It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

A Vote for Trump Was A Hate Crime says HuffPo

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: loam

I'm an American woman and disgusted with what's going on.

Now we have the American Taliban.

This post is as ridiculous and unhinged as the HuffPo article that is the subject of this thread.

Here's who the real Taliban are:

Forcing people to live by a religious ideology not of their choosing.

Taliban & ISIS

Has that happened already? Or do you just think it may, so why not get a head start on the rhetoric now?

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: DBCowboy
It's this kind of crap that will keep us divided.
I'm so sick of the same people calling me names then calling for peace and unity.

Which part of this do you disagree with:

"But does calling this vote a hate crime sound extreme? Not if you look at the definition. A hate crime is one motivated by prejudice, fear or intolerance toward an individual’s national origin, ethnicity, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability."

Or, do you just generally disagree with the categorization of anything Trump as saying could be classified as intolerance?

So what part of voting is criminal?

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Forcing people to live by a religious ideology not of their choosing.

Religious ideology that is worship of The State is just as authoritarian,

complete with zealots of Federalism, and the Ministry of Truth
media propaganda outlets.

edit on 14-11-2016 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale

I'm so sick of the same people calling me names then calling for peace and unity.

"But does calling this vote a hate crime sound extreme? Not if you look at the definition. A hate crime is one motivated by prejudice, fear or intolerance toward an individual’s national origin, ethnicity, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability."

Or, do you just generally disagree with the categorization of anything Trump as saying could be classified as intolerance?

I would suggest that the vast majority, if not nearly every, vote cast for Trump was for one of the following reasons:

1) the promise of a stronger economy
2) the promise of negotiating better trade deals
3) the promise to create a lot of jobs, and to revive manufacturing in America
4) to promote secure borders, and national security in general
5) to revitalize the American military, and to properly care for Veterans
6) to repair and replace the country's infrastructure (roads, bridges, airports, schools, etc.) and to rebuild the inner cities
7) to get rid of Obamacare, and reduce individual's health care burdens
8) to reduce taxes

So, given this, a vote for Trump was a "hate crime" because...why?

*snip*

Bravo. Excellent post. I agree. I didn't vote for Trump, but my impression is people who did are very security and jobs focused. It's a protectionist policy. I don't think that's necessarily racist or xenophobic.

I think what's happening is racism and xenophobia and other "cards" are used to dismiss more substantial considerations of the issues. Personally, I believe the news organizations--as well as the general public--will have to face these issues you show above on a more serious level, including undocumented immigration. No longer can "racism" and "xenophobia" be so haphazardly used. We now have a president elect who's preparing to address these issues through policy and millions of americans who support it. We must understand why and how by examining the facts behind these issues without our blinders on.

I voted for Gary btw. I believe he's the only candidate who was serious about downsizing government AND treat people fairly. It seems every candidate who wants to lower taxes fails to actually shrink government, succeeding only adding to the deficit. They also want to tell everybody else how to live and rule with an iron fist. Gary is libertarian and supports open borders. That doesn't mean all of our rules cna be thrown out the window, but he's "live and let live" and one of the few candidates I think who can be a president for a multicultural country WITHOUT an overbearing government telling us how to live and think.
edit on 11/14/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Looked at the author.

"Cathy Renna is a longtime LGBT activist and is the Principal of Target Cue, a public interest PR/communications firm focusing on LGBT and HIV related issues."

I stopped reading after that, I'm NOT going to read a politically motivated article by anyone espousing these views anymore, it's not that I don't like them, or their freedom to do as they please, they just irk me to no end these days.

Professional victims, all the time. It's the same story every day now, some lefty gets upset and threatens someone's life or resorts to ludicrous hyperbole and it's the victims fault for disregarding their feelings. Pisses me off this.......

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

A Vote for Trump Was A Hate Crime says HuffPo

Since it appears OK to state dumb sh!t online in the hopes it'll pass off as legit, I wonder if it's fair then to draw the comparison that a vote for Hillary was a Crime Against Humanity?

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Voting for Hillary should have been a crime against common decency and morality.

