It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

A Vote for Trump Was A Hate Crime says HuffPo

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Council for National Policy, a white nationalist group

I'd like to see a source for that nugget of slander

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: dfnj2015

Republicans won. All the liberals have been vanquished from government. We have strong one-party rule. What more do you want?

For liberals to tell the truth and stop rioting.

After 8 years of Republican hyperbole, I think you better settle in for a long Presidency. The left is going to hammer Trump hard.

Lots of riots from the right for the last eight years, were there?

First off, it was one protest that turned violent. While you can debate on if it got violent enough to be called a riot or not, people are NOT rioting across the country. There is that standard right wing hyperbole in action again... People are protesting, which is 100% sanctioned by the Constitution. Their grievances may not be realized but they are certainly allowed to protest about it.

When you've resorted to semantics outside of a legal argument, there's really not much to debate is there?

Lots of protests in 08 and 12, were there? Does that question suit your taste better? I mean I certainly can remember people talking a lot. Can't remember a lot of protests though. Or riots.

PS - a riot is generally, as far as the law goes, when three or more people assembled together commit acts that damage property and create alarm for the general public. I mean c'mon buddy, even the Clinton News Network can call it a riot when people vandalize public and private property and assault cops. Don't be pedantic. Particularly not while accusing the other side of it.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Whether there were protests or not in 08 or 12 is irrelevant no? After all protesting (even if the cause is a lost cause) is 100% covered by the Constitution. It's spelled out in the very first Amendment and everything.

So now that I've shattered your hyperbole about all these riots and you are trying to walk the goal posts back and complain about people protesting, we show how silly you really look. Sure those people protesting are looking rather silly too, but you are complaining about something that is 100% legal.
edit on 14-11-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
a reply to: underwerks

Council for National Policy, a white nationalist group

I'd like to see a source for that nugget of slander

Go through their membership in the PDF I linked and Google the names.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: SignalMal
& people actually thought ATS would become a ghost town after the election

& the beat goes on. . .

Lol. After looking at Trump's business records I foresee a VERY corrupt administration. My conspiracy theory senses are tingling harder than ever. I have more reason than ever to stay here.

Sadly, most Trump supporters haven't a clue who he is or what he does.

And even more sadly, they don't care.

I've known since the 90's...

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Corruption in the oval office... you don't say? I expect that, but what I'm looking forward to is someone actually getting # done LOL!

Tell you what I see in Trump, the same capacity to distort people's perception of reality as Steve Jobs. I don't know how much he could do all his own, but indirectly, by causing otherwise stable minds to go off their script... well, it'll be interesting, and definitely pushing a new trend line.

Looks like we both have some fun to look forward to over the coming years.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SignalMal

If you say so. Just be prepared to own him when he screws up, because I WILL be pointing the finger at you and others who voted for him.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

For the love of God I can't wait until you're able to post again without sounding as if you're about to throw your keyboard into the next county. It started off as funny, now it's just kind of sad and pathetic.

I'm not walking anything back, nor did I ever say protesting isn't covered guy. Save your hyperbolic attacks for somebody who deserves them. You made a smarmy comment about Saint Obama being attacked for the last eight years, and I pointed out that Trump is getting protests and riots, and he's not even in office yet. That twisted your panties, clearly, but that's your deal. Not mine. Hence why you're railing so hard about something I didn't even say, I suspect. Whatever gets the attention off what you don't want it on, eh?

Pointing out silly protestors isn't the same as complaining about them, nor saying it's illegal. No matter how hard you try to apply your much-practiced liberal spin moves.

I'll stop triggering you now.

edit on 14-11-2016 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Yes... so predictable.

That makes at least a dozen members of ATS who assume I voted, and are for Trump.

Neither of which is the case.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Yes... so predictable.

That makes at least a dozen members of ATS who assume I voted, and are for Trump.

Neither of which is the case.

Weird how that seems to happen so much with a handful of members, eh?

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

All I've been hearing for the last 8 years is how racist I am for not agreeing with Obama.

How is that not hyperbole?

I call bull#.

Calling you a racist just because you did not agree with Obama...for 8 years?

I think you made that up.
edit on 14-11-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Oh man the irony.
Correct me if i am wrong but it seems to me their own article fits their own definition of a hate crime against Trump voters.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

& people actually thought ATS would become a ghost town after the election

& the beat goes on. . .

Lol. After looking at Trump's business records I foresee a VERY corrupt administration. My conspiracy theory senses are tingling harder than ever. I have more reason than ever to stay here.

