It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

A Vote for Trump Was A Hate Crime says HuffPo

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Krazysh0t

All I've been hearing for the last 8 years is how racist I am for not agreeing with Obama.

How is that not hyperbole?

I never claimed that the left wasn't guilty of using hyperbole. Though you are being hyperbolic with this statement here since you know DAMN well that you weren't called a racist for 8 years of your life. Most of the times you are just adding yourself in through guilt by association to other people being called racists. I bet no one has even called you a racist to your face in these last 8 years.

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Advantage

a reply to: dfnj2015

Republicans won. All the liberals have been vanquished from government. We have strong one-party rule. What more do you want?

For liberals to tell the truth and stop rioting.

After 8 years of Republican hyperbole, I think you better settle in for a long Presidency. The left is going to hammer Trump hard.

I know you care.. so as a personal favor to me.. can you convince others to at the very least come up with better material for hammering?? Just a little more credible?

I make no promises for other people's actions. I can promise you that just like Bush' Presidency, the left will probably do most of their hammering though comedy, satire, and sarcasm instead of hyperbole and lies. Though there will be a smattering of that as well. Just not as bad as the right does.

What difference does it make what the left says. The Republicans control all three branches of government. We finally have undivided rule in this country. The Republicans are now in charge of everything. The Democrats have very little power in this country after this election.

link   

Republicans won. All the liberals have been vanquished from government. We have strong one-party rule. What more do you want?

For liberals to tell the truth and stop rioting.

After 8 years of Republican hyperbole, I think you better settle in for a long Presidency. The left is going to hammer Trump hard.

I know you care.. so as a personal favor to me.. can you convince others to at the very least come up with better material for hammering?? Just a little more credible?

I make no promises for other people's actions. I can promise you that just like Bush' Presidency, the left will probably do most of their hammering though comedy, satire, and sarcasm instead of hyperbole and lies. Though there will be a smattering of that as well. Just not as bad as the right does.

What difference does it make what the left says. The Republicans control all three branches of government. We finally have undivided rule in this country. The Republicans are now in charge of everything. The Democrats have very little power in this country after this election.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

The left is going to hammer Trump hard.

They already are on CNN. Regardless of a person's political bent, the truth is that CNN has become far less about "news" than it has about "All Politics, All the Time" and all from a left leaning perspective.

Don't get me wrong, FOX is no better. I mean honestly, I can remember watching the Fox business segments on Saturday mornings for hot stock ideas. Now they have an entire Fox Business Channel that's 100% of the time political.

I honestly have to wonder, from the perspective of a "business model", just how long and how successful 24 hour Politics channels can be.

There ARE other things and news happening around the world that are far more interesting and important than the soap opera of US politics. Good luck finding about any of it on US tv news channels. So my question is.....two fold, 1) who watches this crap and 2) do they really think that they can cause those of us who are only casually interested in politics to suddenly be converted to "political junkies" permanently glued to the CNN for our life's blood of interests?

Don't know about the rest of the population, but it certainly has not worked on me.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: carewemust
I HATE the direction this country is going in, and I HATE the Huffingpoop Post,and CNN.

So Bring it on, HuffPoop!

How about a press that is objective?

Even the vaunted New York Times had to issue an apology to its readers for biased reporting on the campaign.

Just watch Fox News or go to InforWars for your objectivity.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I think the article was expressing mostly opinions. Opinions are not factual regardless of the source:

"It is not news that throughout his campaign Trump spend an enormous amount of time spewing hate and vitriol at women, Muslims, Latino and the disabled. Brushing things like sexual assault braggadocio off as “locker room talk” and not seeing him held accountable by his supporters, the GOP or more of the media was at best disappointing. Actually is was infuriating. And embarrassing.

We saw protesters at Trump rallies mocked, beaten and arrested. As the crowd cheers along like a mob.

So it should come as no surprise that many – not all – but many of the disenfranchised voters supporting Trump felt not only validated but empowered but this victory. Enough to create a climate where they are far less hesitant to act on their hate. I thought about how after eight years of a powerful, effective African-American President with integrity we now will have a President endorsed by the KKK."

I've been saying this for about a year and a half now, but duh.
edit on 14-11-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Just not as bad as the right does.

Ahh damn... it was going so well

and then that last line!

