It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

A Vote for Trump Was A Hate Crime says HuffPo

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I don't know about a hate crime, but as a woman from another country, its very revealing where the US is going. I think after the swimmer getting only 3 months for rape, and then electing a president who openly admitted to sexually assaulting women, then what's looks like greater influence for women hating right wing Christians, that it will be a scary place in the near future.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Yeah. It's why I wanted nothing to do with him being the President. I really don't think he has what it takes to do the job. I foresee him getting frustrated and attempting to cut corners. I see him being sloppy about it too (so it'll be obvious when it happens).

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
I don't know about a hate crime, but as a woman from another country, its very revealing where the US is going. I think after the swimmer getting only 3 months for rape, and then electing a president who openly admitted to sexually assaulting women, then what's looks like greater influence for women hating right wing Christians, that it will be a scary place in the near future.

I'm an American woman and disgusted with what's going on.

Now we have the American Taliban.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

If eradicating racism and sexism aren't the most important and primary issues you want to see addressed when you cast a vote, then you will eventually be called a racist and sexist by someone.

edit on 14-11-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: DBCowboy
It's this kind of crap that will keep us divided.
I'm so sick of the same people calling me names then calling for peace and unity.

Which part of this do you disagree with:

"But does calling this vote a hate crime sound extreme? Not if you look at the definition. A hate crime is one motivated by prejudice, fear or intolerance toward an individual’s national origin, ethnicity, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability."

Or, do you just generally disagree with the categorization of anything Trump as saying could be classified as intolerance?

The only true intolerance is being displayed by Anti-Trump people. You included? You have been preaching against hate, and intolerance for a year, and so the first thing you do when you LOSE is come out engaging in rampant hate and intolerance?

Makes sense.
Hint:
Continuing on with this line of blather is like a down payment on getting Trump re-elected 4 years from now.

edit on 14-11-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Annee

Don't expect an answer to that. The right just grabbed control of the government and they STILL can't stop telling lies about how the left thinks and acts.

We just have to look at the kinds of people you send to congress. We look at the tactics the DNC used to make sure Hillary won the nomination. We watch the race baiting and divisiveness going on. We watch the rioting and looting going on then and now. We watch the Election reaction compilation videos on YouTube. We hear the words being said and the names being slung at us. We see the left beating up people, and we see them make false accusations about being beat up.

Don't talk to any of us about what you think you know when it comes to how the left thinks and acts. You've been very wrong.

Wait. You are telling me that, YOU, a right wing person knows better about how me and my partisan slant thinks than me? Does your arrogance know no bounds? I mean I was wrong about Trump getting elected, but that doesn't mean your hyperbole about me or my political affiliation is correct.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

a reply to: SignalMal

If you say so. Just be prepared to own him when he screws up, because I WILL be pointing the finger at you and others who voted for him.

So like how the Democrats owned their screw up with the ACA by having Harry and Nancy turn the writing of the bill over to the insurance companies... oh wait no... they blamed the minority party in congress.

Or how about when they owned up to the screw up of saying its ok to assassinate american citizens abroad... Ill give you partial credit... a few have said it was a horrid idea.

How about owning up to the fact this election was their to lose and they did... by putting up the one candidate that guaranteed independents/moderates would cheerfully vote for charles manson if it would keep her out of the oval office... oh wait no.. we have protests and riots, and much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

People have the right to protest and I support any protest, that is peaceful and legal... but as soon as you assault cops, burn cars destroy businesses its no longer a protest its a riot and needs to be put down.

ETA: I forgot one... where are the dems speaking out against all the calls for Trumps assassination?
That is a pretty big sign to me and many others that the Democrats are not owning up to the issues of their own party politics and supporters as well.
edit on 14-11-2016 by Irishhaf because: additional thought

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I'm so sick of the same people calling me names then calling for peace and unity.

It WILL be peace abd unity ... just as soon as they get rid of all of us who don't think the sameway they do ... we cn look different though.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I really wasn't linking him to the alt-right with that post as I may have misunderstood what I was responding to, but I can certainly defend that link regardless. Let's play.

What links were found? How was he linked?

Breitbart for one.

Which website is that? Who declared it the "premier" website? What is the "alt-right?"

Again Breitbart adopted that moniker all by themselves. Though the term was coined by Richard Spencer as a means to be coy about being racist in modern times.

What "themes and rhetoric?" Where are the quotes? The videos?

Do you not read Breitbart or something? It's a very divisive media outlet. But here's an excerpt from that article I linked earlier:

There are many things that separate the alternative right from old-school racist skinheads (to whom they are often idiotically compared), but one thing stands out above all else: intelligence. Skinheads, by and large, are low-information, low-IQ thugs driven by the thrill of violence and tribal hatred. The alternative right are a much smarter group of people — which perhaps suggests why the Left hates them so much. They’re dangerously bright.

