It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom From Papers and Random Stuff!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I am still up packing. The movers will be here around 9am. I did procrastinate quite a lot with actual boxing of things, but I have spend the last couple weeks getting rid of things. Through selling too large furniture, hiring a junk man to empty the basement and having Amvets come 3 times to pick up donations. So, I actually think I will end up with lots of extra boxes and tape. I am through the worst of it.

As for papers, I am not good at throwing them out. Outdated records, ads that fill the mail daily. My daughter is in college and the buffet drawers were filled with her homework as far back as the third grade.

Besides drawers of papers, I had quite a good stack on the kitchen table and some in the living room. In the den....wow, I had about 10 boxes, 4 large totes a 2 drawer filing cabinet, and a few piles on the wrap around desk.

I am down to this:

I am so proud and feel so much lighter.

I have gotten rid of clothes I no longer wear, items my daughter no longer wants, mismatched dishes, tons of plasticwear. I have kept 2 pots and one pan, as the rest were losing the nonstick coating. Got rid of appliances I don't use, like toaster oven and bread maker. My entire bedroom set is sold or thrown away. A 12" memory foam mattress on a platform will be delivered tomorrow to the new place. I;ve always wanted one. The 4 poster took up my entire bedroom almost.
I threw out about 20 pair of shoes and 10 purses. Mismatched linens. Reduced the amount of things I collect as a hobby from 20 different things to about 3. Old holiday decorations.

I am tired, but as soon as I am in the new place and the movers are gone, I will sleep for 20 hours.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Its such a good feeling to move to a new house without all the rubbish but bloody hard work.

I've been decluttering for about 6 months now, I've been doing it bit by bit as and when and have filled loads of bin bags for charity/tip. I am a bit OCD'ish so having drawers and cupboards cluttered makes my mind feel the same. I've just gone through paperwork a couple of weeks ago, got all my son's reward certificates etc in a lever arch and organised and got rid if the scribbles from Year 1 etc and old bills. Felt so much better when it was all done.

Hope you find happiness in abundance in your new home with your new start (brand new colour coordinated toaster etc lol).a reply to: reldra

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

TY
Oh ya, getting some new stuff to match the shiny red microwave! Gonna try to keep to a theme in the kitchen for once.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Reldra,

You are soooooo lucky!

Every time I have had to move, we have had to do it with little warning, and virtually no help. It's always been chaos. The first time we moved, we moved sixteen years of crap. The second eighteen years, the third twenty some.

Rabbit in the headlights rather describes my experience of moving house. The next time I do it, I hope that I get six weeks to decorate, and three to actually put objects from one place, into the other, so that nothing is done in a mad rush, and everything gets done instead in an orderly fashion.

Bravo lady! You are doing it right!

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Best time for a re-invention. A restart, a clear out. So you can start again in hoarding, oops sorry collecting stuff.
Just a small question for you, have you ever slept on a memory foam mattress before? Virtually everyone I know kept going on about them. I bought one and slept on it for four nights. It was like sleeping on hot coals, too warm. I ended up giving it to my daughter.
Oh, good luck with the move.
edit on 14-11-2016 by crayzeed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join