It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cass Elliot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
While i was doing some research i came across the vocals of Mama Cass Eliot, a time when Music was actually music, instead of the S# industry of today..
Golden Era of Music 60-70s, when quality was a priority instead of quantity..
--
Cass Elliot

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Dont have to twist my arm on that one..Pink Floyd, Sabbath, Zepplin, Hendrix plus so many others all in their prime...

To me this is the greatest male vocal performance of all time and it is from the era you are talking about..

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Not to brag but I sing very like her. Well I try anyway. One of my favorites to sing at karaoke is Dream a Little Dream.
At our regular group it's considered my signature song.
Thanks for bringing her.
The Mamas and the Papas had a unique and beautiful .sound.

Of course Cass had a unique voice too and it's hard to get her just right. I love her but don't really do her the justice she deserves.
edit on 11142016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

What's so funny about what you said was that parents thought the music of the sixties and seventies was wild and the lyrics impossible to understand.
The Mamas and the Papas were a special genre akin to folk music like Peter, Paul and Mary or in the seventies Carole King or Cat Stevens types. It was special in that it wasn't wild and hard to understand. I was drawn to this gentler sound amidst the birth of heavy metal groups like Alice Cooper or Iron Maiden. I also was drawn to the sounds of the Moody Blues which offered orchestral rock like Chicago.

top topics

join