It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

New York Times: Trump’s Election Leaves Merkel as the Liberal West’s Last Defender

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Merkel is on her way out the door with the rest of the PC brigade. Her legacy will be spearheading the EU's open doors policy that brought economic strain, widespread violence, police capitulation and a rape epidemic into Germany.

Angela Merkel damaged as German far-Right surges in Berlin elections

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Merkel is on her way out the door with the rest of the PC brigade. Her legacy will be spearheading the EU's open doors policy that brought economic strain, widespread violence, police capitulation and a rape epidemic into Germany.

Her legacy will be a rebirth of the Reich if her opponents get their way.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

I don't know about her opponents, but the German people are certainly sick of her #.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

I don't know about her opponents, but the German people are certainly sick of her #.

Just like they were sick of the liberal # of the Weimar Republic. We all know how this is going to end.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   

It's already ending. The left had control of the west for a decade and have failed so miserably that they are being voted out in spades.

Brexit, Tory majority in the UK, President Trump, Merkel on her way out, Marine Le Pen surging in France. When are they going to figure out that you can't just ignore the grievances of the people as a whole just to pander to select groups.

They're falling... hard.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
Of course Merkel and her defenders in the media are never described as the hard left ideologues they are.

Made me spit my water around the room, while i fell to the floor because of sarcastic laughing.
Who describes that neoconservative because US ruled puppet as far left, must be soooo far on the right that he even can´t see the left shore anymore.

Everything that is not GeStaPo, KZ, blue eyed and blonde haired is far left nowadays?
Sad world, a world where sane people have to become freedomfighters, if the worlds shifts more into that ugly brown nazi world!

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

It's already ending. The left had control of the west for a decade and have failed so miserably that they are being voted out in spades.

Brexit, Tory majority in the UK, President Trump, Merkel on her way out, Marine Le Pen surging in France. When are they going to figure out that you can't just ignore the grievances of the people as a whole just to pander to select groups.

They're falling... hard.

And the nazis are the saviours because....?
Because in the past everything nazis did was so wonderful that Naziland became Disneyland, that shines till today, full of freedom and liberty loving people that live all in wealth?

The old puppets have to fall, the old system has to fall, but nazis are only good to destroy, not to build something that would be good for the "concerned and enraged" citizens.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

They're falling... hard.

You seem pleased that old the old wounds are about to flare up. Russia needs a chunk of Poland so they can access Koenigsburg. But that chunk of Poland is East Prussia, which is ethnically German. Poland can't look to NATO for protection because Trump does not think they have been pulling their weight. Besides, we want to work with Russia, not antagonize it.

The irony is that the EU was formed to make Europe into a unified economic power that can rival the United States and China... and banishing the specter of war from Western Europe forever. That vision is being replaced by a much, much darker one.
edit on 14-11-2016 by DJW001 because: Edit to polish style.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

That depends on your interpretation of liberal doesn't it?

Does liberal mean pro-choice for women? Trump is looking to have 'pro-life' (anti abortion) Supreme Court Judges. Most if not all European countries are pro choice.

Does liberal mean allowing same sex marriage? Trump has stated that although he has been to a same sex marriage, he is opposed to it. Many European countries made same sex marriage legal in the last few years and show no signs of repealing it.

So, what is your definition of liberal? Is it by any chance subtly all about immigration?

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Unfortunately the word "liberal" has been poisoned.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Was it Putin?

Brexit was something that was worked on for decades, and the people had the final word.

And the immigration crisis is the fault of mainly the US and it's allies.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Who the hell is talking about Nazis? Get real guys.

This is exactly why this is happening. Instead of engaging in a real discussion, you just resort to labeling people as Hitler. And you wonder why nobody is listening to you anymore.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Who the hell is talking about Nazis? Get real guys.

This is exactly why this is happening. Instead of engaging in a real discussion, you just resort to labeling people as Hitler. And you wonder why nobody is listening to you anymore.

Wow, i am sorry if it is not political correct enough to call Nazis what they are!
Should i describe it in another way, to make it political correct?
edit on 14 11 2016 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: uncommitted

Unfortunately the word "liberal" has been poisoned.

It certainly looks that way. I think it means to some people 'you believe things I don't like'.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I don't think there's anything wrong with a union of nations as long as it happens organically. What Progressives are trying to do is skip the process and jump straight to "I told you so."

It was the same thing with gay marriage in the US. I personally feel that we would have arrived to it being the law of the land as more and more of the individual states were allowing it independently. The Supreme Court smashed that "progress" by imposing its will on all states.

In the future, nation-states will come together and we will have one voice for our world, however it takes time. If we allow it to happen naturally then it will be accepted as a general consensus. Trying to force everyone into an Empire controlled by a central figure will never be universally, truly accepted.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I watched that video yesterday and I gotta say it was well constructed in those minutes... perfect for anyone to get a grip on whats actually wrong.

And i'll add that if there was a one World currency, then there wouldn't b this mass diference in quality of life.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

So opposition to the left's failed vision for Europe equates to Nazis???

Wow. Just wow.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Seriously. The left in America and around the Western world have been the stewards of Orwell's worst nightmares, then they call opposition to that Nazis. Unbelievable.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Yes; instead of a world without borders where everyone can come and go as they please, where human rights are universal, where everyone is considered equal before the law

Unless you support Trump.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

you dont get it do you , you dont know who are the good guys and who are the terrorists in a huge group , thats why you have immigration and security background check and meet with who ever wants to get a visiting visa , oh wait now if i wanted to get a visa to visit the US i have to take an appointment and wait and then fill in papers and and go to the embassy and get asked so many questions and after a week or two they tell me if its ok or not , but for immigrants from a region mixed from so many nice poor people and terrorists its ok ? give them free entry ?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join