**throws molotov @ Krazy**

No you misunderstand me. I'm not saying the right is worse than the left here. I'm saying that their tactics are different. The right uses more hyperbole and emotion to sell its rhetoric. The left uses more comedy, satire, and sarcasm to sell its rhetoric. That's not to say that either side won't cross over and use other tactics, but those are just their bread and butter.
edit on 14-11-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I HATE the direction this country is going in, and I HATE the Huffingpoop Post,and CNN.

Even the vaunted New York Times had to issue an apology to its readers for biased reporting on the campaign.

Sorry, your answer is a fail.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Ehehhehehe, first they grabbed the pitchforks and torches, now they are looking for scapegoats when they only have themselves to blame!!!

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

What idiots. One thing that shouldnt be watered down is the term "hate crime"... and by claiming the right to vote is a hate crime does just that. REAL hate crimes are abhorrent, but never get in the way of Huffpo's bombastic rhetoric to pull in hysterical readers that agree with that sort of crap...

It was just a hook to get readers to click on the link. The article itself did not seem to present any arguments supporting the hook. It's classic advertising technique. Everyone wants to make money. I think Republicans are being too sensitive with this article.

Republicans won regardless of the so called "leftist" media which is mostly owned by Republicans. I don't understand what you all are arguing about. This thread is insane. Republicans control all three branches of government. What more do you want?

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: projectvxn
It's this kind of crap that will keep us divided.
I'm so sick of the same people calling me names then calling for peace and unity.

Which part of this do you disagree with:

"But does calling this vote a hate crime sound extreme? Not if you look at the definition. A hate crime is one motivated by prejudice, fear or intolerance toward an individual’s national origin, ethnicity, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability."

Or, do you just generally disagree with the categorization of anything Trump as saying could be classified as intolerance?

I would suggest that the vast majority, if not nearly every, vote cast for Trump was for one of the following reasons:

1) the promise of a stronger economy
2) the promise of negotiating better trade deals
3) the promise to create a lot of jobs, and to revive manufacturing in America
4) to promote secure borders, and national security in general
5) to revitalize the American military, and to properly care for Veterans
6) to repair and replace the country's infrastructure (roads, bridges, airports, schools, etc.) and to rebuild the inner cities
7) to get rid of Obamacare, and reduce individual's health care burdens
8) to reduce taxes

So, given this, a vote for Trump was a "hate crime" because...why?

The reasons given in the article are based on leftist propaganda...and speak to "fears" that people now have, arising out of that false narrative.

The groups that those “deplorables” love to hate and feel threatened by are now under attack: LGBT people, people of color, women, Muslims, the disabled and many others.

These groups are now all under attack...really?

Are we supposed to take seriously that, for example, Trump's election means that there is now a war against the disabled? What is that supposed to be looking like?

I checked on several people who were expressing a level of fear that seem like it could lead to self-harm. I saw friends saying that they desperately needed to seek support at a twelve-step meeting or some other refuge. I saw pleas for self-care and to not let fear overwhelm us.

Wow...people...take a deep breath. No need to hurt yourselves (if people are inclined to do so, they themselves are the ones they need to directly fear)...if your angst is severe enough that you need professional help/support, by all means seek it out - but make sure you explore all of the reasons why your personal constitution is so fragile.

Here is the reality. If Trump does a good job, and is a responsible President for all of the people, then you had nothing/little to fear. If Trump turns out to be a bad President, and he tramples on so many people's rights (as you fear) - he can get tossed out in 4 years.

He hasn't been appointed king or dictator...just the POTUS, with limited powers and a term limit.

Breathe....

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Sorry, your answer is a fail.

Are you saying Fox News is too far to the left?

Wow. If you really want to understand the left, check out the articles on Mother Jones. Compared to them, MS-NBC and CNN are right wingers:

www.motherjones.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Just not as bad as the right does.

Ahh damn... it was going so well

and then that last line!

**throws molotov @ Krazy**

No you misunderstand me. I'm not saying the right is worse than the left here. I'm saying that their tactics are different. The right uses more hyperbole and emotion to sell its rhetoric. The left uses more comedy, satire, and sarcasm to sell its rhetoric. That's not to say that either side won't cross over and use other tactics, but those are just their bread and butter.

