It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S.Hawking New film shows an anti academic Scientific Establishment position w.r.t UFO phenomenon.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The Peace of God to all that belong to the Light,
Dear readers,

Today it is appearing again mentioned in the media curiously in this first week after a drastic political change in America that is clearly directed against all political and economic establishments that have controlled the nation and the world in the last 25 years, a news that has just months to have started to circulate in UFO literature:

Stephen Hawking has released in 2016 a film that it represents his own anti establishment revolution, against the solid monolithic position of academic science for almost a century with respect to the UFO phenomenon.

Hawking is 'predicting', if we believe that this kind of encounters have not yet really occurred, that our civilization is in clear course of to enter in contact with alien ones from other points of the Universe.

Please check:

theneuralnews.com...

Although probable for UFOlogists that words of Hawking may sound as funny and perhaps even disrespectful, it is a great progress that one of the most enlightened minds of the Scientific academic establishment has decided to move away from the traditional skeptical position they have maintained along decades, of to consider the UFO phenomenon as mere sensationalist unorthodox media product.

Please check:
en.wikipedia.org...

The thread is opened to discuss this relatively new position of the academic community about the possible Alien contact and use it also to speculate about what else can we expect of how the New President Elect Donald Trump may change possibly the official position of denial and secrecy around the so called UFO classified files in the light of scientists that have decided to fight their own academic establishment in the subject?

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 11/14/2016 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

The thing I like about him and totally agree with him on, is we need to stop reaching out for e.t.. We need to be cautious, we may find our contact on the other end is so advanced we are seen to be like bacteria, and it wouldn't go well for us.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I'm a bit confused. You're talking about Hawking and his film, and his opinion about us reaching out to aliens. But the link is to an ad about a brain booster pill. Get your risk free trial now!

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
heres the film,

its only 26 minutes long, his only mention of alien life is at 14 minutes, he mentions "if aliens exist they might be hostile"
thats it, he never mentions ufo's, the rest of the video is all just rehashed basic astronomy, theres nothing special here

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: data5091

He said " It could be like native Americans meeting Columbus. That didn't go so well".

I agree. We are just building metal ant hills here on earth. If we are visted by hipster aliens we just might survive the encounter but our existence would be awful.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I have no doubt in my mind, there are hundreds if not thousands of intelligent species within our own galaxy that KNOW of our existence.

We are currently too primitive and immature as a species to make their presence known to us on a global scale nevermind the fact most of us suspect of these beings visiting and leaving without pause.

However when our civilization has advanced to the point of unity as a whole and we disregard our differences in what we think is important and focus on what we can do to expand beyond our solar system. This will be the day we are worthy of recognition among the counsel of worlds who watch over us all.

We are not alone and never have been, we never will be alone in our galaxy. These advanced civilizations will reveal themselves to us when we are ready for it.

Just my 2 cents of what I think. I could be wrong.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: The angel of light
Although probable for UFOlogists that words of Hawking may sound as funny and perhaps even disrespectful, it is a great progress that one of the most enlightened minds of the Scientific academic establishment has decided to move away from the traditional skeptical position they have maintained along decades, of to consider the UFO phenomenon as mere sensationalist unorthodox media product.

Thank you for your thread,
always an interesting subject.

But unfortunately I have ZERO ESTEEM for Hawking.
He owes "popularity" among the mainstream media only because he is disabled.

This is typical of the present "weak thinking disgraceful age".
What Great Scientific Discovery has Mr. Hawking accomplished?

ZERO. Nada. - for what I know. -

He is only pushed up by the media.

So for me his opinion on Extraterrestrials is worth NOTHING.

And if someone wants to seriously get some knowledge about the Extraterrestrials/UFO subject, he/she can get a lot of valuable information reading the works of Richard Dolan and Timothy Good.
Or have a talk with a high level Jesuit scientist on Mount Graham, Arizona (they know A LOT on the subject).

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: NobodiesNormal
heres the film,

its only 26 minutes long, his only mention of alien life is at 14 minutes, he mentions "if aliens exist they might be hostile"
thats it, he never mentions ufo's, the rest of the video is all just rehashed basic astronomy, theres nothing special here

Nor is there some "solid monolithic position of academic science for almost a century with respect to the UFO phenomenon."

Science demands evidence. Ufology demands the creation of fake evidence.

Harte
edit on 11/14/2016 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: HeywoodFloyd

There's the prediction of Hawking Radiation, which implies that black holes would eventually evaporate away (a very long "eventually", but would happen, nevertheless).

