It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama First News Presser Since Election Livestream

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
here it is:

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth
I didn't watch every moment, but as far as I can tell he didn't have to, because nobody asked him.
Reporters were more interested in his opinion about whether Trump would be a good President.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: InFriNiTee

Good health isn't rocket science . If all the crap was taken off the shelves, and replaced with wholesome foodstuffs. The health bill would plummet .We know this now, but because big money is involved they will not give up their profit. Locally grown would drop the jobless numbers, and increase the happiness levels.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I missed it cuz of real life stuff. From what i'm reading here looks like he didn't address the protests? He had an opportunity to tell Americans to calm down and don't use violence and missed it.

Guess he doesn't care too much about the violence, vandalism, people attacking trump supporters. He's on the way out so looks like he's just going to go on permanent vacation to Hawaii and watch the country burn..

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime
I think he is taking President Buchanan as his role-model.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I actually thought he spoke quite well.
He's clearly winding down.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
'winding" being the key word for sure

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I have always liked President Obama. It's hard not to. I just think he should have commented on the protests and called for unity and acceptance. His words carry a lot of weight for the democrats.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I noticed that the only comment he made, which was related in any way to the situation on the ground, was when he essentially states that it will be up to Trump to be a president for all the people of the United States. That whole little segment, first half of his comments, nearish to the beginning, in response to a question, seems to me to have been a message to Trump. You set the fire, so you should put it out, was what I got from that.

If I was Trump watching this, I would take that as a cue to get visible and control the situation by reassurance, because the thing of it is this...

Obama cannot control the streets. That is not his job, and to be fair, it is not a presidents job at all. It's the job of the person who puts the cat amongst the pigeons, the job of those against whom the protest is levelled, to come out and speak to those who have a grievance. When a sitting government causes a protest with its policies, it is the job of that government to come out and speak to folks, to reassure, to explain, to be responsive. But this is not the case here.

Obama has no way to reassure the people in the streets that their lives and way of life will not change in negative ways because of something Trump does. Until that concern is removed or lessened, until the people are satisfied that Trump is not going to make negative changes to the way their lives operate, until he addresses the concerns of every group he has vilified and dehumanised throughout his campaign, there will be a problem, and it is one which Obama, purely by way of not being the source of the problem, cannot actually solve for people. That is a matter between the people and the President Elect now.
edit on 14-11-2016 by TrueBrit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join