It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aleister Crowley

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
This man was a genus

Why is he the most evil man just because he mixes religions together.

Its funny how people claim hes an anti Christ when he whwres a cross and wasn’t he a Christian when he was little
LOL

Who ever said Christians cant be occultists?

There is Christian occultists

They mix Christianity with other religions

They are probably Satanists that worship Jesus and Satan

That’s how weird they are now adays

Mod Edit: to remove ALL-CAPS from thread title and completely retype this post as it was also in ALL-CAPS.

*Please do not use ALL-CAP typing when posting to ATS.*

[edit on 25-1-2005 by kinglizard]

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I'm not sure that he could be truthfully classified as a species, let alone a GENUS or family or order. Mind you, maybe he could self-replicate.

Let me be the first to anticipate the onslaught of hellfire directed at your all-caps style, in an otherwise interesting collection of thoughts, Mr AC Devotee.

[edit on 25-1-2005 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but what is the point of this thread?

P.S.- STOP YELLING AT ME

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Aleister claimed himself that he was the beast. A self proclaimed heroin addict and sex "fiend," and a racist to boot .

But was he the wickedest man on Earth? Not even close

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   
your opinion of crowley and of the mixing of religions aside (as a seperate topic not being discussed by me here)

the bible explicitly states no wizardry (wise ones), astrology(observing times, raindancing), palm reading, foreign gods, channeling/spiritism, graven images(signs)/idols, divination, necromancy, soothsayings, enchanters, sorcerors/ess, fortunetelling, or passing throu the fire. 1tim6 and 2tim2 also warn us of vain babblings. and jewish fables 1tim4.

dueteronomy 18
leviticus 20
dueteronomy 4 (for the graven images, symbols part)

not all specifically prohibit the Occult as a teaching of symbology and nature specifically, but id say 99% of it was just covered.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
There can indeed be Christian occultists. In fact, all religions are technically occultic, because they deal with those things that are hidden from the senses.

But Crowley was far from a Christian. In his autobiography, he describes being raised in a Christian fundamentalist cult called the Plymout Brethren. He was nearly beaten to death by several of his church's elders when he was caught masturbating at age 12.

By the time Crowley reached his 20's, he was strongly anti-Christian. His writings are soaked with his anti-Christian viewpoints. He considered Christianity to be lies invented to dupe the masses into obedience, a belief he developed after having studied Nietzsche in college. Furthermore, he considered Christians to be the vilest of hypocrites, and developed this belief from his own experiences living in Victorian England.

Judging from his childhood experiences, it is not surprising that he turned against Christianity; he was constantly abused as a child in the name of that religion. It is unfortunate that, in his adulthood, he dumped all of Christendom together during his poetic attacks on them, but from a psychological viewpoint, it is understandable why he did this.

When he wasn't ranting and raving about how evil Christians were, he actually from time to time showed great scholarly merit, and his knowledge of the Kabalah and Ceremonial Magick was certainly on an expert level.

Crowley, like his idol Nietzsche, therefore present to us a contradiction. Their criticism of popular religion and cultural norms have validity and should seriously be considered, but their proposed solutions to these problems are not ideal.

[edit on 25-1-2005 by Masonic Light]

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I wouldn't say "most" evil....Hitler's still got that market pretty well cornered.....

Still, Crowley himself proclaimed himself to be evil, and promoted himself as such. Many of his acts supported the claim, despite any genius shown...

Evil geniusses....not just for breakfast anymore....

new topics

top topics

join