It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Bernie Sanders Just Asserted Not to Prosecute Clinton Because...Democracy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
The comment in question starts at 1:38 in the video below. Sanders' argument for not prosecuting Clinton comes down to...

"The idea in a democracy, in the United States of America, that a winning candidate would try to imprison the losing candidate, that's what dictatorships are about. That's what authoritarian countries are about. You do not imprison somebody you ran against because you have differences of opinion."

www.youtube.com...

The differences of opinion would be those of us who believe that Clinton belongs in jail versus Clinton's opinion that she doesn't. Sanders may have just revolutionized the criminal justice system. How many people would love to tell the judge after being convicted...

"You do not imprison somebody because you have differences of opinion."

The fact that Trump ran against Clinton has nothing to do with whether Clinton belongs in prison. Sanders used a nice red herring there. I would call it a non sequitur.

The reason that Sanders is taking this stance in my view is because it would hurt the image of the Democratic Party a lot. Can anyone imagine a former First Lady, Secretary of State, and Democratic Party candidate for president going to prison? That would do more damage to the party than almost anything I can think of.

This proves to me that Sanders' morals are no different than most liberals...
edit on 13-11-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
The comment in question starts at 1:38 in the video below. Sanders' argument for not prosecuting Clinton comes down to...

"The idea in a democracy, in the United States of America, that a winning candidate would try to imprison the losing candidate, that's what dictatorships are about. That's what authoritarian countries are about. You do not imprison somebody you ran against because you have differences of opinion."

www.youtube.com...

The differences of opinion would be those of us who believe that Clinton belongs in jail versus Clinton's opinion that she doesn't. Sanders may have just revolutionized the criminal justice system. How many people would love to tell the judge after being convicted...

"You do not imprison somebody because you have differences of opinion."

The fact that Trump ran against Clinton has nothing to do with whether Clinton belongs in prison. Sanders used a nice red herring there. I would call it a non sequitur.

The reason that Sanders is taking this stance in my view is because it would hurt the image of the Democratic Party a lot. Can anyone imagine a former first lady, Secretary of State, and Democratic Party candidate for president going to prison? That would do more damage to the party almost anything I can think of.

Your last statement reduces greatly your credibility. "Morals are no better than most liberals." Pretty stereotypical of you.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

It really doesn't matter, Trump isn't going imprison his political opposition, that's just how it is. There's a larger picture here he is beholden to. Sanders is irrelevant.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
As I recall it had nothing to do with different opinions I'm pretty sure it was because she broke the law..

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Oh, geeze where has Bernie been? Oh, wait, never mind. Yeah, anyway it's not about difference of opinion.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
And in an oligarchy you don't throw rich and powerful people in prison - ever.

This man is such a fraud.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   

The reason Bernie stood down is because the Clintons have enough dirt on him too "Put a Knife in his back" according to the Podesta leak...so he would say that wouldn't he>

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Funny...he says it would be wrong to imprison her over differences in opinion...which would be correct. Except that wasn't the question which he so cleverly skirted. He was being asked if she should be pardoned for breaking the law...bit different than differing opinions. This is the slime of politics at work people...this is what our bloated taxes pay for.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Honestly i couldnt care less is she went to jail over the email thing. She is out of politics for good.No need to jail her but i believe they should take an honest look into who hacker her server and if it had anything to do with china getting its hands on this?

www.heritage.org...

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: digital01anarchy
Honestly i couldnt care less is she went to jail over the email thing. She is out of politics for good.No need to jail her

Shame that doesn't apply to the 'ordinary' citizen who has committed crimes

*Free get out of jail card*

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I'll let the judicial system decide if she should be punished. That is their job. If she does wind up in prison, Trump can use a presidential pardon to get her out.

When Trump gets in he should pardon the person in the military who didn't do things correctly because the government should not punish one government employee when they didn't punish another who did a similar crime.
edit on 14-11-2016 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Once Trump replaces the corrupt people in the justice department and the FBI, then those agencies can do their correct job of prosecuting Hillary for her long laundry list of federal crimes, most are felonies. So it won't be Trump doing that, it will be the correct and proper use of the justice system, which under Obama is so corrupt as to beggar past comparison, and more resembles his personal defense team of officials.
edit on 14-11-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Leaving aside whether or not HRC should be prosecuted, Bernie's logic is completely baffling to me.

In those places where political opponents are jailed by a prevailing party, it's usually merely done for political reasons to consolidate power and simply because they represent a potential future political threat.

In HRC's case, the crimes she is accused of are completely unrelated to the political process. It is asserted she broke our laws. Period. If that is true, there is nothing wrong with prosecuting her for those violations.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

This proves to me that Bernie Sanders is as corrupt as Hillary Clinton.
edit on 14-11-2016 by HeywoodFloyd because: edit

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   

It would be a disappointment... If this is the 'draining the swamp' that Trump promised?
Well, lets just hope she will get an indictment and will get a fair trial. Thats the only justice.. Let the judge decide if she is guilty or not! Not all these political powerplay opinions/games.
edit on 17-05-1983 by Goedhardt because: typo

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Bernies keeping the rioters and anti Trump people wound up with that statement....good job Bernie....and he could be posturing for another presidential run ...if he lives that long ? ( because of his age )...but of course ,if Clinton broke the law with her Emails, and her pay to play , then she should go to jail !

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
We've been making lists of charges against Hillary Clinton for years now. That's hardly banana-republic opponent jailing. It's just recognizing corruption when you seen it.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

the clinton look to have written an iron clad terms of agreement with bernie. what a fraud and disapointment he became.

i dont like trump but i dont recall him saying that he was going to get elected and then throw her in jail he said he was going to open and or continue the investigations.

if she is innocent she has nothing to worry about , right?

edit on 361130America/ChicagoMon, 14 Nov 2016 07:36:20 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Trump gave a 60 Minutes interview where he apparently said he wouldn't appoint a special prosecutor for Hillary. The MSM is trying to spin this into saying Trump is backing down from his threats to jail her.

Except, why would Trump need a special prosecutor? If there's compelling evidence of guilt (and we know there is), then he can tell the DOJ to file charges. Special prosecutors are for when you can't trust the normal channels.

This is assuming Obama doesn't issue a blanket pardon to the Clintons, of course. I'm still hoping he doesn't. We know he doesn't really like Hillary. I'd be laughing hysterically if the day after the inauguration, he's like "Well, shoot, I thought I wrote out a pardon. Guess it got lost somewhere
"

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Bernie is kind of irrelevant. He is not the one who promised to throw her in jail. I would love to see her tried for child sex slaves and blood sacrifices, or vindicated.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join