The gist of this paragraph seems to say that the one thing that separates the alt-right from traditional racists/skinheads is that the alt-right is smarter. It's like tactically admitting to being racially insensitive while not directly saying it.
edit on 14-11-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It WILL be peace abd unity ... just as soon as they get rid of all of us who don't think the sameway they do ... we cn look different though.

Isn't that the truth!

You can have 37 different genders or identities, but if you dare to "think" differently, they want to make that illegal.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Boadicea

It's easy to get dizzy in the spin zone, Bo. Deep breaths...pretty dresses....flowers...

Lolz!!! That's probably the best advice I'm going to get all day -- so thank you!

I have to laugh though because that sounds so condescending and sexist!!! I know exactly how you meant it... but others may assume the worst!

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

a reply to: Shamrock6

You think I'm upset about anything? You are under a misunderstanding of why I come to these forums and post here. I do it cause I'm bored at work. I'm not upset about anyone protesting and if I wasn't bored I probably wouldn't even be aware of you people complaining about people protesting.

PS: I don't care if you like me or not. I never claimed to be your friend anyways.

PS I never said I cared either so why bother saying anything? Is this kindergarten now, where telling me that we aren't friends is going to hurt my feelings or something?

Grow up, guy.

I just remember many months ago actually being able to read your comments and digest them because you made actual points and discussed things. Did I agree with what you said? Yea, twice I think. Now? Now your default is hyperbolic ad hominems, goal-post shifting, i know you are but what am I/I am rubber you are glue type crap liberally doused with talking points, all while professing some sort of superiority for the left despite doing exactly what you accuse the right of doing.

Repeating the claim that I'm doing something doesn't make it any more true than it was the first time you claimed I did something. I know that's a favored tactic of yours for the last few months, but it doesn't work.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

a reply to: SignalMal

If you say so. Just be prepared to own him when he screws up, because I WILL be pointing the finger at you and others who voted for him.

So like how the Democrats owned their screw up with the ACA by having Harry and Nancy turn the writing of the bill over to the insurance companies... oh wait no... they blamed the minority party in congress.

Or how about when they owned up to the screw up of saying its ok to assassinate american citizens abroad... Ill give you partial credit... a few have said it was a horrid idea.

How about owning up to the fact this election was their to lose and they did... by putting up the one candidate that guaranteed independents/moderates would cheerfully vote for charles manson if it would keep her out of the oval office... oh wait no.. we have protests and riots, and much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

People have the right to protest and I support any protest, that is peaceful and legal... but as soon as you assault cops, burn cars destroy businesses its no longer a protest its a riot and needs to be put down.

Fun fact: I'm not a Democrat and I didn't vote for Obama. Either time. Fun fact 2: I'm still waiting for the Republicans to own up to the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Thank you! I did a little more reading, and with your response, it's making more sense to me... duh!!! I don't know just where my head was at, but I'm starting to get it -- thank you. Much to ponder here.

And, no, I don't read Breitbart as a rule. Not a go-to source for me. I don't avoid them or boycott them, and have read articles there here and there. But I just don't like their slant -- nor their history.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

If eradicating racism and sexism aren't the most important and primary issues you want to see addressed when you cast a vote, then you will eventually be called a racist and sexist by someone.

How is a presidential election going to eradicate what is in the hearts and minds of people?

Do you people even listen to yourselves? It's all about thought crime. Why should my priorities not be heard?

I don't care about racism or sexism. I don't engage in either. I do engage in economic activity, have friends still deployed, I live in a nation that represents everything Islamic terrorists hate, and I want an actually secured border with actual enforcement of our immigration laws.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Then why do you suppose a black journalist from WashPo felt the need to talk in his article about how he's "long argued that Obama's most ardent supporters should not ascribe racial motives to the president's critics" if nobody was doing that? Just covering his bases or something?

I'm not sure. You would have to ask him.

I've never seen or heard someone call another person racist just because they disagreed with Obama on a policy, etc.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Cool story bro.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

So to quote your running buddy of late... why only focus on one side?

I guess in the last few months I could have missed you hammering the corruption of the democrats that came to light.

Fun fact, I said democrats... I was talking about the party, to kind of point out that you seem overly focused on one side.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Thank you! I did a little more reading, and with your response, it's making more sense to me... duh!!! I don't know just where my head was at, but I'm starting to get it -- thank you. Much to ponder here.

And, no, I don't read Breitbart as a rule. Not a go-to source for me. I don't avoid them or boycott them, and have read articles there here and there. But I just don't like their slant -- nor their history.

Yeah I don't read them either because I don't like their bigoted undertones. Especially in regards to Muslims. For more info, I believe that theantediluvian wrote a decent thread on the alt-right and its history. It isn't an invention of the left and its darkest parts cannot be blamed on the left (though I see people attempt to do so).

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
DP
edit on 14-11-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join