It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Trump Supporters are Now Gloating for Proving the Left Was Wrong?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: olaru12
I just fired 2 young people, Trump supporters, from my store because they were gloating and pushing other employees around.

Now they are crying, saying they are sorry and didn't really mean it and want their job back. What should I do. Should they be forced to take personal responsibility for their mistreatment of other employees? Should I call their parents?
Can they be trusted to treat the customers with respect?

They are easily replaced.

This is a tough position. Since we're not privy to their actual intent, I would find it difficult to draw any meaningful conclusions personally. I think if you can nail down their true intent (was it really hostile or was it normal ribbing?) that might make it easier to give you an honest answer.

When I said "pushed other employees around" they were being physically aggressive and bullying. It was obvious their actual intent. They thought it was funny...those being abused didn't. I've decided to let them return and see what happens. We had a nice talk....
edit on 14-11-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

I just fired 2 young people, Trump supporters, from my store because they were gloating and pushing other employees around.

Now they are crying, saying they are sorry and didn't really mean it and want their job back. What should I do. Should they be forced to take personal responsibility for their mistreatment of other employees? Should I call their parents?
Can they be trusted to treat the customers with respect?

They are easily replaced.

This is a tough position. Since we're not privy to their actual intent, I would find it difficult to draw any meaningful conclusions personally. I think if you can nail down their true intent (was it really hostile or was it normal ribbing?) that might make it easier to give you an honest answer.

When I said "pushed other employees around" they were being physically aggressive and bullying. It was obvious their actual intent. They thought it was funny...those being abused didn't. I've decided to let them return and see what happens. We had a nice talk....

Well, "pushed around" takes on different meanings in different parts of the country, Ive noticed. Also takes on different meanings depending on demographic....for instance in my early teens a push followed by a "Don't be a moron!!" was never seen as physically aggressive but ribbing someone...but try and do something identical in, say, Utah and everyone covers their mouth.

Anyway, I don't think I would have immediately let them return to work either...perhaps maybe suspended them for a day or two, just as a sign of the gravity of the act especially given the riotous climate after the election, but I'm sure you made the best possible choice for you!

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Great video that - there are so many liberal media and Hollywood types eating plates and plates of crow. I am going to enjoy watching them. One thing is for sure...the MSM has no more credibility. They got Trumped.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

elected would never have "partied like it's 1999" if she won, 

What made you use that particular phrase? Was that mentioned in the video by chance? I can't watch videos, but I'm sure curious why you chose to quote those particular song lyrics in your post.

Because it's been used by the press in various places to refer to Clinton and her campaign in various ways?

www.courier-journal.com...

dailyillini.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

twitter.com...

www.ooyuz.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Of course, whats was the interplay leading up to this too. Was there passive aggression from the other employees you maybe didn't catch that was its own form of egging on?

It doesn't excuse unwanted physical aggression, but it can lead to it.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

You might like... classic

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Meh, been there done that.

But it does get confusing over time.

Glad I didn't die before I got old.

edit on 11 14 2016 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Kukri

Make sure and be one of the first to subscribe to whatever new "educational system will fix your marbles".

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

No?... You don't think among all the protestors there are left wing business owners? Not everyone who thinks like that CEO will openly state it would they?

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Were you there to actually watch this happen? As an associate manager, decades ago, I have had my share of people who would whine that I was oppressing them because they would rather spend their time just hanging around at the store not doing anything and talk to female employees from other stores than actually do work that needed to be done.
edit on 14-11-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
*sigh* Another trump circle jerk of whining crybabies. lol Would someone please pass out the snickers? That aughta fix all you "wing nut conspiracy freak hate monger homophobe islamaphobe bigot racist small minded kool aid drinking basement dwellers." If only. lol

Your psych warfare has prevailed, yet you salt the wounds. There will be no apologies cupcake. get over it. lmao

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
EU........I've known those kids for a long time. Their folks shop in my store frequently. They admitted they were Trump supporters and that was fine until they started the gloating and physically assaulting other employees that I trust implicatelly. I think they were just caught up in the macho Highschool BS displayed by male adolescents seeking a macho image. Blew up in their face....

I will not tolerate that type of white trash behavior in my place of business. It's F***in hard enough to keep the doors open anyway with out that BS.

I gave em another chance.
edit on 14-11-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

(post by Majorsetback removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoAngel2u
*sigh* Another trump circle jerk of whining crybabies. lol Would someone please pass out the snickers? That aughta fix all you "wing nut conspiracy freak hate monger homophobe islamaphobe bigot racist small minded kool aid drinking basement dwellers." If only. lol

Your psych warfare has prevailed, yet you salt the wounds. There will be no apologies cupcake. get over it. lmao

I think I speak for everyone when I say, I would pay good money to hear you say that outloud. lol

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

AH...you said HONEST ,not POLITICALLY CORRECT.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: alphabetaone

AH...you said HONEST ,not POLITICALLY CORRECT.

lol...I DO slip up from time to time.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

DUDE...I snorked some of my bean soup!
And then blew out some of the beans out my nose!
ROFLMAO

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: Kukri

Make sure and be one of the first to subscribe to whatever new "educational system will fix your marbles".

I secured my well balanced education years ago on two different continents and continue to advance my knowledge by educating myself to this very day, which is more than I can say for some.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join