Saying that, it's similar for trump. Voting in this election should have been a crime, that would certainly have made it more interesting. A vote for Hilarry is akin to doing a murder - a vote for Trump is like scaring an old lady at a bus stop. One's frowned upon and probably shouldn't happen whereas the alternative is just bloody terrifying!

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I disagree with the crime portion. See, the author defines hate crime as "one" motivated... One meaning crime.

Voting is not a crime.

Now the riots that are occuring based on ahtred and fear of Trump, sure, those would all be hate crimes.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Considering Trump appointed Steve Bannon (an admirer of Richard Bertrand Spencer, who believes in "peaceful ethnic cleansing") as a senior advisor how can you say the fears for a racist Trump presidency are unfounded?

Peaceful ethnic cleansing is nothing more than passive aggressive Nazism.

Show me where Bannon says he admires spencer. I have seen spencer saying he liked Breitbart, but not Bannon praising him.

Now I did see people in the Obama administration that hated and feared white people like Eric Holder, so were you outraged by racism of his adminstartion?

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Oddly enough I asked that very question here: www.abovetopsecret.com... about halfway down ( I don't know how to link directly to the specific comment itself) and the only reply I got that could even halfway count as a response was that I "wouldn't understand."

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

( I don't know how to link directly to the specific comment itself)

In the right-hand corner of each post is a little green thumbtack and the word "link." If you right-click on the thumbtack, you'll get a little menu with "copy link location" as an option, click on that and then paste the url into the link function.

I hope that makes sense.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Ah! My right-click is disabled on the computer I use and the rest of the time I'm mobile. That would probably be why the thumb tack thingy doesn't work for me. Thanks!

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Hmmmmm... okay... maybe try left-clicking on the thumbtack then, and I think it will reload the page right back to that comment, then highlight the url in the address bar, and copy the url (Ctrl+C) and then you can paste it into the link function (paste is Ctrl+V)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

By god you're right, I didn't even notice that it was changing the address when I clicked the thumbtack thing.

You're a rockstar, Bo!

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

The accusations of Bannon are ridiculous. The SPLC, CNN, the huffington posts, etc. they all think that Breitbart is white nationalist because it does things like cites racists facts about how much crime there is in minority communities.

The feel it is anti muslim for reporting about the coverup of the immigrant rape gangs in germany last new yaers.

This mind set is appalling and dangerous. Just ask the town of Rotterham in britain, that from 1997 to 2013 an estimated 1400 girls were sexually assaulted or worse. This went on because the media and politicians were afraid to report on it because it would be racist to mention it.

Thats what CNN, the huff po, the SPLC thinks about those girls, they needed to go through those rapes, because had a site like Breitbart reported the actual facts of that case, they would have been racist.

Here is a thread a made today about the hysterics of the main straem media saying Bannon is a white nationalist.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Thinking you have the right to castigate someone for exercising their democratic right...That is a bloody hate crime.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

By god you're right, I didn't even notice that it was changing the address when I clicked the thumbtack thing.

Glad it worked.

You're a rockstar, Bo!

Not even close... I swear... the mods'll tell ya!!!

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
They are in their last dying death throws. They have no power left because they misused it.
No Senate
No House of Representatives
No Presidency
Soon no Supreme Court chance, it's been 5 to 4 for a long time and went to 4 to 4 during the election. After these next 8 years the Supreme Court will likely go to 7 and 2. All of the liberal federal judges across the nation will get shatcanned the day Trump is sworn in.
The vast majority of liberals left in Congress are now confined to three states, New York, California and Massachusetts.
Governorships and State legislatures are vastly republican across the nation.

They are about to go under, may never rise again. They are about to be just an insignificant regional Political party.
Maybe the liberal needs to be declared an endangered species, set apart to be left alone in their own self created preservations.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

wait, so youre saying that because a guy admires someone who wants to preserve white european culture that makes Bannon bad? lol. So youre arguing for guilt by association. I love that game...shall we talk about Hillary being in bed with Saudi and Qatar and taking their terrorist supporting blood money for her campaign? Theyre racist too by the way.....so...i guess that means Hillary is racist, by your logic.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join