It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
My house was originally built and occupied by a couple who lived there until the day they died. The old woman died in the back yard.

She was a stubborn old farmer who refused to wait for her son to come by and cut her grass. Doing it herself on a riding mower wasn't the best idea as the back yard at that time had a very steep grade. Sure enough, she rolled the mower over and down the hill they went. The mower landed on top of her and she died right there in the back yard, I heard it was from a heart attack. The poor woman was trapped there for almost two full days before her son stopped by and found her.

Upon hearing this story I immediately got excited about the prospect of her ghost hanging around my house! I didn't try to contact her at all and figured if she was there and wanted to make herself known, she would.

The area I live in is rural, old farm land passed down from generation to generation. Coming from generations of farmers myself, I was comforted in thinking this woman was probably like my grandmother in a way. Tough old bird, very stubborn, a great farmer not afraid to get her hands dirty plucking weeds or chopping wood and a great cook!

For weeks I kept my eyes, ears open to see if there was any indication that her spirit or energy was lingering around. Nothing happened until one day I was leaving the bathroom and as I turned out the light I got a super strong smell of cinnamon. This was strange because I wasn't cooking anything, I had no candles lit anywhere... Of course I just KNEW it had to be her giving me a sign! I was elated! I made up this scenario in my head of her standing in the kitchen in her apron baking home-made apple pies

This went on for weeks... each time I'd leave the bathroom and turn out the light I would get that strong cinnamon smell. I even had my husband do it and he too could smell the warm cinnamon as well.

One day several weeks later as I was leaving the bathroom, I hit the light switch and heard something fall on the floor. Upon inspection, I found a cinnamon scented Glad plug-in that I had put in the combo light switch/plug outlet weeks before. Yup... I'm the cool girl in the room

I was pretty disappointed to learn that this occurrence that I thought was super-natural was of my own doing. Each time I hit the switch my hand would brush against the air freshener causing the cinnamon smell.

Oh well... I've been in my house for more than 10 years and the old woman never made herself known so I suppose her soul moved on at the time of her death.

Oddly enough, everyone who visits my home, even those who have been over dozens of times all say the same thing... that as soon as they enter my home they feel nothing but good energy, good vibes, comforting, relaxing, happy, almost like time stands still and everything is just OK. I like to think that I create a warm and welcoming happy environment, but maybe I can't take all the credit. Maybe the old woman did leave some of her energy around and that's what people are feeling.

Maybe I'll never know

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Scorpiogurl

Nice twist on the end there!

It is a neat story and thanks for sharing. (Though what a horrible way for anyone to go
)

When I first moved into my current apartment I had a couple unsettling dreams. There isn't a particularly great energy here and I have a sage smudge sitting at the entrance just a warning that I will not let things get out of hand.

Anyway I had a couple dreams that I was a woman living in this apartment. An unhappy woman. In the dream I collapsed in the hallway and lie there thinking I was dead or something. The last thing I saw (as the woman) before blacking out was a shadowy figure standing above me.

The dream only happened the first couple nights I stayed here then stopped. Time went on. I'd still get mail from the previous occupant (a woman's name.)

I talked with the property manager a few times when I see him outside. We were talking about any cars or apartments that have been broken into. There's a huge dent on my front door. So he says, "I bet you wondered what that is about?"

He went on to say the last tenants were horrible and he's glad they're gone. He said all they did was fight and yell. He felt sorry for the woman. She was sick, had seizures, and her boyfriend beat on her occasionally.

I was really shocked to hear this because the first thing that went through my mind were those dreams.

edit on 14-11-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

very entertaining, your Just a story

i hope we get to read more stories from you

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Wow... I can totally understand negative energy being left over in a place and affecting your dreams. I'm glad you don't have them anymore. I wonder what happened to the woman, if she's still alive. Do you know?

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: lucia2389

Thanks! I know it wasn't really a paranormal thing but it did have to do with the paranormal so...

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   

I enjoy your story!thanks for sharing

top topics

join