It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Boston Marathon, some good news

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   
The judge involved in the case has released some case documents that were previously under seal in the Tsarnaev case. The document shows the govt were surveilling the older brother Tamerlan in 2011. While the ramifications of this are yet to be seen. More importantly it appears that judges have the discretion to withhold, or release, any document in a case. This should made note of when discussing high profile case such as Sandy Hook and others.

Will it lead to justice in the Tsarnaev case, who knows but we should note that the judge chose to release it when he did not have to. Lets hope this become contagious among judges particularly in now that Trump claims he wants to make America Great again.

I do'nt link much in my posts so just in case I have stuffed something up, you can copy and page this:

gumshoenews.com...

Marathon: Congrats to Justice George O’Toole for Telling the Truth November 6, 2016 by Dalia Mae 33 Comments sealed-envelope2Tamerlan Tsarnaev, and a sealed document by Mary W Maxwell, PhD, LLB

There has been a very exciting development in the Tsarnaev case. I got this news from a friend of Josée Lépine, who has spent every penny she can spare purchasing court documents. (You, too, can impoverish yourself this way, regarding any federal case, at PACER.gov) The new piece of vital information came in a release of court documents that were, until now, under seal. That is why I’m thanking Justice O’Toole, as it does appear – incredibly — that a judge has so much discretion that he can withhold, or release, any document in the case. George O’Toole is a justice of the of federal district court of Assachusetts. (I’m calling it that until Jahar’s case is properly adjudicated). The good judge has now released an amazing motion that was filed in court by the defense team. It shows that the government was surveilling the older brother Tamerlan in 2011. Originally O’Toole withheld more than a thousand documents. This meant that the public could not use the information contained therein in its evaluation of what was happening at Dzhokhar (Jahar) Tsarnaev’s trial. That media-hyped trial ran from March to April, 2015, two years after the Marathon bombing.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

What do you mean "Will it lead to justice"?

He was found guilty and sentenced to death. Now it's just waiting for the appeals process to finish so he can be executed. The releasing of case files has no bearing on the outcome.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: Azureblue

What do you mean "Will it lead to justice"?

He was found guilty and sentenced to death. Now it's just waiting for the appeals process to finish so he can be executed. The releasing of case files has no bearing on the outcome.

The fact that they had been watching the older brother since 2011 is exculpatory evidence and therefore is the basis of an appeal or at least a review of the case.

However, given that the prosecutions main evidence is a video of the bloke walking down the street with a dark or black bag over his shoulder which is the WRONG bag, and seemingly walking back up the street without it does not suggest that they will be too keen look at the evidence again in view of the this exculpatory evidence.

Remember the video showing the exploded bag which was balk and white with a WHITE rectangle on the top of it? That is bag the cops claimed the bomb was in,

new topics

join