It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found a Band By Meeting Their Guitarist on the Bus-Lady Killer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
This past Friday I was on my way to NYC for the meet that was going on and I have to say that the day was incredibly interesting. First off my point of departure, a small liberal college town halfway between Albany and the City. On my way to the bus stop there the students of the college were in the process of an anti-Trump protest, numbering somewhere between 600 and 800 making their usual chants and looking as if they wished to kill anyone who did not show obvious support for their cause. I watched them pass by and was offered free coffee by a kind woman who worked at the coffee place at the station.

When the bus arrived and I had gotten on I was sitting in front of a man a bit older than myself. Shortly on the trip the bus failed. The bus driver reported no power and the cause was the turbo not working. Thankfully there was an empty bus right behind so we simply switched. On this new bus(though it appeared to be older) I got into discussion with this man that had been sitting behind me. We discussed music(both were into metal and the like) and went into politics and the issues that people seemed to care about.

From the discussion on music I learned he was on his way to the City to rehearse with his old band and reissue their only album which was released in 1983. From there they would continue on some shows in Europe. The band is Lady Killers, an 80s heavy metal band. The man I met, their guitarist, was Jeff Stewart. Great band, truly 80s heavy metal style. From what he has told me the band originally broke up due to the split in what direction the band should go. Some wanted to go glam and others, like him, wanted to go heavier.

edit on 14-11-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Cool story...I am a big 80s metal fan, I was 17 in 1983 but I never heard of these guys.
I still hang out with a few friends from then and we all still love that type of music, I also played drums in a few bar bands covering the 80s and 90s metal, so it is in my blood for sure.
With life as it is, there is not much time for playing much anymore but I still have a few buddies over once in a while to jam and drink some beers. Although we have kicked the idea around the last few years of trying to get back into the bars playing for some extra cash but I guess we are too lazy.
They do have the classic 80s metal sound for sure, reminds me of early Ratt.
Hopefully they can make some money off their past little bit of fame.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

There was one song of Ratt I liked, not sure I could say I still do. "Round and Round" is the one. 80s metal is great, though beyond as well. Thrash, heavy, death, black and doom are all amazing. Sounds great that you played before. Did you and your friends record your songs or just play for the fun of the times? Hopefully this music stays alive for quite some more time. I can't imagine life without it.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I was in several bands back then and we did record some stuff with an old 4 track recorder that one of the guys had but mostly we played at outdoor summer parties and a few bars.
We did have people video tape us a few times as well but I don't think any copies are left anymore.
I don't think I could stand to watch them even if someone still had a copy lol. I think it would be classified as "pretty cheesy stuff" 25 years later. We all tried to have the 80s metal look about us, big hair, shredded clothes etc.
But we had fun for sure, brings back great memories.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

In the end the fun of it all, the memories, those are the things we live for. It sounds like a great time.

top topics

join