It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Trump Supporters — I did not vote for your candidate but I support YOU.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Dear Trump Supporters,

I did not vote for your candidate but I find value in why you cast your vote and I support YOU.

Over the last week, I’ve listened to many of my Hillary friends rant about how Trump’s election proves how hateful, racist, sexist, xenophobic, and bigoted the people who voted for him are.

I am here to say that I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT. I disagree. I think it proves something very awesome about you.

My politics are not always easy to read from isolated comments I leave here, on ATS. I don’t align with Democrats or Republicans. I am a registered ‘Unaffiliated’ voter, I voted for Johnson, but I do have a long history of being a Democrat until 2008.

I’ve noticed that people, on ATS, are too quick to assume the worst about me, sometimes -- especially in the last week — and that unfair judgment is coming from Trump supporters, too. The other day, I had to endure the horror being continually accused of being a Hillary supporter. But I do not support Hillary, I think she is corrupt, nothing could have made me vote for her.

But, know this…I do not judge you too harshly or too quickly, Trump voters. And I want to go on record, giving you my respect for casting your votes as you saw fit.

THIS is how I feel about your votes…and THIS is what I have been telling my angry, judgmental Hillary friends over the last week:

I believe what resonated most with Trump supporters was his 'drain the swamp' and 'f- the media' messages. That's very good stuff, and if those messages resonated with you, then I think Trump tapped into the very best of you.

That’s my take after talking with Trump supporters on this forum, and elsewhere, over the last year & a half — I LISTENED TO YOU.

Now, that doesn't mean Trump meant what he said. It remains to be seen. I have my doubts about him but I wish him the best and hope he wants to go down in history as the best president he can be. I am ready to give him a chance. I also believe that most of his supporters would have still voted for him -- and then some -- if he left out all the divisive rhetoric. That rhetoric was a weakness, not a strength.

It seems to me that if you don't put racism, sexism, etc. above every problem this country needs to tackle, then you will ultimately be called a racist, sexist, etc. People have had it with that after 8 years.

I get it. I was called a ‘racist’ for the first time in my life because I didn’t support and criticized Obama, in 2008.

It's not fair to be held hostage with hollow allegations that are meant to shame people to get in line, like that. People are allowed to step away from the issues of racism, sexism, bigotry and care about other things like government corruption and media collusion, too. They're equally oppressive problems. Hillary sure wasn't talking about those issues.

In my mind, I think most Trump supporters are like, "I don't care if people call me a racist, bigot, xenophobe, sexist, etc...I know I'm not and I am going to vote for Trump because he said he's going to do all these other things that matter to me."

We weren't offered a contender candidate that was ideal, but Trump supporters do not deserve to be solely defined by Trump's worst qualities. Sure, some do, but I do not believe they represent the whole.

We were just presented a choice between two of the least liked candidates in history. People chose the lesser evil based on the best of what both candidates had to say.

I believe that.

Also, I don't think my Hillary friends embody the worst qualities I see in Hillary either.

So, Trump supporters...I support your right to prioritize the issues that you think the government should be tackling. I think you had many great reasons to vote for Trump. And, I don't define you by what I think are Trump's worst qualities.

...And I thought you might need to hear that from someone who did not vote for Trump, all things considered, right now.

So, CONGRATS on your win and I think you deserve your moment.

edit on 14-11-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Hell, MME...I don't care who you voted for...I just like you, love your threads & posts and am damned happy you're part of ATS!

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Hell, MME...I don't care who you voted for...I just like you, love your threads & posts and am damned happy you're part of ATS!

*sniff* Thanks, TAT. I like you, too, and I like this diverse community, at ATS.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I wanna get in on this lovin', I like you both and I don't care who you voted for either.

edit on 14-11-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Zazz 2020!

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I 2nd that.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Thank you for listening. And I also can have apathy for your point of view politically. I posted a thread earlier trying to lighten up the general mood and it partially blew up in face- however it also reassured me in ways. A few people who probably voted differently than I thanked me for making them laugh. Which was my point- that I don't want violence or property destroyed in ANYONE'S neighborhood or home area. So again thank you.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I have no idea if we've ever interacted, but I like the idea of making amends and this election season has certainly been a polarizing one. What resonates with me is Trump's message of unity, sovereignty(through border control for example), and overall wanting to take care of Americans regardless of classification.

I had high doubts in the summer around the time of the end of the primaries when I became a Trump supporter, but over time have become more in support. I still have my doubts. I'm not brainwashed, but I like to believe that he will bring us together. But for that reason people have looked at me as if they wanted to kill me. So cheers, let us make amends and give the man a chance.
edit on 14-11-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
I wanna get in on this lovin', I like you both and I don't care who you voted for either.

*group hug*

link   

This is so awesome, Mom. So thoughtful and considerate and heartfelt. So perfect for where we are at right now. I'm with you. And gosh darn it, I love you!

link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc

I have no idea if we've ever interacted, but I like the idea of making amends and this election season has certainly been a polarizing one. What resonates with me is Trump's message of unity, sovereignty(through border control for example), and overall wanting to take care of Americans regardless of classification.

I had high doubts in the summer around the time of the end of the primaries when I became a Trump supporter, but over time have become more in support. I still have my doubts. I'm not brainwashed, but I like to believe that he will bring us together. But for that reason people have looked at me as if they wanted to kill me. So cheers, let us make amends and give the man a chance.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Wow.
Well...........thank you!

I was never a "Trump" supporter. I felt I had no choice except to vote for him however. I simply couldn't abide 4 years of HRC. I've already lived through 8 miserable Clinton years. But I think the one thing that really pushed me over the edge was the Clinton Foundation thing. Pay to play; handing out favors to foreign countries by the SOS in exchange for contributions to the Foundation. That is simply beyond the pale.

link   
Thank you for being fair and balanced. I also enjoy you post.

link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

This is so awesome, Mom. So thoughtful and considerate and heartfelt. So perfect for where we are at right now. I'm with you. And gosh darn it, I love you!

ATS needs a heart emoji.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
ATS needs a heart emoji.

Hmmm. I may have a real one in a jar on my nightstand.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I support reasonable people.

There are Trump supporters on ATS - - that go "back and forth" with me - - - without being mean, or rude - - - we even joke.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

There you go, Annee, I like it.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

I 2nd that.

Back at you, X.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
ATS needs a heart emoji.

Hmmm. I may have a real one in a jar on my nightstand.

Hold on to it. We may need that for our next #SpiritCooking gathering.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Natas0114

Maybe the desire to lift the mood will catch on. Let's hope!

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

MME that was a great read. Thanks...heres to you!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join