OOps.. sorry for my premature molotovulation...

** pats down the raging maddog 2020 fueled flames engulfing Krazy**

To be serious.. a rarity.. Im thinking that many many of us could get together on more issues than fight about if we LISTENED.. and didnt just draw party lines in the sand over who supported who. "Trump supporter" is spat like venom .. and usually ends any real productive meeting of the minds.. just as well as "Clinton supporter". Id think now that the elections are over.. we have who we have for better or worse, we'd figure out in the end we are all on the sme team.. TEAM AMERICA.. joke.. We are all Americans... and are much more strong together than so deeply divided. Even if its only on certain issues .. hell, find some common ground!

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale

originally posted by: DBCowboy
It's this kind of crap that will keep us divided.
I'm so sick of the same people calling me names then calling for peace and unity.

Which part of this do you disagree with:

"But does calling this vote a hate crime sound extreme? Not if you look at the definition. A hate crime is one motivated by prejudice, fear or intolerance toward an individual’s national origin, ethnicity, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability."

Or, do you just generally disagree with the categorization of anything Trump as saying could be classified as intolerance?

I would suggest that the vast majority, if not nearly every, vote cast for Trump was for one of the following reasons:

1) the promise of a stronger economy
2) the promise of negotiating better trade deals
3) the promise to create a lot of jobs, and to revive manufacturing in America
4) to promote secure borders, and national security in general
5) to revitalize the American military, and to properly care for Veterans
6) to repair and replace the country's infrastructure (roads, bridges, airports, schools, etc.) and to rebuild the inner cities
7) to get rid of Obamacare, and reduce individual's health care burdens
8) to reduce taxes

So, given this, a vote for Trump was a "hate crime" because...why?

The reasons given in the article are based on leftist propaganda...and speak to "fears" that people now have, arising out of that false narrative.

The groups that those “deplorables” love to hate and feel threatened by are now under attack: LGBT people, people of color, women, Muslims, the disabled and many others.

These groups are now all under attack...really?

Are we supposed to take seriously that, for example, Trump's election means that there is now a war against the disabled? What is that supposed to be looking like?

I checked on several people who were expressing a level of fear that seem like it could lead to self-harm. I saw friends saying that they desperately needed to seek support at a twelve-step meeting or some other refuge. I saw pleas for self-care and to not let fear overwhelm us.

Wow...people...take a deep breath. No need to hurt yourselves (if people are inclined to do so, they themselves are the ones they need to directly fear)...if your angst is severe enough that you need professional help/support, by all means seek it out - but make sure you explore all of the reasons why your personal constitution is so fragile.

Here is the reality. If Trump does a good job, and is a responsible President for all of the people, then you had nothing/little to fear. If Trump turns out to be a bad President, and he tramples on so many people's rights (as you fear) - he can get tossed out in 4 years.

He hasn't been appointed king or dictator...just the POTUS, with limited powers and a term limit.

Breathe....

The title of the article was purely a gimmick to hook left leaning people to click on the link. You know how you know it was a hook? Because nothing in the article supported the claim in the hook. I think many right wing websites use the same hook technique for their readers.

I agree that the article was a little over the top. But why does the article matter at all? I don't understand why this thread even exists. What are Republican's so afraid of? Republicans control all three branches of government. Almost all the liberals have been vanquished from government.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Yeah I start tuning people out when they break out the political slurs. It really lowers things for everyone...

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Yes youve said that.. repeatedly. We got it. Thanks. Now get with the discussion that morphed from the OP... as threads usually do.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Yes youve said that.. repeatedly. We got it. Thanks. Now get with the discussion that morphed from the OP... as threads usually do.

At least I read the article.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

they want all dissenting opinion to stop. only praise for trump and the republican party is acceptable, all else is "poop"

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
This is abuse of language (even a crime against language).
"Hate crime" is actually a sub-category of the category "crime".
The contributor seems not to understand that something must be a crime before it can be categorised as a hate-crime.
However, by calling it a crime he has justified doing things to punish it, and I suppose that was the object of the exercise.

edit on 14-11-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

they want all dissenting opinion to stop. only praise for trump and the republican party is acceptable, all else is "poop"

Dont speak for me. Its rude and frankly, its presumptuous and arrogant.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join