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Do you have a trailer to the film, I'm a little confused by the title and links that you have here.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
damn i didn't think Forbes would do a tabloid style sale pitch. pitiful!
i guess their all going the same route.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

well to be honest, there does seem to be.
there is some evidence that suggest that something is happening. airline pilots and militarypilots for the most part are fairly stable people. when they say the saw something i kinda lean towards their credibility. there also some radar tracking that corroborate what they say.

but your right, for the most part, the evidence is very lacking in the fact that just about all that makes it out to the public is very obviously fake.

but to take the stance that some scientist's take, being that they say that there maybe life else where, but they haven't, or can't make it here is for lack of a better word is arrogant.

intelligent life in the universe maybe more intelligent and have a better grasp of physics than we have and achieved yet. being capable of doing more than we have ever imagined.

edit on 14-11-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

But the link is to an ad about a brain booster pill. Get your risk free trial now!

A fake add at that. I recall seeing the same one but mentioning a different 'smart pill' product. If Stephen Hawking wasn't busy doing important work he might take the time to sue.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: HeywoodFloyd

ZERO. Nada. - for what I know. -

First off, you don't have to make a great scientific discovery to be an accomplished scientist worthy or respect.

Second, you're obviously not familiar with his achievements at all so why are you attempting to berate him?

5 seconds in Google tells you this as a starting point:

Dr. Hawking is best known for his discovery that black holes emit radiation which can be detected by special instrumentation. His discovery has made the detailed study of black holes possible.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Science prides itself on the peer-review process and open discussion except when it comes to two facets: UFOs and Climate Change

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: Harte

well to be honest, there does seem to be.
there is some evidence that suggest that something is happening. airline pilots and militarypilots for the most part are fairly stable people. when they say the saw something i kinda lean towards their credibility. there also some radar tracking that corroborate what they say.

but your right, for the most part, the evidence is very lacking in the fact that just about all that makes it out to the public is very obviously fake.

but to take the stance that some scientist's take, being that they say that there maybe life else where, but they haven't, or can't make it here is for lack of a better word is arrogant.

That might be arrogant, but that's not a position any scientist can take professionally.
It could be an opinion held by some, but the fact is, it is an absence of evidence that requires opinion.
It is utterly unscientific for anyone to say such a thing as an absolute. It must be (and almost always is) preceded with an "I think" or an "It's my opinion that," when any scientist has that view, because there isn't any evidence either way.

The only reason for assuming that there is some "solid monolithic position of academic science" concerning ET visitation is that scientists require data and thus they won't simply affirm what UFO kooks want them to affirm.

IOW, "Science won't agree with me, therefore conspiracy."

Harte

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Clinton said he was going to get to the bottom of UFO's too, before he was elected.

Secures some votes...

As far as Hawking stating one day we'll make contact? That already happens, we are from them, they monitor us the way a gardner tends his garden or herders tend their sheep.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
how many times i have to say they arent are aliens?
most probable explanations:
1: unknow phisickosys
2: interdimensional beings
3:distortion theory(caravaca102.blogspot.com.br...)
4:tulpas
aliens dont use michelin men costumes aliens dont steal pies aliens dont ask for fertilizer etc
i could go on and on

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

Speaking of Hawking he gives us maybe 1,000 years to find a new planet or we will go extinct on Earth. Now onward with looking for Earth 2.

edit on 16am30am5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: NobodiesNormal

Hi Dear NObodiesNormal,

Thanks to bring the film in to the discussion, that is nice from your side. The original link, in spite of any advertising it may have, was basically a press note about it.

I found interesting a well reputed scientist accept to discuss the UFO phenomenon but if to assume that if it exists it must be the possible collision of our civilization with an evil one it is an awful conclusion.

Why we are so accustom to think that our own standards of what must be to go in search to other inhabited worlds the correct measure of how might be?

I think there is to much of preventive wars mentality in such statement, of the Bush approach to other cultures. When Christopher Columbus arrived to the Americas he was not really coming with a conquest plan, he wanted to open a better route of trade in between Europe and far east, since the Turkish invasion of middle east had closed the only one already known.

Columbus was aware that he could arrive the the eastern Indies, Indonesia, Malaysia, China or Japan, so he was prepared to contact other civilizations, he wanted trade not a war or invasion, that idea came from the mind of other Spanish men that were following him and also took by force the rule of the continent.

Columbus ended his last years in Jail accused of false crimes, false accusations and charges artificially manufactured by very evil and ambition rivals that wanted to take away from him the privileges that Queen Isabella Catholic granted when she decided to sponsor his adventure.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 11/16/2016 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join