It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manors and Decorum, still posted on site somewhere?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I can not find this on the site anywhere, I have used it in the past "debating at work and amongst friends", and have asked someone to refer to it, but it appears to no longer be posted as a general or expected rule.
Where did it go?

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I would suspect that even a general sense of proper decorum that we as people could afford one another seems to have gone by the way around here. Sure there are site guidelines, but most if not all of these should already part of each of our approaches to life. Yet it seems not. I think the mods have just given up and hope this madness that is whirling around us dissipates on it's own.

This place has gotten so toxic that even postings given the most thoughtful consideration to decorum and politeness seem to be taken with animosity. It may be a lost cause.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
It's going to take an act of GOD for ATS to change back. The inmates are in control of the asylum.

There's also a negative side....

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
It just reflects our country as a whole.
Even if people don't realize it, this country is fighting for its own survival.
This is a civil war, its just being fought with words rather than guns.
Lets pray that's as far as it goes.
The last time, we lost 620,000 Americans.

I would also plead to the staff, that this truly is major conflict.
And, that censoring freedom of speech at this critical time could do far more harm, than good, to the republic.
Free and open political discussions are the very foundation of this great nation.
If what we say has to be regulated, then we have already lost.

Buck

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
I would suspect that even a general sense of proper decorum that we as people could afford one another seems to have gone by the way around here. Sure there are site guidelines, but most if not all of these should already part of each of our approaches to life. Yet it seems not. I think the mods have just given up and hope this madness that is whirling around us dissipates on it's own.

This place has gotten so toxic that even postings given the most thoughtful consideration to decorum and politeness seem to be taken with animosity. It may be a lost cause.

I agree especially in the past year. Try post a thread asking about a concern then proceed to be dumped on(trolled and seemingly safe ad hominem attacks) by "respected members".
edit on 14-11-2016 by dreamingawake because: spellcheck issue?

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
🤗nm
edit on 14-11-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

Yet should not free men and women work with themselves to find a common ground, at least for discussion? This common ground among free people can and should be decided communally among those involved and need not as you say have moderators enforcing some rules from 'outside' the conversation. But yet again this 'common ground' seems so often to be eschewed by many who insist that free speech is merely their own right to say what ever the hell they want with little to no consideration for others involved in a thread.
As you say, free and open political discussion ARE the very foundation of this great nation. But yet, once more, this is discussion. DISCUSSION. True political discussion is not in question here. What is in question is can our members here involve themselves IN discussion rather than the one way diatribes and one sided posturing that is so prevalent at this time. As this seems a near fruitless hope coupled with our desire to be un-regulated, I have to conclude that your last phrase is indeed the case. We have all lost.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I have been looking for decor ideas for my new manor.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
You can try to reason,explain,question them and even try to make them laugh. But at this point in time the logic breakers are off in some people's brain.
Some might think I've been a jerk/harsh/overly critical/not funny/not smart but I'm fine with that. Feel free to say what you want about my posts/comments/replies. You have that right on ATS just use some respect or logic and depending on the forum your "facts" might come into question and for now i will use a sliding scale depending on the forum and what is said.
Politics can evoke feelings people never knew they had or unleash a coiled beast that they've been waiting a long time in some cases to "let off" If it means being a jerk here on ATS in the political mud pit while venting instead of actually going out and breaking ANY laws i am all for it. When will it end???

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
It's going to take an act of GOD for ATS to change back. The inmates are in control of the asylum.

Yep. It has gottern pretty bad.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
I have been looking for decor ideas for my new manor.

a reply to: Doc Holiday
I hope we aren't required to have manors to post on ATS because I don't have any, just a bungalow.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I am going to say the same thing a couple of the moderators told me when we were PM'ing about how toxic the political discourse has become. They said, 'Make an Off Topic thread and take your mind off it.' So I made several, and they were right.

I had some fun and hopefully the posters who participated in them had some fun as well.

edit on 14-11-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Zazz 2020!

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Not an act of god, an act of mod. They really need to step it up to Hella Strict level of T&C adherence for the foreseeable future, and generously dole out post bans on the first few falters.
If people don't get it still after those adjustment "grace periods", perma-ban hammer time. Will the proverbial halls be crickety? Hell yeah. Will people get the hint? Probably, and those who don't can sulk away.

new topics

top topics

join