Sadly, most Trump supporters haven't a clue who he is or what he does.

And even more sadly, they don't care.

I've known since the 90's...

I used to be a fan. I thought he was a fascinating character. Heard him a lot on Howard Stern and saw him on talk shows.

But, I live not far from Trump's Rancho Palos Verdes (Los Angeles) golf course. There was a LOT of write ups in local papers about Trump's dirty construction/business methods.

And of course he sued (a frivolous lawsuit IMO) Rancho Palos Verdes is a small area (which, of course, Trump knew). They did not have the funds to fight him in court. But, this is what he does. He backs people/businesses up against a wall, refuses to honor deals, then tells them they have the right to sue him. It costs a lot of money to sue someone "win or not" - - - which is why so many are settled out of court.

In 2008 Trump sued the city of Rancho Palos Verdes for $100 million, alleging that the city did not allow him to make the improvements needed to maintain the Trump image. The lawsuit was settled in 2012 for undisclosed terms.

Can you see this on the International Political stage?

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

I HATE the Huffingpoop Post,and CNN.....

Next they will declare any contempt for mainstream media a Hate Crime...

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

All I've been hearing for the last 8 years is how racist I am for not agreeing with Obama.

How is that not hyperbole?

I call bull#.

Calling you a racist just because you did not agree with Obama...for 8 years?

I think you made that up.

Then why do you suppose a black journalist from WashPo felt the need to talk in his article about how he's "long argued that Obama's most ardent supporters should not ascribe racial motives to the president's critics" if nobody was doing that? Just covering his bases or something?

Sure.

www.washingtonpost.com... blog.html

Oh and ETA - his article is from 2012 so...

edit on 14-11-2016 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Don't know what you'd consider a non-biased source when posting factual information, but here you go. All you need to do is just google the name Steve Bannon and you get a ton of results saying this:
time.com...

Thank you for the link. I have been trying to understand where these accusations came from, so I appreciate all the information I can get...

But I have to say that I have found nothing factual to focus on, including the link you provided. Rather, I just find lots of opinions and weasel words, like --

Bannon and his website have been linked to the alt-right, an extreme sect of conservatism that’s comprised largely of white nationalists...

What links were found? How was he linked?

“It’s a sad day when a man who presided over the premier website of the ‘alt-right’...

Which website is that? Who declared it the "premier" website? What is the "alt-right?"

“It is easy to see why the KKK views Trump as their champion when Trump appoints one of the foremost peddlers of white supremacist themes and rhetoric as his top aide,”

What "themes and rhetoric?" Where are the quotes? The videos?

Even the charges made by his ex-wife (in the heat of a divorce/custody battle) are nothing more than her words against his. I see many allusions and inferences, but no facts. Well, it's "fact" that these allegations have been made; but no evidence that the allegations are fact.

And the thing is I already have suspicions about Bannon and how he came to be in charge of Breitbart.com after Breitbart's death, so I am ready to believe the worst about him. I'm just not finding any facts... nothing I can sink my teeth into. But I'll keep paying attention...

ETA: Sorry, Krazyshot. I didn't mean to post this to you. My bad.
edit on 14-11-2016 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

ETAA: I guess I did mean to post it to you, so -- AGAIN -- my bad!!! I'm confusing myself now... time to back slowly away from the keyboard and get my act together. Sheesh!!! What a rookie I'm being this morning...
edit on 14-11-2016 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

It's easy to get dizzy in the spin zone, Bo. Deep breaths...pretty dresses....flowers...

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
For everyone who has gotten upset by all the non-leftists freely expressing themselves. . . .

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

Don't expect an answer to that. The right just grabbed control of the government and they STILL can't stop telling lies about how the left thinks and acts.

We just have to look at the kinds of people you send to congress. We look at the tactics the DNC used to make sure Hillary won the nomination. We watch the race baiting and divisiveness going on. We watch the rioting and looting going on then and now. We watch the Election reaction compilation videos on YouTube. We hear the words being said and the names being slung at us. We see the left beating up people, and we see them make false accusations about being beat up.

Don't talk to any of us about what you think you know when it comes to how the left thinks and acts. You've been very wrong.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

You think I'm upset about anything? You are under a misunderstanding of why I come to these forums and post here. I do it cause I'm bored at work. I'm not upset about anyone protesting and if I wasn't bored I probably wouldn't even be aware of you people complaining about people protesting.

PS: I don't care if you like me or not. I never claimed to be your friend anyways.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join