candidate you voted for is a sh*thead in some other way.

I am atheist also. Absolutely, separation of church and state drove my vote.

I'm 70. I remember before Madalyn Murray O'Hair and organized atheists fighting for their right not to have religion forced on them - - or their children.

I remember when people were fired from their jobs for not being Christian. I remember the Jewish children in my grade school were forced to participate in the Public School Christmas shows and Easter festivals. They never stood up and said NO.

And we're still fighting this today. And then they talk about the ME and forcing women to cover themselves?

Better take a good look at your own country.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, mini-rant over.

Thread title: Dear Trump Supporters — I did not vote for your candidate but I support YOU.
edit on 14-11-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Aww, geez, thanks, J&C.

I don't fault people for not spending oodles of time on ATS, like me, and understanding my posting history. Maybe I need to come up with a 'signature' that settles all doubt, somehow, as to how I feel about politics.

Do you think a 1000 word signature line on my comments, with the gross overuse of the word 'moreover,' would take care of this?

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

A battered and racist and xenophobic and sexist DBCowboy looks beyond the battlefield.

He sees a nice thread and a nice person writing it.

Quickly, he grabs his cyber-sniper rifle to take aim.

But his finger pauses on the trigger. Could this person actually mean it?

He grabs an ammo pouch from a fallen soldier (he won't need it anymore) bites off a piece of hardtack and takes a small break from the war.

I am glad you weren't trigger happy and could take a small break from the war to savor your hardtack *gak*.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Awesome thread MotherMayEye.....I whole heartedly agree with your sentiments. I may not always agree with everything everyone says but can honestly say that I think that most people on here have a good heart and do have the best of intentions.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkphoenix77

ATS is a pretty great place. Even if everyone here isn't perfect, the collective of diverse voices, on politics, is pretty darn close.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I don't fault people for not spending oodles of time on ATS

So, what...you're saying I spend too much time on ATS?

Kidding, btw.

But that is an example of the kind of thing I was talking about in my reply to you. I know you (probably) know this already, but I thought I'd add it in case someone was unable to grasp the gist of my post.

Do you think a 1000 word signature line on my comments, with the gross overuse of the word 'moreover,' would take care of this?

It might.

Or it might only give people more chances to mistake what you're saying, lol.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
MME, I thank you for understanding. I know I surprised many here who thought I would vote for Johnson. I was certainly going to, but I had realized that here in Michigan the only way to not give it to Hillary was to vote for Trump. I do like to think my vote did actually count in swinging my state from blue to red this election. I don't think I was alone, so many were talking about Johnson here. Most just want to say FU to the establishment.

I TOTALLY get your vote. I know you wanted the luxury, I had, of voting Johnson.

My husband and I checked the polls the night before the election. We knew Kentucky was going for Trump -- no matter how our votes were cast -- so we gambled on the 'most influence' we might make of our votes....voting for the Libertarians who were polling at 4.7% nationwide.

The Libertarians didn't reach that 5% critical number, but I felt good about my vote.

My husband was very close to voting for Hillary, as the lesser evil he saw her as, but he's very glad he didn't succumb to the idea that his vote wouldn't count if he voted third party. It wouldn't have counted, anyway, if he voted for Hillary and he didn't like feeling 'forced' to vote for her because he didn't like Trump.

I know you cast your vote for reasons that were REASONABLE...and not because you are racist, sexist, xenophobic, bigoted, etc...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join