It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Trump rant gets Wanda Sykes Booed, she Tells em to F-U, Flips them the BIRD

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Wanda Sykes was the 5th comedian to grace the stage at a cancer fund raiser. She went on a anti Trump rant with the usual he's a racist, sexist....The crowd booed her starting at 5 minutes into her set and it didn't stop. She finished her set and flipped the crowd off and gave a hardy F-U, keep in mind this is the the 22nd annual fund riser for cancer.

Anti Trump talk may be reaching it's limit? Or was it the audience?

Famed comedian Wanda Sykes gave the TD Garden crowd the middle finger as she walked off the stage last night after her rant about President-elect Donald Trump was met by a chorus of boos from some of the thousands who turned out for the 22nd annual Comics Come Home fundraiser.

Sykes, who was the fifth comic to take the stage at the benefit for The Cam Neely Foundation for Cancer Care, was roundly booed by many of those in attendance after the lesbian comic blasted the newly elected president for being a racist and a homophobe.

“I am certain this is not the first time we’ve elected a racist, sexist, homophobic president,” she said.

Although other comics, including Worcester native Denis Leary, waded into politics during their sets — Danvers’ own Nick DiPaolo was booed during his — it seemed the crowd reacted far more harshly to Sykes’ take on Trump and the California comedian was quick to fire back.

“(Expletive) you, (expletive) you, (expletive) you,” Sykes said to the audience members who were booing her set at the country’s longest-running comedy fundraiser.

The booing began about five minutes into Sykes’ performance and she stayed on stage to finish her set, also delivering jokes on topics outside of the political realm.

But before she left the stage, Sykes flipped the three-quarters capacity crowd the finger when the boo-birds came back out to send her off the stage.

Before she exited stage left, a woman came out and gave Sykes a hug and a big kiss while throwing up a peace sign, prompting wild cheers from the audience.

As he came out to introduce the next comic in the lineup, Leary defended Sykes, telling the crowd she came all the way from L.A. for the benefit and deserved their respect.

www.bostonherald.com...
edit on 13-11-2016 by seasonal because: title spacing

edit on 13-11-2016 by seasonal because: FOUND VID

edit on 13-11-2016 by seasonal because: better vid

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

They don't know when to stop and what is appropriate. No surprises. Tact, Ethics, and Cooperation for a cause don't seem to compute.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

My god, a comedian spoke about a current topic?

If you're booing a comedian then the comedian is doin their job properly.

More power to her I say.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Wanda Sykes should run for President if she thinks she can do a better job. I would say 99.9% of America has never heard of her. Isn't Wanda Sykes a man who wears a wig?

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

I think the job of a comedian is to make people laugh? Could be wrong though.

I hardly think that a cancer fundraiser is the appropriate venue to spout random political garbage, unless they were booked as a political comedian, but given what I saw in the video I doubt that's true.

Seems pretty exploitative really.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
From reading the comments on the article, the main problem was she wasn't funny. They said others made fun of Trump but did so in jokes. Apparently, Sykes wasn't making jokes, she just went on and on about Trump.

Look I have no time of day for people in the entertainment industry. Most of them are intolerant of anyone who doesn't share their beliefs, are ignorant of facts, and among the most arrogant people on the planet.

But I have no problem with political humor at any sides expense.

The problem is people went to an event to laugh, not to be lectured at. And when they turned on her after 5 minutes of this lecturing, she showed her class by screaming expletives at the crowd and flipping them off.

This shows her arrogance. Who cares that people paid good money to be their to hear comedy, HER needs are more important. This type of attitude is why the average people is getting fed up with these type of people on the left.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
1st rule of Comedy.

Know thy Audience.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Classy and sensitive to the reason she was there, it was for cancer.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: infolurker

Classy and sensitive to the reason she was there, it was for cancer.

Exactly..I was just about to point out that her whole reason there was for a fund raiser for cancer, not a lesson in corrupt politics which, by the way, I'm sure make the Cancer victims families feel REALLY good about having to live with their disease. If I had cancer after having seen that, I would say nevermind, don't cure me.
edit on 13-11-2016 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

I think the job of a comedian is to make people laugh? Could be wrong though.

You are!

Show me a comedian who wouldn't prefer boo's and I'll show you a bad comedian.

Now Wanda Sykes isn't a Pryor, Hicks or Carlin but she's trying and her set was pretty good.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
1st rule of Comedy.

Know thy Audience.

She was in Boston, so she thought it was a safe joke to make; she was wrong.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Some people went to a cancer charity comedy event and got upset when god forbid a standup comedian did topical humor. WTH? Were they expecting cancer ward jokes?
And really it's Wanda Sykes. (I've seen her taped shows+audio)
Bunnykins. Yes honeykins. I got us some primo seats to that charity comedy event you've been talking about. Oh honeykins you're the best. Bunnykins who's this Wanda Sykes who's gonna perform? A sometimes angry black female actress writer and standup comedian. Nifty,Negroes are funny.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

The Great ones knew how to take current topics and make them funny.She's just ranting.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Really? You haven't watched the set yet make a judgement, but have you watched Bill Hicks?

Your response could be put to any of his shows and would be equally wrong.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Reminds me of when Thatcher was elected.

She made draconian cuts in the UK arguably necessary to keep UK plc ?viable. It seemed to eventually lead to our current improved materialistic state of living, compared to Soviet Russia and Communism.

However, when you talk to Russians they seemed happier under Communism.

And so Don nicks the menial jobs back from China and Indian sub-continent - do the pompous spoilt peasants work for minimum wage with their narcissistic view on life indoctrinated by MSM?

"The world owes me one" - er, no it doesn`t.

And so to the main topic -right-on comedians lambasted Thatch and thought with their grandiosity they contributed to her downfall. Such is their grandiosity.

People watch/listen to comedians to laugh, reflect and change their feelings.

If you end up with a left-wing ranter who doesn`t know the nuances of humour and can`t suss an audience then she may have to change her patter and move with the times.

As Darwin said - the fittest i.e best fit, survive.

She may need to become more subtle or re-invent herself in an ironic form although most Americans don`t get irony.

This is how she could end up in an ironic way

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: buckwhizzle

The Great ones knew how to take current topics and make them funny.She's just ranting.

It was a funny set! A little preachy but still funny.
The great ones don't get special priviledges. Whether it's funny or not is irrelevant to the ability to say it.

Like Patrice Oneal says, funny jokes and unfunny jokes come from the same place.

I've been enjoying laughing at liberals all week, the right can't turn soft now they've won.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Wanda Sykes comedy is like taking a really long and painful sh#t. You just want it to be over.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

The great ones don't get special priviledges. Whether it's funny or not is irrelevant to the ability to say it.

Like Patrice Oneal says, funny jokes and unfunny jokes come from the same place.

I've been enjoying laughing at liberals all week, the right can't turn soft now they've won.

Could it be the last year of constant crap in the one sided media that people are tired of hearing it? They paid good money and didn't want to have a self absorbed liberal look down her nose at them?

I guess tastes vary.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Could it be the last year of constant crap in the one sided media that people are tired of hearing it? They paid good money and didn't want to have a self absorbed liberal look down her nose at them?

I guess tastes vary.

Donald Trump got boo'd and hissed at when he made Hillary Clinton jokes at that snooty-people's dinner 3 weeks ago. He didn't react like a child though.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

All the best comics are self absorbed liberals.

Tastes are irrelevant here tho.

If you are crying over what a comic says about Trump then perhaps you should sit down with a crying liberal and pat their stress dog too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join